By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

My choices:

#50: Street of Rage

#49: Punch Out!

#48: The Sims

And btw FF X-2 was very good, the plot was a little silly and I hate Rikku but the gameplay was awesome. The only serious drawback was the ending... it really felt like all you did was for nothing!

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network

#48) Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)

Kingdom Hearts II added ONE new feature that makes it better than the original. No, not the Drive Gauge or the Reaction Commands. Not the new Gummi Ship segments, and certainly not those creepy guys in white jumpsuits.

No. I'm talking about the "Skip Cutscene" button.

It may seem like a little thing, but in a game where cutscenes are this long and frequent, and the story is such a mess of poor fan-fiction, Mary Sues, and ridiculous amounts of melodrama, it can be the difference between a good game and an awful one.

Sorry for not updating so far Smeags. Not been at a computer, just been on my phone... its a bit of a ballache and I wanna do it properly. Ill update tonight!

Lol. The Master of Orion III website has a notice: This website requires netscape 4x or IE 4x or higher

TWRoO said:
Lol. The Master of Orion III website has a notice: This website requires netscape 4x or IE 4x or higher

Netscape.... I haven't used that since the 90s...

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

#48 Master of Orion played on PC, released 1993

One of, if not the best turn based strategy game set in space. It had it all, 10 alien species, lots of worlds to colonize, good diplomacy, interesting tech trees and well crafted combat. It was ahead of its time. You could build your own ships with the different technologies you discover. This opened a whole world of strategy, what kind of lasers or shields to use, do I build fewer expensive heavy ships or a lot of weak fast ships to counter the different strategies of each alien race. I still feel guilty about all those planets I bombed from orbit with biological weapons. Master of Orion 2 was just as awesome with vastly improved graphics, the third one however missed the mark.

Seems like I would probably enjoy this game.  I love turn based strategy games and I love space.  I have never played a turn based game that was based in space.  I'll have to look into maybe getting #2.  Perhaps, Steam might have the game but maybe it is too old.  I'll have to check once I get a refurbished computer for Christmas.

I went with Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES) because I believe it is the best version of SF2. While there might have been a better version of SF2 (no clue considering there are probably a ton of them), I love the ability to crank up or down the speed of the game. I didn't even own a SNES (went with Sega that generation) but I played this game a little when it was first out on SNES. I have put a decent amount of hours on the VC title while playing against a friend.

TWRoO said:

They kept a website all this time?

netscape.... I don't even know what that is lol, but I have heard the name.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
TWRoO said:

They kept a website all this time?

netscape.... I don't even know what that is lol, but I have heard the name.

Well MoO3 apparently released 2003, which isn't that long ago, and in fact IE6 was already out (which is still annoyingly hanging around) I guess the website will have been set up before the games release, but I still find it odd they didn't take the notice down.

As for Netscape, they and Microsoft had the original 'browser war'* back in the 90s, Microsoft pretty much muscled them out though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape

Edit: Lol, this is awesome: (from wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_wars )
In October 1997, Internet Explorer 4.0 was released. The release party in San Francisco featured a ten-foot-tall letter "e" logo. Netscape employees showing up to work the following morning found the giant logo on their front lawn, with a sign attached that read "From the IE team ... We Love You". The Netscape employees promptly knocked it over and set a giant figure of their Mozilla dinosaur mascot atop it, holding a sign reading "Netscape 72, Microsoft 18" representing the market distribution.[8]

Cool observation of the day:

Plants vs. Zombies has been ranked as #50 (Smeags), #49 (TruckoSaurus), and #48 (WildVine) so far.

Also, let's make a list of those who signed up yet haven't posted in the Official Thread yet!

Shinobi-San
EnrageOrange
SqueakySamurai
NobleTeam360
MrT-Tar
Rainbow Yoshi (banned)
ConeGamer
TheHusbo
Madd55
NintendoMonopoly

Expect wall posts! *flies away*