By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

It's already the 12th now in Europe, so I posted my 50th game in the thread.

Xenoblade:Chronicles!! The best JRPG this gen so far. Shame it still isn't released yet in America.

Systems owned: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP N64 Wii iPhone
Around the Network

#50: Plants vs. Zombies
Release Date: May 5, 2009
Consoles Played On: PC, iPhone, DS

Tower Defense games. Can't get enough of 'em. Brains. Zombies can't enough of those. So what happens when these two elements collide? You get Plants vs. Zombies, a unique, addictive, and (most importantly) fun foray into the Tower Defense genre. Zombies want to invade your house and eat your brains, so what's the best way to defend yourself against the undead menace? Plants of course! Choosing the right plants to defend against the multitude of zombie types is the key to victory, and each level needs your (delicous) brains to pull through. I've played this game to death (zombie pun) on three different systems now, and I still go back to play another round. Also, the end credits song is fantastic. Sunflower rules!

Favorite Plant: Cattail
Favorite Zombie: Dolphin Rider Zombie

I have an odd list...since there's a lot of games in there that are awesome, but no halo, no grand theft auto IV, no OCarina of time (just playing that for the first time now).

Not indie, but not too mainstream either.

My 50 is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I didn't like any Call of Duty aside from the Modern Warfare games, and even then I feel that Modern Warfare 2 and 3 SUCKED at narrative. seriously, some of the biggest dropoff in quality in any game series. Do no game developers understand narrative waves? There's supposed to be exposition, tension building, not "4 hours of nonstop intense action!" Modern Warfare 1 did it right, there was tension, there was emotion, and it revolutionized modern FPS multiplayer. good job, all around great game!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Runa216 said:

My 50 is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I didn't like any Call of Duty aside from the Modern Warfare games, and even then I feel that Modern Warfare 2 and 3 SUCKED at narrative. seriously, some of the biggest dropoff in quality in any game series. Do no game developers understand narrative waves? There's supposed to be exposition, tension building, not "4 hours of nonstop intense action!" Modern Warfare 1 did it right, there was tension, there was emotion, and it revolutionized modern FPS multiplayer. good job, all around great game!

I remember when Call of Duty 4 first game out. Many gamers (even those rascially PC gamers) where genuinely excited about this game and what it stood for for the FPS genre.

It's interesting to see the franchise today and how, despite it's huge popularity, there's a lot of people who loathe the series.

I wonder how many people will list MW2 as their #1

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
I wonder how many people will list MW2 as their #1

Well considering the site has a small FPS fanbase on the site I say very low chance. There's a higher chance someone other then me has Muscle March on their list....

Former something....

Smeags said:

I remember when Call of Duty 4 first game out. Many gamers (even those rascially PC gamers) where genuinely excited about this game and what it stood for for the FPS genre.

It's interesting to see the franchise today and how, despite it's huge popularity, there's a lot of people who loathe the series.

I actually didn't even know about Modern Warfare until World at War came out....and I fell in love.  

The thing is, ALL popular games get their detaractors.  a quote of my own is: "The amount of irrational hate any form of media gets is directly proportional to it's popularity."  That's why so many people hate so many popular things, and why big games like Call of Duty or big movies like Avatar have people worldwide who positively loathe them. 

Hell, I hated Harry Potter for the longest time simply beause it was popular and I didn't feel it deserved it (at the time only the first two books were out and to this day I think they were both trash).  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

This was one of my first big Simulator games. Played it on my Pc, which I could not even tell you what it was, at the time. It was a good game back then, but now I cannot stand these types of games. Main reaon why I have it at 50. Get them out of the way first!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I picked Megaman X (SNES) as number 50. Sting Chameleon is my favorite Maverick  of the game.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Here we gooooooo!!!

#50. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ (gamecube) - No, it's not just a port of the GBA game. It's a million times better because it has the best crazy multiplayer I ever played and you can use a gba link to make an extra controller. That and because I have huge nostalgic memory playing it with my cousins and we constantly were laughing. Thought I would get rid of it but I think it still deserves to be on this list.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls