By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP - August 27, 2011

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Antabus said:

I am not trying to provoke anyone, I am just genuinely happy to see nintendo doing worse. I am so selfish that I don't want my gaming experience ruined with the kind of stuff nintendo offers.

As I see nintendo doing bad, I believe next gen might not be as crappy as it looked few years back.

I don't agree, greedy publishers like Activision and EA manage to ruin gaming through extreme milking, dumbification, humiliating brilliant teams and other filth without any Nintendo help. But it's your opinion and you've got the same right as Malstrom and his fans to express it, and it's still milder than Malstrom's, that blamed the rest of the industry for the same you blame Ninty, just to turn later against Ninty because it doesn't make enough Nintendo "classic".games.

So which are those extremely milked games? Dumbed down ones?

Then tell me that nintendo does not dumb down for example sports games. They also made these "casual" games popular. It is a genre I wish would die out as soon as possible.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
I imagine the Wii marketshare was more mocking the old threads we used to get for every new .1% the Wii gained marketshare, on the way to 50%.

I intend on making threads similar, for when the Wii approaches 40%.

OT:
Great week for PlayStation and 3DS.

At this point sub-40% is almost a foregone conclusion but when do you suppose it'll happen? Late 2012? 2013? I'm thinking early 2013.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Carl2291 said:
I imagine the Wii marketshare was more mocking the old threads we used to get for every new .1% the Wii gained marketshare, on the way to 50%.

I intend on making threads similar, for when the Wii approaches 40%.

OT:
Great week for PlayStation and 3DS.

At this point sub-40% is almost a foregone conclusion but when do you suppose it'll happen? Late 2012? 2013? I'm thinking early 2013.

Depends on a few things. When Wii U is released in the Year. If 360 or PS3 see successors next Year. If Wii U releases mid-2012, with no new entries from Sony/MS... Then Holidays next Year.

postofficebuddy said:

Holidays 2012 is my guess tbh.

The reason I think early 2013 is because I expect Wii to reach 100 million either in late 2012 or early 2013. 100 million at 40% is 250 million total. Sony expects to be at 65 million by April next year and I expect both 360 and PS3 to reach 75 million within a month or two of each other probably around early 2013. Unless Sony cuts price again next year, then maybe holidays 2012 for PS3.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
2007 - PS3 outsold the 360 during the holidays (after both had price cuts)
2008 - Xbox 360 outsold PS3 by a comfortable amount after another price cut
2009 - PS3 outsold the 360 by a comfortable margin after a price cut and redesign
2010 - Xbox 360 outsold PS3 but not my as much as 2008 and PS3 still sold the most for the year

With 2011 already in PS3's favor, by a comfortable amount, the only way Microsoft could hope to outsell the PS3 during the holidays (isn't happening for the year, regardless) is by a price slash of some sort. A universal, main cut is unlikely before Nov 2011, so maybe a $50 price slash on Kinect products, which I'm pretty confident wouldn't be enough to top PS3 this holiday.

It´s like a goddamn seesaw.

Mordred11 said:
Michael-5 said:

Well I'll be damned. I assumed the year of Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Bioshock was the holiday 360 won. I was wrong.

Maybe PS3 can top 360 all year round. WTH is MS doing not cutting price?

They will once they realize that their strategy isn't working.

Microsoft is an intelligent corporation. They are raking in the revenue off the 360, and not careing about console sales.

I agree that PS3 will likely outsell the 360 this fall, but it's stupid that MS isn't doing anything major about it (those budles better be damn good). 360 is the cheaper system to build, yet it costs more? Where is the logic in that?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

@NYANKS

The thing is though I agree that 3DS had a crap lineup in terms of software and stuff for launch and I agree that Vita looks to have excellent software.

However the PSP brand is immensley smaller than the DS one, all the titles shown so far will only cater to pretty much core centric demographic, and the high price tag means its certainly out of mass market price range. The thing is I'm all for the Vita and hope its successfull but I really think that it doesn't have even a chance of outselling 3DS WW. Possibly it will in Japan where the PSP brand is pretty strong.

Antabus said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Antabus said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
morenoingrato said:
Antabus said:
Sweet!! Wii down to 44,8%!

Wow, you must be really proud of yourself and your stupid, empty and pointless victory.

So when Malstrom wasn't just happy of Wii's back then overwhelming leadership, but he wanted competitors to go bankrupt too, he was the stupidest man on earth. If you answer that Malstrom's rants were just provocations, then Antabus too has the same right as Malstrom to provoke.

I am not trying to provoke anyone, I am just genuinely happy to see nintendo doing worse. I am so selfish that I don't want my gaming experience ruined with the kind of stuff nintendo offers.

As I see nintendo doing bad, I believe next gen might not be as crappy as it looked few years back.

How would your gaming experience be ruined by a console you don't own? How did gaming turn into crap when Nintendo won this gen?

Use the google, a good search could be "kinect" or "ps move".

Luckily at least 360 survived without a lot of platformers/kart racers/whatever nintendo makes.

Can you elaborate??? because its not like Kinect and Move are being pushed on the customers, at least not the MOve. there are not that much Kinect games and 360 is still getting great 3rd party "core" support. Hell most of the Move games are "core" games anyway and their mostly optional. So i dont see how those are ruining the system, unless you just hate motion controls with a fury and that is well within your right to hate them, but i would not go so far to say they ruined gaming. The only system that suffered in the "core" department is Wii and it wasnt just motion control

oniyide said:
Antabus said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Antabus said:

How would your gaming experience be ruined by a console you don't own? How did gaming turn into crap when Nintendo won this gen?

Use the google, a good search could be "kinect" or "ps move".

Luckily at least 360 survived without a lot of platformers/kart racers/whatever nintendo makes.

Can you elaborate??? because its not like Kinect and Move are being pushed on the customers, at least not the MOve. there are not that much Kinect games and 360 is still getting great 3rd party "core" support. Hell most of the Move games are "core" games anyway and their mostly optional. So i dont see how those are ruining the system, unless you just hate motion controls with a fury and that is well within your right to hate them, but i would not go so far to say they ruined gaming. The only system that suffered in the "core" department is Wii and it wasnt just motion control

Care to read the first post of this quote once again. Success of the kind of gaming nintendo offers made ms/sony chase the same audience. Now that wii is getting beaten, there is hope that next gen might be good after all.

Kinect/move were just examples of what wii's success might bring.