By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Last Story being released in Australia...Nintendo continues to crap on their most dedicated fans!!!

oniyide said:
oni-link said:
Galaki said:
Level1Death said:
how many people know of these games

That's their job to promote their products, Nintendo platform is not an exception.

Games sell consoles, especially good/great ones.

exactly...and if Nintendo worried less on it's "color" scheme and more about gamer's perpective maybe they wouldn't be battling Sony so hard in Japan!!!  I for one will be boycotting the new Kirby game as a start (I couldn't boycott Skyward Sword regardless of how I feel about NOA or Nintendo Japan) and will probably hold out with the Wii-U, for a few months or even a year until Nintendo starts to respect it's North American market!!!  Just look at this years platinum reward for their Nintendo club..SMB pin badges...PIN BADGES!!! They even neglected to make it Zelda themed knowing full well it's LoZ's 25th anniversary...no thought at all!!

this is the problem right here with NInty fans. YOu cant pick and choose what games to  boycott, thats not boycotting. If your going to boycott that means you stop buying NInty products PERIOD. that includes Zelda. How much people in the US are willing to do that? Very little.

I have PS3 and Wii and 90% of my gaming bucks goes to Sony, last gen it was 55% Sony 45% Ninty. Hell of a drop

agreed. You can't just boycott nintendo except when something you really really want comes out. Doesn't really have much of an affect then does it, if your only boycotting games you might have not gotten in the first place.

IMO nintendo is trying to build up hype for these products through the angry fans. They will come out sometime in 2012 before the wii u realese as sort of a last hurrah, though maybe they fear releasing a few big rpgs might keep current NA wii owners satsified enough to pass up on getting the wii u initially. Everything is about money and for one reason or another nintendo america thinks it will make more money by not releasing the game or delaying the release.

Around the Network
Level1Death said:
Galaki said:
Level1Death said:

That's their job to promote their products, Nintendo platform is not an exception.

You're right, they shouldn't be exempt, and I'm not making excuses for them, but the reality is NoA thinks of these games as miniscule and not worth the time.

That´s probably the case...which is a mistake, in my humble opinion...no one knows where the next hit will come from, some of the games deemed "not worth the time" might create a surprising following that would grow over time..it´s a gamble, the whole business is, but with the amount of $$$ Nintendo has, sometimes they could be a bit less conservative.

Hasn't xenoblade been tearing it up in Europe...?

Now do you know how Europe feels when every single other publisher in the world treats us like this?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I wanted this game based upon the hype. But after playing Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon and realizing that Last Story was made by Mistwalker....I REALLY want this game. Too bad Wii is region locked (unlike PS3 where I can import Japanese gems such as Tales of Xillia!) otherwise I would import in 2 seconds

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

It'll maybe come to America eventually... There hasn't been a good game released on the Wii for almost a year or so (well ever since DKCR).

enrageorange said:
oniyide said:
oni-link said:
Galaki said:
Level1Death said:

exactly...and if Nintendo worried less on it's "color" scheme and more about gamer's perpective maybe they wouldn't be battling Sony so hard in Japan!!!  I for one will be boycotting the new Kirby game as a start (I couldn't boycott Skyward Sword regardless of how I feel about NOA or Nintendo Japan) and will probably hold out with the Wii-U, for a few months or even a year until Nintendo starts to respect it's North American market!!!  Just look at this years platinum reward for their Nintendo club..SMB pin badges...PIN BADGES!!! They even neglected to make it Zelda themed knowing full well it's LoZ's 25th anniversary...no thought at all!!

this is the problem right here with NInty fans. YOu cant pick and choose what games to  boycott, thats not boycotting. If your going to boycott that means you stop buying NInty products PERIOD. that includes Zelda. How much people in the US are willing to do that? Very little.

I have PS3 and Wii and 90% of my gaming bucks goes to Sony, last gen it was 55% Sony 45% Ninty. Hell of a drop

agreed. You can't just boycott nintendo except when something you really really want comes out. Doesn't really have much of an affect then does it, if your only boycotting games you might have not gotten in the first place.

IMO nintendo is trying to build up hype for these products through the angry fans. They will come out sometime in 2012 before the wii u realese as sort of a last hurrah, though maybe they fear releasing a few big rpgs might keep current NA wii owners satsified enough to pass up on getting the wii u initially. Everything is about money and for one reason or another nintendo america thinks it will make more money by not releasing the game or delaying the release.

fair enough... I was really planning to pick up the Kirby game initially and still want the game.  However this recent BS by NOA is really getting to me and thus I am keeping my $$$$$ to buy 360 games (with the exemption of LoZ:SS) this holiday season!!! If Nintendo really does continue with this BS I will boycott the Wii-U at least a whole for a whole year.  I for one am not supportive in modding but desperate fans do desperate things (not that I am saying I will I could just pick up a used PAL system) in order to pick up and import these PRF games!!!

Iveyboi said:
I wanted this game based upon the hype. But after playing Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon and realizing that Last Story was made by Mistwalker....I REALLY want this game. Too bad Wii is region locked (unlike PS3 where I can import Japanese gems such as Tales of Xillia!) otherwise I would import in 2 seconds

ditto, and what makes it worse is that those 3 games along a few others(fatal frame etc) are the type  of games NIntendo gamers have been waiting for.

On another note, your freaking avatar of adrianna lima is distracting as hell!!! It's gonna be hard for  you to top that one. Jaric is one lucky bastard.

see the resemblence ? 

Just hack it, its not like Nintendo offer the possibility of purchasing the game here. And while your at it, if you dont already have a second console, BUY ONE ; ).