By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American pre-order charts 30th July 2011

I predict that uncharted 3 will finish with 445k preorders in america and do 1.1 million WW first week:)

Around the Network
pezus said:
Seece said:
Mad55 said:
Man where is dead island

I can't see it putting in decent numbers unfortunately

Yeah, they definitely haven't released enough info about it. I know almost nothing about the game except that it's a zombie fps/rpg.

It looks like it could be a great game. If they would get more advertising out Im sure they would see more pre orders coming in. Could be that they just didnt budget much into the marketing campaign. Techland are the developers and Deep Silver is the publisher. Distributed by Square Enix. It looks like the game had originally been planned to be released in 2008, but was delayed. It could be that they put a lot of money into the development process while not leaving as much as they wanted for marketing.

Star wars kinect got a big boost from the newegg sale and the custom console. I bet most are from the custom console.

Allfreedom99 said:
pezus said:
Seece said:
Mad55 said:
Man where is dead island

I can't see it putting in decent numbers unfortunately

Yeah, they definitely haven't released enough info about it. I know almost nothing about the game except that it's a zombie fps/rpg.

It looks like it could be a great game. If they would get more advertising out Im sure they would see more pre orders coming in. Could be that they just didnt budget much into the marketing campaign. Techland are the developers and Deep Silver is the publisher. Distributed by Square Enix. It looks like the game had originally been planned to be released in 2008, but was delayed. It could be that they put a lot of money into the development process while not leaving as much as they wanted for marketing.

damn, well hopefully it can at least make it on the list before it launches.

ttcacacaca said:
I predict that uncharted 3 will finish with 445k preorders in america and do 1.1 million WW first week:)

Yeah pretty much I think it should do 510k preorders and 1.45 million the first week. And 2.5-4million by years end

Around the Network

What I find most interesting about this thread, is that Modern Warfare 3 will sell 10 Million units in a single Week.

Carl2291 said:
What I find most interesting about this thread, is that Modern Warfare 3 will sell 10 Million units in a single Week.

I know. Well I just realised pre orders mean nothing. I get MW3 because there is no doubt that it can do a 12 million in a week (MW2 did 8.4 million) and that BF3 will die agasint it in sales. I know how Uncharted 2 barely had any preorders than had a 188% jump to the next week. And Batman did the same. Also how Fable 3 looked like it was gonna outsell MW2 on the PS3 but failed to do even come close to it. So I don't really care about these pre order shit now. Sorry if I caused any one any trouble I was just high and upset about other things and I took my anger out on here. :P

Nothing but shooters

dsage01 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know. Well I just realised pre orders mean nothing. I get MW3 because there is no doubt that it can do a 12 million in a week (MW2 did 8.4 million) and that BF3 will die agasint it in sales. I know how Uncharted 2 barely had any preorders than had a 188% jump to the next week. And Batman did the same. Also how Fable 3 looked like it was gonna outsell MW2 on the PS3 but failed to do even come close to it. So I don't really care about these pre order shit now. Sorry if I caused any one any trouble I was just high and upset about other things and I took my anger out on here. :P

You do realise Fable and COD crowd are completely different right??? COD crowd for the most part are casuals in themselves, they don't typically pre order, that's why its pre orders are a lower ratio to week 1 sales vs a game like Fable. Why don't you get that?

Seece said:
dsage01 said:
Carl2291 said:

You do realise Fable and COD crowd are completely different right??? COD crowd for the most part are casuals in themselves, they don't typically pre order, that's why its pre orders are a lower ratio to week 1 sales vs a game like Fable. Why don't you get that?

Ummm I got that now? Anyways I know games like Uncharted, Call of Duty, a bit Halo and Batman are more casual. The only thing that I think is really WTF now Assassin's Creed Revelations. There is no way that there is that big of a difference in preorders. Impossible