By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot gives The Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword a.........

What I don't understand is that they complain that it is more of the same. Well that's the whole point of a SEQUEL. When you buy a sequel you expect the same game with new levels and a expansion of the game world. If I wanted a different game I would buy a different game.

So the more of the same complaint makes no sense.

I am killeryoshis I remember my name so you don't have to

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Roma said:

this is what it says for me which is strange if it's only happening too me

*error message*

The entire site gave me that error a few minutes ago (maybe half an hour) but the "Nintendo Discussion" link at the top of the pages in this thread works fine, as does the link in the "Forum Index", sorry buddy :p

Try a different browser?

Explorer sucks so I’ll stick with firefox and live with having too click on the hot topics link and chose Nintendo from there and hopefully it will go away as Rol says :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

killeryoshis said:
What I don't understand is that they complain that it is more of the same. Well that's the whole point of a SEQUEL. When you buy a sequel you expect the same game with new levels and a expansion of the game world. If I wanted a different game I would buy a different game.

So the more of the same complaint makes no sense.

I am killeryoshis I remember my name so you don't have to

I tought it was just a nick. But it is good your name is killeryoshis... :D

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Torillian said:
morenoingrato said:
@Wagram:
Valid complains?
He said the game doesn't use IR pointer well. The game doesn't use it at all!!

That's a case of poor research, but it doesn't change his experienece, is your opinion on a burger you don't like invalid if you don't know the method by which the cooks prepared it?  

I don't think if he knew the game used a different sensing method for aiming that he would have had a different experience trying to use it.  

Before we all get into the "you're just being negative" stuff this is the only point of the debate I am arguing against, I do not care about the rest of the review or defending it, just this point about how if you don't know how a game senses your actions your experience is invalid.

We should anticipate that the reviewer has done a modicum of research into what they are playing. Although if someone has a hard time telling that a certain action is having no effect, we should question their ability to review video games under that aforementioned anticipation

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Motion tracking beats IR for pointing because of not having to point directly at the IR sensor bars everytime you use your sling shot or whatever. There is no down time when having to look for your pointer on screen before you shoot.
The only real drawback with this method is if somehow your hand is an awkward position(like after a swordslash), then you go to pointer mode, where ever your hand position is will be the center of the cursor. This easily remedied with the center button or by simply learning not to switch to pointer mode when your hand in all kinds of places(which you will learn)

Also all sword slashes must pass through the frontcenter point of Link,unlike the bug net( So you can't do a horizontal slash on the enemy's feet for instance). I assume its to prevent the player from missing the enemy when slashing?. So yes a bit of 1 to 1 control is taken away from you in swordfighting for more streamlining. The bug net is more 1-1.

The two above is where some may get confused only at the beginning, but are not real issues. Its kind like getting used to pressing the Z button every time to position the camera behind link back in OOT, after awhile it becomes second nature.

The reviewer saw the above as an opening to attack the motion controls, but this where gamespot loses credibility for providing professional reviews.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
germibobi said:
First time somebody gives the new Zelda a proper review.Gamespot- My new favorite site. This game only relies on the fame of the Ocarina of Time games, which may have been the best in it's time, but the whole Zelda series is super outdated. I still excited for the WII-U Zelda games, it looks great.

no, not really since they turned the formula upside down on it's head.

Pavolink said:
All hail our new overlord EDGE

Thinkin the same thing.

complex controls? Were they born yesterday or something? The Wii has been out since 2006 (2007 for some country's), now how can it be complex still?

They should have gave it an 8.5.

germibobi said:
First time somebody gives the new Zelda a proper review.Gamespot- My new favorite site. This game only relies on the fame of the Ocarina of Time games, which may have been the best in it's time, but the whole Zelda series is super outdated. I still excited for the WII-U Zelda games, it looks great.

How it looks great an HD TP demo of an outdated series?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ey guys, I already have the game. My copy arrived today. I've layed the first two hours, great game! I am listening to the CD now. Gamespot? Famitsu and IGN are my top sites!