By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hypocrisy of the Nintendo haters.

Nintendo will always have some form of haters and we will just have to live with it.

Around the Network
geddesmond2 said:
seiya19 said:
geddesmond2 said:
seiya19 said:
geddesmond2 said:
seiya19 said:
geddesmond2 said:
Aquietguy said:

I'll tell you whats arogant. Its arogant when someone won't accept another persons opinion. I ain't saying things to get people to agree with me. I'm saying things to show were I stand which was the main point of this thread wasn't it. Whats hardcore to you definitley ain't hardcore to me. Unfortunatley the main question in this thread was addressed to the hardcore PS3/XBOX 360 fans which is the catagory I fall into. As you said everyone has there own definitions of hardcore which is probably why your over there in the Nintendo camp and I'm here in the Sony camp.

And you still didn't get me... Ok, let's try this one more time.

I have no problem whatsoever with someone disliking Mario, Zelda, Wii, Nintendo in general or any other game that I like. These are all perfectly valid opinions and I respect them, just like I want others to respect mine.

But, claiming that Nintendo hasn't created new IPs this gen, that they're all about Mario/Zelda/Pokémon/etc "rehashes" and nothing more or that all Mario games are the same are not opinions, but statements that are easily able to be proven true or false by factual evidence. And as I've already showed in my posts, all of them are absolutely false. It's either ignorance or trolling, nothing more than that. You can't just ignore facts with the excuse of being an "opinion".

Here's an example:

"Nintendo hasn't created new IPs this gen" is completely false.

"Nintendo hasn't created new IPs this gen that I care about" is a perfectly valid opinion.

And if you claim that you dislike Nintendo because they make too many sequels and then you talk about how great the latest Metal Gear/Final Fantasy/Devil May Cry/Call of Duty/GTA/etc are, then you're being a hypocrite. If you don't like Nintendo games but you do like other sequels that's fine, just don't use that excuse to try to "prove" your opinion. Is this really that hard to do ?

The topic here was about these kind of hypocritical comments, not about why don't you/others don't like Nintendo. In fact, you could still dislike Nintendo entirely and realize the hypocrisy of these comments. These things are not mutually-exclusive, and there's a difference between disliking or ignoring Nintendo (or anyone else) and hating them.

And no, I'm not in the "Nintendo camp" because I have a different definition of "hardcore" than you, because as i already told you earlier, I have no definition of "hardcore". The only reason I even use these ridiculous labels is to communicate with those that do use them, and the only way I have an idea of what qualifies as one or the other is by seeing how others use them. Like how most people treat FPS games as "hardcore" and the so called "party" games as "casual".

The main reason why I'm a Nintendo fan is because I believe they have created many of the best games I've ever played, and they still keep doing it, no matter the label you use to describe them. In addition, I tend to agree with many of their principles, such as their focus on games instead of multimedia capabilities, their continuous efforts to create new ways to play games (with old or new IPs), etc. Also, as i generally prefer Japanese games over Western ones, they're also closer to my taste this way.

But hey, here's an idea. Why don't you give me your definition of "hardcore" so that I can understand which games exactly fit your classification ? You already said you were interested in Donkey Kong Country Returns and The Last Story, so there's a start. And yes, I realize that you surely don't like every "hardcore" game, but I'm wondering how many Nintendo/Sony games fit your classification.

WiseOwl said:
Nintendo will always have some form of haters and we will just have to live with it.

Yes, of course. It seems success always brings some hate with it, no matter the case. And there's obviously Microsoft/Sony "haters" too. Still, what makes every case different is the motivations and opinions/reasons behind them. And this whole "hardcore"/"casual" divide has made Nintendo a common target for these self-proclaimed "hardcore" gamers (sometimes appearing on the gaming press...), which obviously doesn't help things.

Personally, I'm just bother by the constant misinformation and disinformation... Not just by someone that dislikes what I like, as long as they don't try to push it as a fact.

that is soooo true....

Nintendo did create several new DS and Wii franchises this gen, and they sold tens of millions. Their new and old franchises were much more successful than Sony's new franchises.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.