By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

i don't understand why we are having numbers in this thread before the front page

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Where are these new numbers?

edit: no worries, op was updated

enrageorange said:
dsage01 said:
Wow great 360 sales. I'm really starting to wonder if 360 can beat out PS3 globally this year. It's going to be really close between the two. Wii will be below PS3 for the rest of the holidays most likely.

Actually most likely, the wii be ahead of the ps3. December is the one month where the USA is typically around 50% of the entire video game market, and the wii is doing a lot better in America then the PS3 is doing. 

With the launch of FF 13-2 PS3 will dominate in Japan (last year was still close, this year Wii has no crazy big launches in Japan) And Europe this time around PS3 can win big and same with others. Last year Wii and PS3 were on par on all those markets. This year PS3 will most likely destroy all competition in those areas. And your basing your data on BF week. I'm judging it on pretty much on 2010 and 2011. 

I thought PS3 was overtracked until I saw those bundles... Not sure now.

Wii numbers. Not sure what to think.

360 numbers. Fantastic.

kowenicki said:
Some of the UK PS3 bundles are getting very generous... eg.

320gb PS3 + Uncharted3 + GT5 + Battlefield 3 + FIFA 12 - £259.99

That is an amazing bundle

Id buy that instantly if i had the chance. Even though i already have U3 and GT5...

Great value.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
enrageorange said:
thismeintiel said:
pezus said:
Donutsticks said:
I honestly doubt vgchartz ps3 numbers in the USA. Every retailer in america was carrying the same bundle with lbp3 and the ratchet and clank game and honestly the ps3 bundle was the hottest console on the market this year. every one of the stores in my area sold out of them in minutes. yet if the charts are to be believed only about 150,000 of that bundle was made. Did that mean that only maybe 5 bundles was sent to each store or something then?

Well, there could have been a limited supply of the bundle which is why you saw it being sold out. MS apparently shipped a lot of 360s for BF so they wouldn't run out (and it shows in the numbers )

While I do believe the PS3 was last on Black Friday, given the PR release, I don't think it was that far from the Wii's numbers.  VGC has the PS3 at 388,725.  Nintendo said they sold 500K Wii's just for Thursday night and Black Friday, which leaves ~141K (360 had slightly more) that were sold for the rest of the week.  I would imagine the PS3 would have around the same for the rest of the week.  So subtract 141K from the PS3's ~398K for the week, and you get 257K just for Black Friday.  Now Wal-mart has 4,288 stores in the US, including Sam's Club, and Target has 1,750.  That's ~6K between the both of them, which would give you an average of ~43 consoles per store.  That sounds like a pretty reasonable amount stock for the PS3 Holiday Bundle. 

The only problem is, there are many more stores that recieved those bundles.  When you count the thousands that went to Best Buys, to Game Stops, and to Radio Shacks, you are going to see that average number dwindle down into the 20s.  Then when you consider the thousands of others going to online retailers like Amazon, as well as the fact that not all the PS3s sold on Black Friday were the Holiday Bundle, that will probably drop those numbers into the low teens.  That just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Why would you assume the ps3 sold around the same as the 360 and wii this week excluding black friday. That assumption alone is ridiculous considering the week before blackfriday the wii and 360 were selling a lot more then the ps3 in America. Considering non blackfriday 360 sales dropped 100k from the previous week, wii sales dropped 50k, and total ps3 sales for the week before black friday were 110k total. The ps3 probably sold under 80k outside blackfriday this week. Considering sony wasn't even willing to announce their black friday numbers, a 300k+ blackfriday is very big.

A lot more?  Don't think so.  Just 2 weeks ago, the PS3 outsold the Wii in America.  And last week, I believe the PS3 was only behind the Wii by ~20K for all of America.  Sure its numbers for the rest of the week dropped, but I doubt it was by much more than the Wii's numbers.  Yes, they didn't release their numbers because they were 3rd, but I don't think it was that far behind the Wii's numbers. 

Another couple of large store chains I completely forgot, which also probably recieved thousands of PS3s for each retailer, is Toys R' Us and K-Mart.  This brings the average number of bundles down again.  I just can't see Sony shipping out ~10-15 PS3s, on average, to each store.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA :OCARINA OF TIME 3D- BUNDLE WITH A 3DS :D

The 3Ds is Zelda Themed :D

For 169 Dollars

Sorry for my bad English guys :D

I am from Germany - Dortmund

After seeing some of the incredible PS3 bundles in Europe that 100k+ increase makes sense.

554,036 236,421 176,811 967,268
686,277 194,356 54,211 934,844
299,593 100,106 23,913 423,612

Wow!, the 3ds is a beast, 3ds + ds above 1300k this week, wow! And the wii a complete moneymaker!

I hope Zelda remains big in sells for the coming weeks, the game is just amazing, one of the best games I have ever play. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Even in Germany you can easily buy a PS3 (160 gb) for 199 €, same Price as xbox with 4gb.