By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot gives The Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword a.........

im suprised it got all the good scores so far. Skyrim and Dark Souls have made Zelda kinda obsulete and unnoticeable by now

Around the Network

Gamespot...

By reading the review seems like they never followed the on screen instruction, cause it's impossibile, if you do, to get wrong with controls.

LAME!

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

In every case a game that most consider a masterpiece is dummed down by a reviewer or two. People are entitled to their own opinion and I learnt this from AV Club's review of Uncharted 3, my opinion cannot be changed of how good I think a game is.

Wow 1 critic gave it a 7.5. Even if his control preach is bullshit, should I really care? about 80% of the video game critic gave it a 10. lol

Player1x3 said:
im suprised it got all the good scores so far. Skyrim and Dark Souls have made Zelda kinda obsulete and unnoticeable by now

I doubt it mate, you can't make Zelda Obsulete. the franchise is Immortal.

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:
While famitsu just gave this 40/40 yeah so take that gamespot.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

I'm going to comment in here as I've played Skyward Sword. I've had ZERO, Absolutely ZERO issues with the motion controls. There are only a couple negatives in that Gamespot review that even make sense. The rest are just imagined by the reviewer who obviously didn't want to even try to play the game, I bet since it wasn't an FPS or a first person game in general. Maybe it was because it was on the Wii, and it wasn't hardcore enough for him.

KylieDog said:

I've not even finished the Skyward Temple and I am bored of this, aside from the bird parts I played this game 13 years ago and several times since.

Score seems deserving. Also very annoying when the camera drops to floor level and nothing you can do to raise it and it stays there no matter where you go.

I'm finding motion plus just being an annoyance more than anything also, I got to point the wiimote at the floor almost just to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen? What sort of crap design is that, I'm not sitting half-arse off the chair where I can point downwards with my arm, I'm sitting on a chair properly and the human wrist does not bend down like that in the postion you're meant to hold a wiimote so I got to completely re-adjust the way I hold it while pointing downwards. Use the damn IR pointer, it has worked for 5 years now.

My friend there should be something wrong with your wii or your wiimote, 'cause I have not have any problem at all yet.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
KylieDog said:

I've not even finished the Skyward Temple and I am bored of this, aside from the bird parts I played this game 13 years ago and several times since.

Score seems deserving. Also very annoying when the camera drops to floor level and nothing you can do to raise it and it stays there no matter where you go.

I'm finding motion plus just being an annoyance more than anything also, I got to point the wiimote at the floor almost just to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen? What sort of crap design is that, I'm not sitting half-arse off the chair where I can point downwards with my arm, I'm sitting on a chair properly and the human wrist does not bend down like that in the postion you're meant to hold a wiimote so I got to completely re-adjust the way I hold it while pointing downwards. Use the damn IR pointer, it has worked for 5 years now.

My friend there should be something wrong with your wii or your wiimote, 'cause I have not have any problem at all yet.

Yeah, he is probably emulating it.  I've seen numerous post and it seems like he is a fanboy of the PS3.  I would have no problem with him arguing that it feels like every other Zelda game, if he hadn't listed Street fighter and a Resident evil game as his favorite games.   I played street fighter 2 and I've palyed Street fighter IV.  Both are basically the same game with updated graphics and added characters.

Cmon who should even trust these "professional"game sites anymore, If Zelda's always been awesome to you, like what you think Skyward Sword is, then it is awesome.

Like if you were to recall what happened to MW3... High scores, but it got kind of screwed to the depths of hell by player scores.

It's personal preference, really.