By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot gives The Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword a.........

pezus said:

Of course you don't recall, you believe you were correct every time you said something to me...which you weren't

Yeeeah, thaaat's why I don't recall

ok I can see you're not going to shut up with your pointless replies until I stop replying to you (I think I read that in someone's sig on here lol)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
maverick40 said:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/uncharted-3-drakes-deception,64220/

I can actually say for once I can respect the score.

His main complaints are "more of the same, it's predictable, and bothersome controls"

Now while I may not agree with the score (Idk I haven't played it yet) he does back up his opinion with good points.

I never once commented on the AV Club review of Uncharted 3. I did comment on Eurogamers. In which they gave it an 8. I read the review and I disagreed with it. Not because it was an 8, but because the text didn't support the score. I could care less about the actual 8.

Take for example Skyrims recent reviews of 10. There's no way in hell that's a 10 with all the bugs/tech issues and the such. The reviews do not justify the score, and that's when I complain.

When it comes to Zelda. I understood what the reviewer was saying. He complained about "more of the same, poor controls, and that it was predictable." I can't comment on the poor controls. I have not played it but I understand what he means when he says it is more of the same. I just played Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess about a month ago. They all use the same formula barring some new additions with each game. That will affect each person different. Some people love that, and some people hate it. Personally i'm fine with it, but I do wish they would step it up a little bit. There's only so many times I can go through a temple using a bow, a slingshot, bombs, and a grapple.

@ Some random guy.

You made a comment about my negativity. I'm not going to lie. I'm a negative person. I complain about what I dislike. You said I complained about the 3DS. I did and it was about the 3D aspect which in my opinion is a piece of shit. Not because I have a vendetta against Nintendo, but I hate 3D in general. I wear glasses so it's really annoying and I don't like how the 3DS renders it without the glasses. 3D is a tacked on feature to garner more money (in the case of movies). I'm sure the actual 3DS is a great system (although it needs games still) and I do plan to buy one.

@Wagram:
Valid complains?
He said the game doesn't use IR pointer well. The game doesn't use it at all!!

Wagram said:

I never once commented on the AV Club review of Uncharted 3. I did comment on Eurogamers. In which they gave it an 8. I read the review and I disagreed with it. Not because it was an 8, but because the text didn't support the score. I could care less about the actual 8.

Take for example Skyrims recent reviews of 10. There's no way in hell that's a 10 with all the bugs/tech issues and the such. The reviews do not justify the score, and that's when I complain.

When it comes to Zelda. I understood what the reviewer was saying. He complained about "more of the same, poor controls, and that it was predictable." I can't comment on the poor controls. I have not played it but I understand what he means when he says it is more of the same. I just played Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess about a month ago. They all use the same formula barring some new additions with each game. That will affect each person different. Some people love that, and some people hate it. Personally i'm fine with it, but I do wish they would step it up a little bit. There's only so many times I can go through a temple using a bow, a slingshot, bombs, and a grapple.

@ Some random guy.

You made a comment about my negativity. I'm not going to lie. I'm a negative person. I complain about what I dislike. You said I complained about the 3DS. I did and it was about the 3D aspect which in my opinion is a piece of shit. Not because I have a vendetta against Nintendo, but I hate 3D in general. I wear glasses so it's really annoying and I don't like how the 3DS renders it without the glasses. 3D is a tacked on feature to garner more money (in the case of movies). I'm sure the actual 3DS is a great system (although it needs games still) and I do plan to buy one.

They are not reviewing OoT, WW or TP. It is Skyward Sword, which has recived praise for being fresh for other reviewers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

morenoingrato said:
@Wagram:
Valid complains?

That's a case of poor research, but it doesn't change his experienece, is your opinion on a burger you don't like invalid if you don't know the method by which the cooks prepared it?  

I don't think if he knew the game used a different sensing method for aiming that he would have had a different experience trying to use it.  

Before we all get into the "you're just being negative" stuff this is the only point of the debate I am arguing against, I do not care about the rest of the review or defending it, just this point about how if you don't know how a game senses your actions your experience is invalid.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
@Wagram:
Valid complains?

That's definitely one of the areas this review needs to be called into question on. Do these people not have editors that look over their work before they publish?

Pavolink said:

They are not reviewing OoT, WW or TP. It is Skyward Sword, which has recived praise for being fresh for other reviewers.

Indeed it has. I'm definitely hoping they are correct. My Pre-Order is in and I can't wait. I think a lot of these people are mistaking what I said for "I agree with it, it's zelda and it deserves a 7.5." Which is definitely not the case.

Pavolink said:
Wagram said:

@ Some random guy.

Those don’t count :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Soriku said:
KylieDog said:

Probably deserving of it if again is just OoT with a new art style.

Surely there has to be a limit for plain ignorance?

Anyway, meh, there has to be one controversial review I guess. Funny that's it's Gamespot again though.

Yeah I was like "wtf" when I read that, but it's just wagram so no big deal

Wagram said:
Pavolink said:

Indeed it has. I'm definitely hoping they are correct. My Pre-Order is in and I can't wait. I think a lot of these people are mistaking what I said for "I agree with it, it's zelda and it deserves a 7.5." Which is definitely not the case.

I think many reviwers were expecting something different. Like suddenly their copies were a first-person Zelda, it has voice acting or returns to TP artstyle. What is more interesting is that some harsh magazines (Edge, CCC, VG, even Computer & Videogames) praise the games, while the 'americans' feel it is 'more of the same'.

We are not complaining about only the score, but how they are complaining because they don't like what they play. As someone posted above us, the reviewer take off points just because he don't like fetch quest, no matter if they are well implemented.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile