By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you like the new charts?

Do you like the new charts?

They are awsome! 12 3.55%

Yes! 39 11.54%

No! 137 40.53%

I hate them! 139 41.12%

Bah, charts... 11 3.25%

Total:338

Too early to say. We need to see the full presentation before we pass judgment. However one thing I'm not pleased about is that going from having an actual Aus/NZ HW chart in the EMEAA breakdown to Aus/NZ being swallowed up into the WW figure and disappearing forever gets minus infinity respect from me.

It appears the emphasis on data reporting has moved away from HW and towards SW. In some respects for service to the paying VGC pro clients SW figures by market (as many individual markets as possible) are much more important than HW. And because NZ/Aus are very similar in nature to USA/UK it's easy to extrapolate US/UK data and trends to Aus/NZ.

But for the Aus/NZ based gamer member of this site it's really disappointing to see our market sink into the oblivion of irrelevance.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I dont agree with the approach taken to change the numbers provided. Instead of finding ways to provide more accurate numbers worldwide, the website is eleminating areas where they believe it is hard to track.

Not only that, how will the histroical data be fixed to be aligned to those regions.? The old method is much better in my openion since we are talking about estimates and not actual numbers where you cant be 100% accurate.

I miss The publishers top 5 :(

I do not like it at all!

Switch!!!

wow not many positive votes,i can't understand it really

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

I think some people are being a little rash seen as though its clearly not been finished yet. I'm grateful they have put the figures up week ending 19th November, which they probably didn't want to do so soon but probably felt compelled to buy the sheer volume of people whinging. The only thing I would say, and there may be a future chart coming is that I don't particularly care for the new hardware chart, as it just gives you a number without breaking the regions down. I am well aware that you can check each of the eight regions individually but that is a bit of a drawn out process.

acdcste said:
I think some people are being a little rash seen as though its clearly not been finished yet. I'm grateful they have put the figures up week ending 19th November, which they probably didn't want to do so soon but probably felt compelled to buy the sheer volume of people whinging. The only thing I would say, and there may be a future chart coming is that I don't particularly care for the new hardware chart, as it just gives you a number without breaking the regions down. I am well aware that you can check each of the eight regions individually but that is a bit of a drawn out process.

i don't know how it will turn out in the end,but it will mean more discussion in the threads

japan is the same,the usa is a massive market and was the americas,i don't really see how it has changed because of the regions,i'm sure they will still have an others section

they are jsut separating what they have a clue on and what is just totally pie in the sky regarding numbers for the rest of the world,which is fair enough if they want to become more professional

Above & Beyond

Blah but I like it. Mainly because its more detailed then the original chartz breaking everything down and giving you a better idea of how your console is selling in the places vgc tracks best. And for the fanboys more fire to throw flaming shit with.

the new charts? Disappointment

I still don't get why people are posting saying the charts are a letdown when they are not finished. Jesus people give them time to get things running before passing judgement!