By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American pre-order charts 30th July 2011

ioi said:
dsage01 said:
ioi said:
dsage01 said:
kowenicki said:

eh?

Okay so how is AC Revelations  PS3 not on the list when the PS3 and 360 version are pretty close (even in America). Skyrim and Mass Effect have more preorders than Uncharted 3! Despite the Uncharted 3 beta getting good reviews the preorders just drop? And I'm surprised Battlefield 3 is even close to MW3 it makes no sense. You can say the U.S. maybe the 360 land and whatever but there is no way any game except MW3 on the 360 that can beat Modern Warfare 3 on the PS3. Gears of War 3 to beat Halo Reach! This stuff is getting really crazy now. It's more like they guess these numbers instead of actally taking the time to find it out now

wtf?

Okay I was being a bit sarcasitc when I said they guess all the numbers. But me and some other people do think that these preorder numbers are really off.

You can think what you want to think.

You do understand that these are pre-orders at this point in time? That weekly pre-orders for a game can go up or down at any point in time and often increase significantly closer to the release date? You also realise that different platforms and different genres have different pickup rates for pre-orders? You can't just compare the absolute pre-orders as of today from game to game and genre to genre and expect to learn anything meaningful. What you need to do is compare games to predecessors or similar game types over similar timeframes.

Your general attitude and comments like "where can you find more BS preorder numbers"make you come across as pretty immature.

Okay I'm immature now? Maybe I shouldn't have said where can you find more BS numbers than this but serioulsy every week for at least a few months now me and other people have been complaining our ass of to maybe have some sort of justification to "why do all of us think that these numbers are pretty screwed up and how are these numbers accurate". But admit it you did undertrack Black Ops preorders last year on both versions and it looks like your doing the same thing over with Modern Warfare 3. And I don't understand how Assassin's Creed Revelations are so far apart from each other? Under 92k on PS3 and over 240k on the Xbox 360? Don't you think that's a little off and that too is a title that was being showcased at Sony's E3 and is being advertised for Sony? Now I do rememeber someone saying RPG games usually have high preorders and the actual sales aren't that high. And that happened iwth games like Fable, Mass Effect, and Dragon age. But then again the biggest PS3 beta ever leads to a drop in preorders. Now do you want to explain that to me?

Around the Network

i still wish we had a WW preordechart. i bet gears 3 is at 2 million preorders by now

ioi said:
dsage01 said:
ioi said:

You do understand that these are pre-orders at this point in time? That weekly pre-orders for a game can go up or down at any point in time and often increase significantly closer to the release date? You also realise that different platforms and different genres have different pickup rates for pre-orders? You can't just compare the absolute pre-orders as of today from game to game and genre to genre and expect to learn anything meaningful. What you need to do is compare games to predecessors or similar game types over similar timeframes.

Your general attitude and comments like "where can you find more BS preorder numbers"make you come across as pretty immature.

Okay I'm immature now? Maybe I shouldn't have said where can you find more BS numbers than this but serioulsy every week for at least a few months now me and other people have been complaining our ass of to maybe have some sort of justification to "why do all of us think that these numbers are pretty screwed up and how are these numbers accurate". But admit it you did undertrack Black Ops preorders last year on both versions and it looks like your doing the same thing over with Modern Warfare 3. And I don't understand how Assassin's Creed Revelations are so far apart from each other? Under 92k on PS3 and over 240k on the Xbox 360? Don't you think that's a little off and that too is a title that was being showcased at Sony's E3 and is being advertised for Sony? Now I do rememeber someone saying RPG games usually have high preorders and the actual sales aren't that high. And that happened iwth games like Fable, Mass Effect, and Dragon age. But then again the biggest PS3 beta ever leads to a drop in preorders. Now do you want to explain that to me?

We can debate all day long why numbers aren't as high or low as we'd like them to be but this is what the data shows I'm afraid. Maybe people who shop at the stores we track have different buying habits to yourself or to what you believe the population to have, who knows?

I could lend my opinion / analysis on all of the points you mentioned and explain possible reasons why the data is how it is, it's all down to opinion really, but this is what the raw measured data shows.

