By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:
Damnit, i forgot to do it earlier today. My list is back at my apartment. I'll get it later

I bet i'm the only person who mentioned PSO Ep III, though

I am pretty sure you also WILL be the only person to mention PSO: Episode III.

I am also disappointed in how this thread here goes. I thought it was all about discussing my great choices, but nobody gave a damn about Neutopia II.

I would...if I'd heard of it! Right now, Plants vs Zombies seems to be leading the way. I would keep score but people don't post at the same time, it's hard to keep track.



PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.


Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:

I would...if I'd heard of it! Right now, Plants vs Zombies seems to be leading the way. I would keep score but people don't post at the same time, it's hard to keep track.

Trust me, you don't want to even bother keeping score at this point. I tried it last year, and it's just not worth it.

@Rol

Is that some sort of NeoPets spinoff?



SvennoJ said:

Excellent choice, I love the whole might and magic series. The rpg games were very addictive, you got so powerful in the end you could kill everyone in a village with one spell :) No respawns, fun times clearing every enemy in the whole game.

The heroes strategy games spin off were even more addictive. Many hours wasted :) The variation in the different races and city styles was indeed one of it's strongest point.

My brother and I were reminiscing on our favorite games a year or so ago, and this game came up. Of course, we searched and searched for the old disc but we couldn't find it. Sadness indeed.

But we decided to buy the Complete Edition ($15 on Amazon) and split the cost. Played the heck out of the game when it came in.



Smeags said:

#48: Heroes of Might and Magic III (PC)
Release Date: February 28, 1999

Heroes of Might and Magic III was one of the first strategy games I played, and is also one of the most unique. It combines both elements of turned based and real-time strategy elements to create a fun and refreshing take on the genre. But the part I loved the most was all of the different races that you could play as. From the demonic Inferno to the swampy Fortress, each of the eight city types had unique creatures to train and battle with. Finding gold and other precious items to build up your city was a satisfying and fun affair, and forming a great army was always brought a sense of pride. It was so easy to be sucked into the deep gameplay and strategy of the game that hours would pass by in an instant. There's so many reasons to fall in love with this game, and for that Heroes of Might and Magic III earns the #48 spot on my list.

Favorite City-State: Necropolis
Favorite Creature: Ghost Dragon


Hell yeah! Heroes 3 was my favorite of the Heroes of M&M saga. It was perfect for me, i remember playing with a friend of mine in the same PC, it was really fun especially when we allied forces in order to destroy a CPU controlled faction. Necropolis is by far my favorite, and my favorite creature would be the Vampire Lord(? i don't recall right now the name, but they were vampires that regenerates un a % when you attack a enemy unit. If you have a legion of these you are virtually unstoppable.



3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

MRKs said:

Hell yeah! Heroes 3 was my favorite of the Heroes of M&M saga. It was perfect for me, i remember playing with a friend of mine in the same PC, it was really fun especially when we allied forces in order to destroy a CPU controlled faction. Necropolis is by far my favorite, and my favorite creature would be the Vampire Lord(? i don't recall right now the name, but they were vampires that regenerates un a % when you attack a enemy unit. If you have a legion of these you are virtually unstoppable.

*high-five* Go Necropolis! :D

Things I love about them:

  • Amass hundreds upon hundreds of Skeletons easily. Even higher level units can be dispatched by the multitude of Skeletons.
  • Death Ripple is awesome to use, in that Necropolis units are unaffected by this powerful spell.
  • Vampire Lords, when in large groups, are (like you said) virtually indestructible since they regain mass amounts of health (and regain fallen Vampire Lords) with each attack.
  • Power Liches can decimate clustered groups of units.
  • Ghost Dragons aren't the most powerful ultimate creature, but they're cheaper and still pack a punch. Plus they look awesome.


Around the Network

Might I request pictures be banned from the main thread or at least limited to most recent game added, the page is gonna take an eternity to load eventually and some people seem to really going overboard with picture sizes, nevermind the time it takes to scroll past them all. Embedded videos are even worse.

I thought about removing the images from my post to not make it so long and reduce load time and I'm just using tiny box arts for images.

 

edit: If anyone is like me it just gonna make me ignore all but my own post and not even read others unless posting in THIS thread.



________________________________________________________________

Alright, decided to take part. I still have a problem of 25-50 being completely interchangeable though, so everything below 25 may as well be joint #25, but anyway:

#50 - Future Cop L.A.P.D. (PS1)


#49 - LocoRoco (PSP)


#48 - Trials HD (XBLA)



48: Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (SNES)



________________________________________________________________

Machina said:

Alright, decided to take part. I still have a problem of 25-50 being completely interchangeable though, so everything below 25 may as well be joint #25, but anyway:


Don't you mean that #2-#25 could be a joint #25?

@Kylie

I'll keep a look at the Official Thread and see how it functions as we get bigger and bigger.

Also, I used to play the sequel, Spiderman and Venom: Seperation Anxiety on the Genesis all the time. Good choice.



RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:
Damnit, i forgot to do it earlier today. My list is back at my apartment. I'll get it later

I bet i'm the only person who mentioned PSO Ep III, though

I am pretty sure you also WILL be the only person to mention PSO: Episode III.

I am also disappointed in how this thread here goes. I thought it was all about discussing my great choices, but nobody gave a damn about Neutopia II.

Never even heard of that game.

No one gives a damn about Front Mission



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results