By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hypocrisy of the Nintendo haters.

Browsing on different game sights, I notice that a lot of "core gamers" saying that all Nintendo does is make rehashes of the same games and create new ways to play them. Then they would pee in their pants over the next shooter in a series. Games like COD, grand theft auto, or gears of war. Sony is releasing a beta of uncharted Drake. That is 3 in one gen. At that rate there will be more Drake's than Zelda's in three gens. Also, isn't there another Bio Shock coming? Talk about being a hypocrite! These people are haters more than core gamers.

Around the Network

I think the point is that games like Uncharted and Bioshock are new IPs this gen whereas Nintendo are relying on 25 year old ip and not really coming up with anything new that appeals to the core. Games like Xenosaga, TLS and Pandora's Tower are new and targeted at "core" gamers but Nintendo don't seem to want to push these titles.

All those games are good, though.

Cunning_Linguist said:
I think the point is that games like Uncharted and Bioshock are new IPs this gen whereas Nintendo are relying on 25 year old ip and not really coming up with anything new that appeals to the core. Games like Xenosaga, TLS and Pandora's Tower are new and targeted at "core" gamers but Nintendo don't seem to want to push these titles.

They won't be new at the rate they are being rehashed. But I'm not just talking about Drake and Bio Shock. Grand Theft Auto and Call Of Duty aren't new but I don't see the "core" complaining about them. At one point it seemed like there was GTA every other year. Yet no one criticized Rockstar. And there are plenty of other older IP's that you can say this about.

Yes, hypocrisy at its finest... Sequels are fine as long as they are quality sequels, that's why we dont complain about multiple marios and zeldas, and so other people dont complain about their CODs, uncharteds, gran turismos and so... A quality title is a quality title no matter what number is next to its name...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

I never why people think think all series like Mario and Zelda are rehashed. Excluding ports/remakes, the Game and Watch title and the CD-i atrocities, I count that there have been 14 Zelda games, released across a 25 year period. That seems completely fine to me.

CoD however, if one excludes the standalone zombie titles, there have been 9 CoD games (1-4, WaW, MW2, BO, Mobilised and RtV). All of this has happened since 2003. And don't even get me started on the Hero series...

The difference is all those are new IPs and Sony comes up with new blockbuster IPs every gen, where Nintendo constantly relays on Mario, Zelda, pokemon and occasional donkey kong for the last 30 years

Cunning_Linguist said:

TLS and Xenoblade both got huge promotions in Japan. By Nintendo, do you mean Nintendo of America?

I say it is on both sides, but yes in general people do seem to dislike Nintendo for using Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, etc. regardless of the quality of the franchise. Comment relating to both sides: I seen Nintendo fans bash Sony for not having any solid franchise outside of Gran Tusimo.

Everyone should look at the quality, and the effort that was put into the game. That is why I think Microsoft fans are generally the best. Given Microsoft first party seems pretty meh these days.

IamAwsome said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

TLS and Xenoblade both got huge promotions in Japan. By Nintendo, do you mean Nintendo of America?

Yeah I should be more specific.  NoA seem to have taken the approach that if a game is not an extablished series then its not worth it at all.  

NoE have picked up these games and I commend them for it, but they aren't exactly shouting about it. Xenoblade realeases in a month yet the only Wii ads on UK tv are for yet another party game. Can't even buy it from Amazon or Play.com.