By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot gives The Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword a.........

First time somebody gives the new Zelda a proper review.Gamespot- My new favorite site. This game only relies on the fame of the Ocarina of Time games, which may have been the best in it's time, but the whole Zelda series is super outdated. I still excited for the WII-U Zelda games, it looks great.

Around the Network

Don´t worry about that. That review just proves that some (maybe most) Gamespot reviewers are just FPS fanboys or videogames noobs. The guy just didn´t know what he was reviewing at all.

Roma said:
TRAVIS!!! said:
Roma said:
read that he was trying to waggle his way through and that he was unhappy with the pointer even though the game doesn't use it. thats a professional reviewer!

I was thinking that myself, he just seems like a complete noob.

But I actually don't really care about those reviews, I'm just looking forward to the game and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with it...

Yeah I know what you mean but still you expect professional work not some stupid idiot that doesn’t know what works and what doesn’t. I mean the game is 1-1 motion but it seems the guy is too used to waggle so he waggles :P

maybe he was replaying twilight princess before reviewing SS

but I'm really not sure anymore about the professionalism of many reviewers....opinions and reviews of actual gamers/forum poster, whatever, mean so much more to me

germibobi said:
First time somebody gives the new Zelda a proper review.Gamespot- My new favorite site. This game only relies on the fame of the Ocarina of Time games, which may have been the best in it's time, but the whole Zelda series is super outdated. I still excited for the WII-U Zelda games, it looks great.

Have you read the review?  I'm all for honest reviews, but clearly he didn't know how to play the game, so he defaulted to waggling.  If you can't even properly use the controls the way they were intended then your review should be written off as garbage.  No more waggling, wake up Nintendo has actually learned how to use motion controls properly.  I wouldn't be arguing ifj it wasn't for the fact even some of the other lower reviews were PRAISING the controls.  Gamespot doesn't have any credibility.

I don't know I also watched the gametrailers review and it sounded more like a 7.5 than the 9.1 it actually got there.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Meh.... Gamespot. Just wanted some hits.
The review felt more like a 13 year old reading his journal.

I like Zelda very much. But i always feel i am playing the same game over and over and over again. Same story told in different ways.

rccsetzer said:
I like Zelda very much. But i always feel i am playing the same game over and over and over again. Same story told in different ways.

Yeah but thing is that it got criticized in other sites for not being a conventional Zelda :P I really don't see the point of this review. I never really liked Gamespot anyways since the GTAIV saga

Coming into this holiday season, there was a list of "must haves" that I've been picking off, one by one.
-Gears of War 3
-Dance Central 2
-Batman Arkham City
-Metal Gear Solid Collection
-Uncharted 3
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Mario Kart 7
-Saints Row The Third
-WWE '12

If they've released, I already got them. Of the games I've listed, only Super Mario 3D and Arkham City have blown away my expectations.
Gears 3 and MGS HD lived up to my expectations.
The rest have been slightly disappointing.

I'll grab Saints Row 3 today and Skyward Sword on Sunday but I'm not as hyped as I used to be (after reading a couple of bad reviews). Hope the best isn't behind me. Skyward Sword HAS to be good!! It just has to.

Gamespot is Nintendo biased (you can call me stupid or fanboy), it's the truth

they barely care about Nintendo or it's platform, 90% of their site is based on Xbox360/Ps3

so, IGN says 10, Gamespot says 7.5

I say Gamespot sucks, not that IGN is always right or something, but i usually agree with IGN reviews more than Gamespot

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^