By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP - August 27, 2011

Sweet!! Wii down to 44,8%!

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
JackyGoal said:
I'm still thinking that if the x360 gets a pricecut @ or before TGS then Sony will lower the PS3-price again with $50,= / € 50,=.
I'm hoping they will anyhow just to see sales explode. :P

Hey friend! Nice to see you posting more :)

I dont think Sony will be in the position to cut again by $50...i think Sony cuts prices when they can and also when its needed. Whereas MS can pretty much cut whenever they like so to speak. MS can afford to play the price game, Sony on the other hand are not in the same position. And i think weve seen that, Sony are running the race at their speed, and i dont think its because they want to but rather because they forced to. Another thing, and this is just a gues, but a price cut that comes soon after a previous price cut is a bad sign to investors...and can also be seen as a sign of desperation which i think they will want to avoid.

If i was Sony id take a lesser market share for increased profits at this point in the gen. Irrespective of what the competition (unless the competition is doing something amazing which they not).

I agree with you on one thing though, if they do cut the price again this year, say with uncharted 3 release then yeah SALES EXPLOSION :D

Precisely.

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Nintendo, RPG
2 16,740 46,974

Let's just blame the shortages...

Antabus said:

Wow, you must be really proud of yourself and your stupid, empty and pointless victory.

BenVTrigger said:
Great week for PS3 in EMEAA!

It is clearly apparent now that 3DS was being held back quite a bit by price. Its still selling pretty fantastic even weeks after the price drop. With a bunch of new software on the way it looks like Nintendo really might have turned the sinking ship around. Good for them, makes you wonder though what this means for Vita. It appears pretty clear the market isn't in any rush to support $250 portables.....

Strong debut for Deus Ex, should sell over a million on the 360 and hopefully on the PS3 as well. Really hope they make a direct sequel to it cause the game is fantstic.

Nice seeing Uncharted 2 get a boost and Infamous 2's boost is due to the PS3 bundle.

Couldn't it be that the market isn't in any rush to support $250 portables with shitty launch titles for multiple months?  Considering that the Vita seems set to have possibly the greatest launch lineup for a console ever, I feel like going by the terrible launch of the 3DS is insufficient.  I'm tired of people saying Vita has no chance because 3DS couldn't do it.  The 3DS launch was miserably handled.  You can't write off a strategy until someone attempts it and attempts it well.

Sorry, had to vent a little.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Michael-5 said:
LivingMetal said:

Actually,the PS3 sold better than the Xbox 360 worldwide during the 2009 holiday season.  And IIRC it also outsold the Xbox 360 last holiday season but just barely after adjustments on this site regardless of the Xbox 360's strong US demograph.

What does IIRC mean?

No the PS3 did not outsell the 360 last holiday season, check again. 360 was adjusted down, but it still sold something like 30% better.

2009 was the one exception. PS3 had an incredibly strong fall due to the Slim PS3 and price cut. Sony brought down the 360/PS3 gap from 8.1 to 4 million with this move. Very smart buisness strategy, and because of this I have to say 360 typically outsells PS3 during the holidays, instead of always.

PS3 outsold 360 during holiday 2007 as well. And 360 had gotten a price cut that year. IIRC means 'If I recall correctly'.

Well I'll be damned. I assumed the year of Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Bioshock was the holiday 360 won. I was wrong.

Maybe PS3 can top 360 all year round. WTH is MS doing not cutting price?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Well I'll be damned. I assumed the year of Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Bioshock was the holiday 360 won. I was wrong.

Maybe PS3 can top 360 all year round. WTH is MS doing not cutting price?

They will once they realize that their strategy isn't working.

Antabus said:

Rejoice! All is great in the world!

haha, honestly.. never will I understand the ongoing hatred of the Wii. People sure are funny.. The fact that you can hate a console with a 2D Mario game and Mario Kart is mind boggling :P

morenoingrato said:
Antabus said:

Wow, you must be really proud of yourself and your stupid, empty and pointless victory.

U mad?

Metallicube said:
Antabus said:

Rejoice! All is great in the world!

haha, honestly.. never will I understand the ongoing hatred of the Wii. People sure are funny.. The fact that you can hate a console with a 2D Mario game and Mario Kart is mind boggling :P

So you really think everyone loves mario games and it is impossible to see those games as trash? :O