By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you like the new charts?

Do you like the new charts?

They are awsome! 12 3.55%

Yes! 39 11.54%

No! 137 40.53%

I hate them! 139 41.12%

Bah, charts... 11 3.25%

Total:338
morenoingrato said:

Yeah, all is a lot better, sad about the Top 50 gone, but everything else is looking really neat.

Also, because there are still complainers:

ioi said:
We don't have (and probably won't have for the forseeable future) any direct coverage of markets like Latin America, Asia, Africa or Middle East. We know roughly how big they are but no idea on which games / hardware sells and which doesn't. This is obviously something we are working on long term but the immediate change is to provide better detail on the regions we do track well. This means individual charts for:

- USA
- Canada
- UK
- Germany
- France
- Spain
- Italy
- Japan

And combined extrapolated charts for:

- Europe (UK + France + Germany + Spain + Italy extrapolated)
- Global (USA + Canada + Europe + Japan extrapolated)

So there will be 10 charts in total - 8 direct regional charts and two extrapolated charts (that will clearly have greater margins of error). Those 8 regions represent 79% of total worldwide sales for 2010 so the other 21% will essentially be an (intelligent) extrapolation of the data we have.

As we hopefully start to make some inroads with Latin America + Mexico (3.5%), Asia (3.2%), Australia (3%), Middle East and Africa (1.2%) and the rest of Europe (10%) we should be able to start doing weekly charts for them also and obviously including them in the global chart making it more and more accurate. Most of these regions will be heavily PS2 / PSP dominated which will explain why we may have always seemed low (and will continue to for the time being) on global hardware and software sales for those two platforms.

Awesome !!! I love the improvment !

Just one question : in top countries by population (http://www.cosmovisions.com/RangPopulation.htm) and wealthy enough, South Korea has the same population as Spain but not big enough game market ? Idem for Taiwan (too much pirated market ?) and Australia.

Around the Network

did the old vgchartz sales include estimates of untrackable countries e.g. Azerbaijan? and if so will the new charts still have sales estimates of these areas?

The charts and sales data have been awful for a while now, but now they are next to useless. All the old data is messed up with this new system and there is no way to view worldwide software numbers. Numbers on game pages aren't updated as well.

Anybody that joined this site for the sales data has no real reason to hang around anymore. I know I don't.

Well,I see that a lot of people don't like new charts. But I should remind you it's not finished yet... There are still about 5 charts that will come online. So don't worry, everything will be alright

Chrizum said:

The charts and sales data have been awful for a while now, but now they are next to useless. All the old data is messed up with this new system and there is no way to view worldwide software numbers. Numbers on game pages aren't updated as well.

Anybody that joined this site for the sales data has no real reason to hang around anymore. I know I don't.

Bye then.

Around the Network

Yeah and now it is all stopped!

Please give us back our clear simple sales pages with 50 position...

If you need to change in better i guess we should have 100 position charts and 6 pages:

Worldwide
North America
South America
Europe
Japan
Rest Of The World

Switch!!!

85% of people don't like it.

I didn't expect that.

The new region splitting is good, but the SW chart has become puny, it must at least revert from just Top30 to at least Top50, at least for the biggest selling regions and states, like Global, Europe, USA and Japan.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Which regions/countries is AP/MEA? Middle East and Africa?

I like it because they finally broke europe off from MEAA. People always pointed to the EMEAA charts and say how the PS3 is dominating in europe and now we can see that's not the case.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441