By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CNN says video games is a reason for lack of ambition in men.

I read the article and I don't think it says anything of the sort (I'm not saying I agree with it, but it never claims that video games are the reason for the lack of ambition in young men).

If anything I would say that the article treats video games with with a smattering of respect by putting it in the same category as film and music when it comes to some of the negative male role models that are presented on those mediums. Many places would have simply singled video games out when it comes to violence or negativity.

Around the Network

Personally I don't get the part of about marriage and children, or does CNN simply believe that this is the path of life that is an obligation to be a real person.

I'm working on my second BA/MA. I spent a few years in university without knowing where I wanted to go.

As a result, I'll be here for a couple more years. My social life isn't exactly fascinating, but there will be better times ahead.

I don't blame vidya for anything though. With the exception of my early teens, I've never been a fervent gamer.

HappySqurriel said:
As a university graduate with 2 degrees and a good career how about I provide an alternative suggestion ...

Men in their 20's and 30's are the first generation who were raised to believe that everything about being a man was "wrong" and "sexist" by institutions and organizations that are heavily manipulated by feminist academics and social engineers. These men have now escaped into their own fantasy worlds believing that the world has no "purpose" for them, while their absence has left a large portion of the social structure collapsing around them.

I remember my first year at college when I took the obligatory Freshman 101 course. Of course there was a female/male issues week and we watched a couple of videos on the subject. Female issues: men cause it. Male issues: Haha good one, but if there are issues then men cause it. I remember coming out of that week feeling like garbage.

Playing Pokemon and Smash Bros. (it was college after all) never felt so good that weekend. XD

that was extremely sexiest, how could a news report if be ok with sending this article out?

Around the Network

Is this a serious article? Why do we even need men? Really?

I am just a relic of a forgotten age.. Now I've reverted back to childhood joys like video games, junk food and cartoons.

I believe I've become a manchild in a world where being a man is irrelevant.

But I wanna get married, women are HUGE financial liabilities, being challenged in the workplace is too hard, I rather be challenged by my games, I don't wanna have a family, I still wanna do things that are in my living room before setting down.

/sarcasm

Pixel Art can be fun.

Alright CNN, I'll stop playing games and get a real job.

Oh wait. THERE ARE NONE.

Okay then, I'll marry this guy I like and we'll adopt some children togeth... no wait, that's illegal in most of this country...

Welp, I'll just spend the next half a decade spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a degree that may or may not be useful then!

And this is why I've been having problems feeling guilty.

Love and tolerate.

I can't wait for their article on guys that post on video game forums.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'm 30 years old, I'm single, I had my own electrocnic store, I work for 10-12 hours a day, and I playing video games 5-8 hours a week (except saturday)
As long I can manage my time, I don't see any point on CNN article.