By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - George Lucas adds a Nooo! to Return of the Jedi Blu-ray (I'm serious)

Meh. I saw Return of the Jedi in theaters as a kid and I'm a big fan of the series (got the originals on VHS and DVD) and I actually enjoyed the prequels. I don't see the issue with a two second edit here and there. I actually prefer the updated versions to the originals. I'll buy Blu Ray and I'll enjoy the story just like I always have since I was six years old.

This changes nothing.

Around the Network

Not a big fan of star wars, but I can easily see how fans can be mad.

TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
Munkeh111 said:
So it seems I am the only one who is excited about this release, and doesn't care too much about these small changes? And actually enjoyed the newer trilogy (mostly)

I'm with you on this. My impression is that Lucas is trying to create symmetry between prequels and sequels. Not that I support the tinkering, but do not see it as such a big deal.

If he wanted to create symmetry between the trilogies all he had to do was to do the prequels right. Not doing an half-assed job and then changing the perfectly good original trilogy. He had 20 years to write prequels that match perfectly with the first films but I guess that wasn't enough for him.

The noooooooooooo was all that was missing ;)

How about the fact the Leia remembers her mother when according to the prequels she died in childbirth?

You could say that she remembers her foster mother, though obviously that ruins the whole mood of the scene.

Perhaps he'll edit that scene too, and add some CGI tentacled flying monster in Leia's place.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
Munkeh111 said:
So it seems I am the only one who is excited about this release, and doesn't care too much about these small changes? And actually enjoyed the newer trilogy (mostly)

I'm with you on this. My impression is that Lucas is trying to create symmetry between prequels and sequels. Not that I support the tinkering, but do not see it as such a big deal.

If he wanted to create symmetry between the trilogies all he had to do was to do the prequels right. Not doing an half-assed job and then changing the perfectly good original trilogy. He had 20 years to write prequels that match perfectly with the first films but I guess that wasn't enough for him.

How about the fact the Leia remembers her mother when according to the prequels she died in childbirth?

"Just images, really. Feelings."

Easy to work with without having to dick with continuity too much, though it does imply she was around longer than that...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The only change that I see as justified was having Ian McDiarmid do the emperor's hologram in Empire because having the old lady made things inconsistent. Other than that, they should have just digitally remastered everything without adding/changing anything else.

I remember how mad I got when I saw the end of the Jedi DVD and say Hayden Christiansen instead of Sebastian Shaw. That totally ruined what was an emotional moment.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

He has to be doing this on purpose at this point, I mean how much more obvious trolling can someone be than Lucas is here?

The revisions started after one of the ewoks was mistaken for Lucas and took over control.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Troll_Whisperer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fufinu said:
Munkeh111 said:

You could say that she remembers her foster mother, though obviously that ruins the whole mood of the scene.

Perhaps he'll edit that scene too, and add some CGI tentacled flying monster in Leia's place.

Lmao, just the image of that makes me chuckle every time.

I can see him changing it again in the 3D version From NOOOO! to F U LOL!

I don't mind the addition much. Infact I can't wait to see the 3D versions of each movie and what Lucas does to touch up the series. I wanna see the CG in the prequels over hauled and improved. Phantom Menace was a leader for its time but the CG is dated now and I think it needs to be improved. Honestly I love all six films and don't understand how some people can be so upset.

I've been a fan since I watched the films, I have the origional's on VHS in their origional form before Jaba was a giant slug. Back when he was a man. Honestly I don't think Lucas's additions have harmed the series at all.

I will not be buying this on BluRay simply because I am 100% positive that the 3D versions will have enhanced CG and touch ups that will make this version obsolete. I can't wait to see what the series looks like after it has been remastered in 3D!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer