By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot gives The Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword a.........

God has abandoned us!

Around the Network

Having had sex with so many people help.

I will get my copy tomorrow afternoon.

Switch!!!

Acevil said:
When I saw this score, i think I went who cares in my mind. Damn, I am really getting over this professional reviewers stuff.

This season of strange reviews really helped me get over this online video game media stuff.

yeah, pretty much this.

(the dood at gamespot gave it a "Bad Control's" badge, while hundreds of other reviewers called out for the controls beeing amazing. hrmh.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

"However, the formula is beginning to show its age. There just aren't enough new ideas to separate Skyward Sword from its predecessors..."

"There just aren't enough new ideas to separate Skyward Sword from its predecessors..."

Oh my god, thaaaaaaaank you. I thought I was the only one seeing this problem as well. Of course it's not a problem to everybody but yeah. 7.5 seems a little low but it really shouldn't matter. It's still chilling at a cool 94 on metacritic.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

i stopped going to Gamespot after they gave Excite Truck a 6.8

They're a joke. Bunch of fat dudes that hate motion controls.

Around the Network

I find it utterly bizarre strict magazines and sites like Eurogamer, Edge, GamesTM and even Metro Gamecentral can praise Skyward Sword for being so inventive, for breathing fresh air into the Zelda franchise, for nailing motion controls perfectly, and then Gamespot insist it's still the same old Zelda with controls that don't work properly. I can't judge accurately until I've played the game myself, but given the evidence I've read across reviews, it sounds like whoever reviewed this simply doesn't understand how the typical Zelda formula has been shaken up, and then criticises it for still being a Zelda game. The same site can praise the incremental changes in the yearly COD games, yet after 5 years in development and with clear changes from the Ocarina template, they criticise Zelda for not doing enough to change.

While famitsu just gave this 40/40 yeah so take that gamespot.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Asriel said:
I find it utterly bizarre strict magazines and sites like Eurogamer, Edge, GamesTM and even Metro Gamecentral can praise Skyward Sword for being so inventive, for breathing fresh air into the Zelda franchise, for nailing motion controls perfectly, and then Gamespot insist it's still the same old Zelda with controls that don't work properly. I can't judge accurately until I've played the game myself, but given the evidence I've read across reviews, it sounds like whoever reviewed this simply doesn't understand how the typical Zelda formula has been shaken up, and then criticises it for still being a Zelda game. The same site can praise the incremental changes in the yearly COD games, yet after 5 years in development and with clear changes from the Ocarina template, they criticise Zelda for not doing enough to change.

Exactly! And that’s one of the reasons Gamespot is biased! Or at leas the person that reviewed the game.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

pezus said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Gamespot is Nintendo biased (you can call me stupid or fanboy), it's the truth

they barely care about Nintendo or it's platform, 90% of their site is based on Xbox360/Ps3

so, IGN says 10, Gamespot says 7.5

I say Gamespot sucks, not that IGN is always right or something, but i usually agree with IGN reviews more than Gamespot

There's a good reason for that, and no it isn't because they are biased. They need something to write about and considering the lack of (good) Wii games for the last few years, being 90% based on 360/PS3 isn't that unusual.

This reviewers sucks though, he seems to only like certain genres and hate all others. Don't know why he doesn't just stick with his specialty (shooters most likely).

i know, it's normal to focus on Ps3/Xbox360 lately, since Wii games are very few lately

but the difference is so huge, not even before when the Wii had games coming out, they didn't care, and they don't care about Nintendo and the great Nintendo characters either, they barely mention Nintendo, pretend Nintendo does not exist

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

So we have our controversial review just like Uncharted did, and ours is worse...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.