Well I'm sorry this preorder data isn't really as accurate as we would like it to be. It's no where near the 10% either. And your eariler data has proved this statement really well. I don't really need to explain. Anyways we can argue all day about this it's not like the data will suddenly change or be more accurate.

Woo, if Gears 3 can maintain its current rate (with no boost) it'll surprass Pokemons B&W and be the 4th highest pre ordered game in Americas.

When MW3 debuts that means 360 will hold all 5 top spots.

SpartenOmega117 said:
im about to preorder 5 games this week. Still can't decide if is should get battlefield 3 for ps3 or 360. Does on anyone know which version will be better based on the previews released so far?

well the PS3 version has battlefeild 1943 if that helps and i heard there using the PS3 as the lead platform but i also heard there using  the 360 so battlefeid 1943 may be the only insentive other then me kicking your cans online if you get the PS3 version.

spartans die at the hands of the helghast.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
ioi said:
dsage01 said:
ioi said:

We can debate all day long why numbers aren't as high or low as we'd like them to be but this is what the data shows I'm afraid. Maybe people who shop at the stores we track have different buying habits to yourself or to what you believe the population to have, who knows?

I could lend my opinion / analysis on all of the points you mentioned and explain possible reasons why the data is how it is, it's all down to opinion really, but this is what the raw measured data shows.

Well I'm sorry this preorder data isn't really as accurate as we would like it to be. It's no where near the 10% either. And your eariler data has proved this statement really well. I don't really need to explain. Anyways we can argue all day about this it's not like the data will suddenly change or be more accurate.

Good god, man, you have no idea whether it is accurate or not! You are just basing these arguments over what you THINK they should be, just your opinion.. Because it doesn't agree with you it must be wrong? Obviously the majority of people see nothing wrong with these numbers and we can understand they will constantly be changing as the game releases get closer. Why can't you?

What happened with Star Wars: The Old Republic? I'm not following this game, how did it go from 22,000 to 137,000 in one week?

Gears, MW and Battlefield are beasts.

No AC:R for PS3 is a bit wtf.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Nice Arkham city numbers!

dsage01 said:
ioi said:
dsage01 said:
ioi said:

dsage, just look at the preorder numbers from actual websites as well. They are mostly showing exactly the things you are claiming are "impossible" The only thing you seem right about are that the two assassins creeds aren't as far apart this week. I checked the preorder data of gamestop, walmart, bestbuy, and amazon. They almost all have uncharted 3 at very low preorder positions. They almost all have battlefield 3 for the 360 ahead of mw3 for the ps3. Again these are preorders for americas not first week sales ww.

The websites show current preorder sales, not total or even for a week but they are obviously showing that at least for today, not too many people are preordering uncharted 3, and more people are preordering battlefield 3 for the 360 than MW3 for the ps3. I'm not sure, but I think gamestop preorders are the most important because thats where the majority of americans preorder their games.

Gamestop preorders

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=2b0,28-xu0,135

Battlefield 3 for the 360 is ahead of mw3 for ps3

Uncharted 3 is in around 45th place

AC for the 360 is in 6th place, for the ps3 its in 14th place.

Amazon (doesn't have preorder specific charts but you can still compare the numbers)

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Battlefield 3 for the 360 is 36th best selling game

MW3 for the ps3 is 48th best selling game

Anything past number 100 is very insignificant but here

Uncharted 3 is 106th best selling game

AC:R for 360 is 304th. For ps3 its 394th

Bestbuy preorders

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=cabcat0700000~~nf415||5072652d4f72646572&list=y&nrp=15&sc=gameToySP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0700000

Battlefield 3 for the 360 is number 8 while mw3 for ps3 is number 9

Uncharted 3 is number 12

Assassins Creed for 360 is number 22 for the ps3 is number 26

Walmart preorders

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?tab_value=All&search_query=game&search_constraint=0&search_sort=5&ref=125866+501362&ic=48_0

MW3 ps3 is number 8 while battlefield 3 for 360 is number 13

Uncharted 3 for ps3 is number 46

AC is number 43 for 360 and 49 for the ps3.

@dsage01

You need to calm down. The numbers might not be 100% accurate but I'm sure they are more reliable than your guestimations. VGchartz is tracking retailers, what are you doing? Everything you're saying is based on questionable logic and not raw data.