By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Discussion Thread!

Click Here For the Official Thread

Click Here For the Sign-Up Thread

The purpose of the Discussion Thread is to discuss and talk about our own top 50 games as well as other poster's top 50 games. Here's a couple of rules:

• All discussion is to be posted in this thread. The Official Thread is only for posting our lists.
  • I encourage everyone to ask questions and spark discussion. These are our favorite games of all time after all, and don't be shy to tell others why a certain game is so great... or to ask another user why his/her game made it on the list. The more discussion the better!
  • That said, please keep things civil and fun. There's no point in flaming others or trolling a certain game.

Other than that, feel free to talk about anything and everything! Have fun! ^_^

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Discuss my glorious choices. It's November 12th already.

Spyro: Year of the Dragon eh (you can post your choice of the day here)? That was indeed a good game Rol. Played it a couple of times at my friend's house.

Also, it's one of the things that sucks about living in America. We're one of the last people to see the next day (especially obvious on New Years). 4.5 hours to go.

I voted Wii Fit as game #50, it's a game! and a great one at that, boo you who ever disagrees!!! :D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

RolStoppable said:
Ajescent said:
I voted Wii Fit as game #50, it's a game! and a great one at that, boo you who ever disagrees!!! :D

I see, you have the same strategy as me. Putting up a token game at the start is the way to go. *high fives*

Yup, now I can't be accused of hatin' :D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I went with Wii Sports for #50. It isn't even the 12th here but I couldn't resist since others were posting.

Around the Network

Just added my 50th: The Godfather on Wii.

The driving was kinda iffy but the rest of the game was very enjoyable.

I can't really comment much on Spyro except I played about 10 minutes of a PS1 Spyro game years ago and it put me off platformers, as such I didn't buy a platform game between Banjo-Tooie and Virtual Console Super Mario 64 (though tbh I can't think of many platformers in that time that people mention, so perhaps I didn't miss much)

I've never tried Wii Fit, though I have considered it (more as a means to get my family to play games than for myself)

Wii Sports is awesome, you'll see it higher up on my list (but for fear of smeags I shall not say where)

Well it's happened. 9 hours in and someone has already posted twice in the Official Thread.

Blkfish and Machina (shame Machina, shame) have posted in there even though they never signed up, but Salnax is the first to post twice. *shakes fist*

(Not a big deal. It was only a matter of time. Just messin' with ya Salnax. But seriously, don't ever do it again. *RAGE*)

It's already the 12th now in Europe, so I posted my 50th game in the thread.

Xenoblade:Chronicles!! The best JRPG this gen so far. Shame it still isn't released yet in America.

Systems owned: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP N64 Wii iPhone

#50: Plants vs. Zombies
Release Date: May 5, 2009
Consoles Played On: PC, iPhone, DS

Tower Defense games. Can't get enough of 'em. Brains. Zombies can't enough of those. So what happens when these two elements collide? You get Plants vs. Zombies, a unique, addictive, and (most importantly) fun foray into the Tower Defense genre. Zombies want to invade your house and eat your brains, so what's the best way to defend yourself against the undead menace? Plants of course! Choosing the right plants to defend against the multitude of zombie types is the key to victory, and each level needs your (delicous) brains to pull through. I've played this game to death (zombie pun) on three different systems now, and I still go back to play another round. Also, the end credits song is fantastic. Sunflower rules!

Favorite Plant: Cattail
Favorite Zombie: Dolphin Rider Zombie

I have an odd list...since there's a lot of games in there that are awesome, but no halo, no grand theft auto IV, no OCarina of time (just playing that for the first time now).

Not indie, but not too mainstream either.

My 50 is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I didn't like any Call of Duty aside from the Modern Warfare games, and even then I feel that Modern Warfare 2 and 3 SUCKED at narrative. seriously, some of the biggest dropoff in quality in any game series. Do no game developers understand narrative waves? There's supposed to be exposition, tension building, not "4 hours of nonstop intense action!" Modern Warfare 1 did it right, there was tension, there was emotion, and it revolutionized modern FPS multiplayer. good job, all around great game!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android