By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - George Lucas adds a Nooo! to Return of the Jedi Blu-ray (I'm serious)

Joelcool7 said:

I don't mind the addition much. Infact I can't wait to see the 3D versions of each movie and what Lucas does to touch up the series. I wanna see the CG in the prequels over hauled and improved. Phantom Menace was a leader for its time but the CG is dated now and I think it needs to be improved. Honestly I love all six films and don't understand how some people can be so upset.

I've been a fan since I watched the films, I have the origional's on VHS in their origional form before Jaba was a giant slug. Back when he was a man. Honestly I don't think Lucas's additions have harmed the series at all.

I will not be buying this on BluRay simply because I am 100% positive that the 3D versions will have enhanced CG and touch ups that will make this version obsolete. I can't wait to see what the series looks like after it has been remastered in 3D!

IMO, one of the biggest problems with computer generated graphics in movies is that they are used far too heavily and the movies end up having effects that don't age well ... I have noticed that the movies from the 1990s that used conventional set-building,  animatronics and other effects and used computer generated effects where appropriate actually look better than a lot of newer movies that used CG heavily. On top of that, when interacting with puppets/animatronics the actors tend to give far better performances which helps the audience ignore the problems with these effects.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Joelcool7 said:

I don't mind the addition much. Infact I can't wait to see the 3D versions of each movie and what Lucas does to touch up the series. I wanna see the CG in the prequels over hauled and improved. Phantom Menace was a leader for its time but the CG is dated now and I think it needs to be improved. Honestly I love all six films and don't understand how some people can be so upset.

I've been a fan since I watched the films, I have the origional's on VHS in their origional form before Jaba was a giant slug. Back when he was a man. Honestly I don't think Lucas's additions have harmed the series at all.

I will not be buying this on BluRay simply because I am 100% positive that the 3D versions will have enhanced CG and touch ups that will make this version obsolete. I can't wait to see what the series looks like after it has been remastered in 3D!

IMO, one of the biggest problems with computer generated graphics in movies is that they are used far too heavily and the movies end up having effects that don't age well ... I have noticed that the movies from the 1990s that used conventional set-building,  animatronics and other effects and used computer generated effects where appropriate actually look better than a lot of newer movies that used CG heavily. On top of that, when interacting with puppets/animatronics the actors tend to give far better performances which helps the audience ignore the problems with these effects.

This is so true!

You just have to compare Jurassic Park with JP3. The first is actually miles better when it comes to how realistic the dinosaurs are.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
Munkeh111 said:
So it seems I am the only one who is excited about this release, and doesn't care too much about these small changes? And actually enjoyed the newer trilogy (mostly)

I'm with you on this. My impression is that Lucas is trying to create symmetry between prequels and sequels. Not that I support the tinkering, but do not see it as such a big deal.

If he wanted to create symmetry between the trilogies all he had to do was to do the prequels right. Not doing an half-assed job and then changing the perfectly good original trilogy. He had 20 years to write prequels that match perfectly with the first films but I guess that wasn't enough for him.

The noooooooooooo was all that was missing ;)

How about the fact the Leia remembers her mother when according to the prequels she died in childbirth?

How about when Yoda says, "Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future... the past. Old friends long gone."

Joelcool7 said:

How is this possible!?  Jabba was never shown in the original theatrical release even though the scenes were recorded, that scene was cut.  We only saw human Jabba when George Lucas showed the deleted scenes for Star Wars Special Edition and even then, he only showed a short clip to show how they changed Human the human actor into Slug Jabba so that the deleted scene could be added!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ufJAp6meU

This proves that George definitely has a sense of humor.

God bless him!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of nerds suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I hope he's trolling...noone would make the additions he makes to his movies for the sake of art.

(unless of course they're a fat old outtatouch goiternecked useless fucker living off their former glories and whose talent was sucked up their own saggy ass a good 25 years ago...

which just doesn't sound like George!)

Meme reference in star wars? Hell yes. I approve!

I'm cancelling my pre-order tomorrow.

I just don't understand why he keeps screwing around with the greatest movies of all time.

Hopefully one day I'll get to see the original releases on blu-ray.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

someone posted this on facebook as an allegory on how Lucas handles the Star Wars franchise, thought i share it

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’