Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
None that are very good and most are pretty old

At least 6 of the ones I listed could be considered as very good.

and why is it bad that they're old ? lol
It's actually better, since they should be pretty cheap by now.

as in could be in an alternate reality, because they aren't good or considered so 

Sales, critics and gamers disagree with you

Risen

Divinity 2

Lost Odyssey 

Blue Dragon

MagnaCarta 2

The Last Remnant

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

all sold and scored fairly poorly, fable is advertised to hell and MS bribes the reviewers, mass effect is the only good game listed, well lost odyssey is okay but it's really dated 

And I'll say it again. None of the games I listed are bad.  Lost Oddyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon have great review scores. Most of the others are still good. (Good does NOT start with a 8.0, much earlier).

Don't make such accusations about Microsoft without proof or you won't last long.

Good starts with 8 for big name, hyped and MS games, since reviewers are always "nice" and "generous" with their scores and tales of ves isn't even exclusive and way to cut down your 6 good games to 4, things are going in the right direction 

Good is not the same as great. Read my post again.

I didn't cut cut down anything. I said that 3 of them are great games (plus Mass Effect and both Fables). The rest is still good obviously.

I listed Tales of Vesperia, because it's exclusive in the Western world, which on this site and especially in the OP's case matters most.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Black_Scurge said:
Libara said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:

as in could be in an alternate reality, because they aren't good or considered so 

Risen

Divinity 2

Lost Odyssey 

Blue Dragon

MagnaCarta 2

The Last Remnant

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

all sold and scored fairly poorly, fable is advertised to hell and MS bribes the reviewers, mass effect is the only good game listed, well lost odyssey is okay but it's really dated 

lol your credibility just died with that.

Lost Odyssey sits on metacritic at 78 with majority of reviews 80 or above, didn't know that was considered poor.

lol you trust metacritic, besides any MS exclusive gets bribed scores and like I said it's dated good 5 years ago doesn't mean good now 

You can't be serious.  So if a game is more than 5 years old it must be "dated" and "bad" huh.  Well then I guess that means games like

Final Fantasy 1 - 12

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

All the Jak and Daxter games

All the old Ratchet games

Halo 1 and 2

All the old Zelda games

All the old Mario games

and thousands of other quality titles must suck now then right?  I see what you're doing and that's trying to flame the 360's lineup and that's fine you have a right to I guess but at least try and use quality posts or facts to back up your claims.  Saying stuff like MS bribes all reviewers (which there is litteraly ZERO evidence of) and all older games aren't good now is just rediculous.

I didn't say that... some games stand the test of time, others you look back at and think why the hell did I think this was fun, lost odysessy is one of the latter

Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:

Risen

Divinity 2

Lost Odyssey 

Blue Dragon

MagnaCarta 2

The Last Remnant

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

And I'll say it again. None of the games I listed are bad.  Lost Oddyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon have great review scores. Most of the others are still good. (Good does NOT start with a 8.0, much earlier).

Don't make such accusations about Microsoft without proof or you won't last long.

Good starts with 8 for big name, hyped and MS games, since reviewers are always "nice" and "generous" with their scores and tales of ves isn't even exclusive and way to cut down your 6 good games to 4, things are going in the right direction 

I didn't cut cut down anything. I said that 3 of them are great games (plus Mass Effect and both Fables). The rest is still good obviously.

I listed Tales of Vesperia, because it's exclusive in the Western world, which on this site and especially in the OP's case matters most.

Wait...The Fable franchise is great? eh. Can't knock down an opinion I guess.

Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:
Black_Scurge said:

Risen

Divinity 2

Lost Odyssey 

Blue Dragon

MagnaCarta 2

The Last Remnant

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

Counting a series more then once, that's pretty low, especially since fable 3 is abysmal, and again yes GOOD starts at 8 for big name, hyped and MS games, since reviewers are always "nice" and "generous" with their scores for whatever reason (reason is obvious)

Simply put Lost Odyssey is the best JRPG the 360 has. Mass Effect 1 is the best WRPG the best the 360 has until possibly the Witcher 2 comes out. Of course outside of Lost Odyssey all those games can be played on other platforms. If you prefer a console version (like i do) just play it on the 360.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Simply put Lost Odyssey is the best JRPG the 360 has. Mass Effect 1 is the best WRPG the best the 360 has until possibly the Witcher 2 comes out. Of course outside of Lost Odyssey all those games can be played on other platforms. If you prefer a console version (like i do) just play it on the 360.

I assume you are talking about ones that are not on ps3, since there are better multiplats then lost odyssey and arguably better wrpgs then ME1, and ME1 is on pc so you can't be talking exclusive

Black_Scurge said:
Barozi said:

Counting a series more then once, that's pretty low, especially since fable 3 is abysmal, and again yes GOOD starts at 8 for big name, hyped and MS games, since reviewers are always "nice" and "generous" with their scores for whatever reason (reason is obvious)

1. I didn't count series, I counted games.
2. GOOD never starts at 8, Microsoft's games just like any other publisher or developer are NOT excluded from this.
3. This thread is not about discussing what RPGs are good and which aren't. When you come back, don't reply if you don't have anything relevant to say that has a connection to the OP or thread title.

This is going to all members. Stop derailing the thread.

coolbeans said:
pbroy said:
Congrats on getting a free 360. Where did you get that deal? Is it the student deal?

I know of some games that you might like. Will make a list when I have a chance.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/DisplayHomePage?WT.mc_id=pointitsem_US_Google_5-PC-PROMO-XBOX__generic_anXbox&wt.medium=cpc&wt.content=kMRuzBBf&WT.srch=1&wt.term=buy+a+laptop+get+a+xbox&wt.source=google&wt.campaign=5+-+PCs+-+PROMO+-+Free+Xbox

Don't think it's only a student deal.

You need an edu email.. Students get those.. ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Barozi said:
Michael-5 said:
Barozi said:

WRPG:
Fable 2/3
Mass Effect
Risen (US version is superior)
Divinity 2

JRPG:
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
MagnaCarta 2
The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery

Edit: should be complete now (not counting some unknown Japanese only RPGs)

Also Too Human, Record of Agarest War 1, and Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Everything bolded are the games I consider to be the best of the generation. If you're really into JRPG's, I strongly recommend Lost Odyssey as it's the best JRPG this gen to date (even has the best metascore I believe)

D'oh another one I forgot. And I freakin loved that game.
Star Ocean isn't exlcusive anymore. Record of Agarest War... could be Western exlcusive or something (not sure), but I don't know if I would add that. I mean you can of course :)

@lewisgerm

I accept your opinion, but please don't say that somebody is wrong in thinking that another RPG might be better than Eternal Sonata. It's good and I'd personally put it above Risen, Divinity 2, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant and maaaaybe MagnaCarta 2, but that's it.

Record of Agarest War is a Japanese Strategy RPG. One of the few 360 JRPG's to be localized in Americas.

Also, is Star Ocean International released in all regions?

Too Human is also extremely under rated. My non RPG fans love the game.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Thanx for all the suggestions, i loved mass effect 1 & 2 on PC lol so not buying that on 360 and will by 3 on PC also, disappointed that there is not much in terms of RPGs on 360 what about some good action games, i am a big fan of God of War anything like that?