By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Last Story being released in Australia...Nintendo continues to crap on their most dedicated fans!!!

I don't understand how Nintendo works sometimes.  In it's futile attempt to regain it's popularity in Japan, it seems to have forgotten the biggest market that continues to support them; which is the North American market!!!  Despite, their dedicated fans pleas and begging via Project Rainfall for games that it's dedicated fanbase sincerly wants; Nintendo turns a blind eye to the fans that supported them the most!  What should or could Nintendo fans in NA region do to change this?  Since, asking nicely, and begging doesn't seem to work; would the opposite have a diffrent effect.  If Nintendo doesn't release the Project Rainfall's games that it's hardcore base pleaded for; should these same dedicated fans retaliate back and pull support (even for a brief time) with NIntendo's project?  I think Nintendo fans in NA have been supportive enough to receive these PRF(project rainfall) games especially at the end of the Wii's lifecycle (a system that could be argued to have ignored it's mainstream fans).  I say that these same PRF fans should send a message to Nintendo, and pull support either now or during the Wii-U's launch to finally get their voices heard.  I hate to say it but let the new Kirby return to dreamland be an example to this!!! Nintendo, choses what they want for the NA market regardless of their fan's input and it is up to it's NA fans to stand up and let their voices be heard!!!

Around the Network

Reggie runs NoA. Ask him why he hates you.

I would like to see these games come to America, but honestly, how many people know of these games besides us forum goers. Operation Rainfall failed and so will any other so called protest What's that saying? Spitting into the wind.

Level1Death said:
how many people know of these games

That's their job to promote their products, Nintendo platform is not an exception.

Games sell consoles, especially good/great ones.

Galaki said:
Level1Death said:

That's their job to promote their products, Nintendo platform is not an exception.

exactly...and if Nintendo worried less on it's "color" scheme and more about gamer's perpective maybe they wouldn't be battling Sony so hard in Japan!!!  I for one will be boycotting the new Kirby game as a start (I couldn't boycott Skyward Sword regardless of how I feel about NOA or Nintendo Japan) and will probably hold out with the Wii-U, for a few months or even a year until Nintendo starts to respect it's North American market!!!  Just look at this years platinum reward for their Nintendo club..SMB pin badges...PIN BADGES!!! They even neglected to make it Zelda themed knowing full well it's LoZ's 25th anniversary...no thought at all!!

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Reggie runs NoA. Ask him why he hates you.

....probably because I finally bought an X360-Slim!!! Now my gaming dollars go 70% Nintendo and 30% MS (and growing)!!!

Galaki said:
Level1Death said:

You're right, they shouldn't be exempt, and I'm not making excuses for them, but the reality is NoA thinks of these games as miniscule and not worth the time.

I started a thread on why i was done with Nintendo because of not releasing this game. I still feel the same way
although I was being a drama queen. But I have not purchased a wii or ds game since
Big deal, right?

When is this bitching gonna stop already?
If you really want the game, you will import it. Hacking a Wii is elementary. In fact, it takes less time than typing out this whole post.

oni-link said:
Galaki said:
Level1Death said:

exactly...and if Nintendo worried less on it's "color" scheme and more about gamer's perpective maybe they wouldn't be battling Sony so hard in Japan!!!  I for one will be boycotting the new Kirby game as a start (I couldn't boycott Skyward Sword regardless of how I feel about NOA or Nintendo Japan) and will probably hold out with the Wii-U, for a few months or even a year until Nintendo starts to respect it's North American market!!!  Just look at this years platinum reward for their Nintendo club..SMB pin badges...PIN BADGES!!! They even neglected to make it Zelda themed knowing full well it's LoZ's 25th anniversary...no thought at all!!

this is the problem right here with NInty fans. YOu cant pick and choose what games to  boycott, thats not boycotting. If your going to boycott that means you stop buying NInty products PERIOD. that includes Zelda. How much people in the US are willing to do that? Very little.

I have PS3 and Wii and 90% of my gaming bucks goes to Sony, last gen it was 55% Sony 45% Ninty. Hell of a drop