By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Pixar (and Cars 2 sucked!)

Tagged games:

i only know pixar for there work on great movies such as toy story 1-3, i have always thought talking Cars was a stupid idea for a movie

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:

LEAVE the DOG OUTTA THIS BRO!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
mehhhhhhh OLD DISNEY IS BEST!

Where are films like Lion King, Pocahontas & Alladin now?!?!?!!?!?12313123

Did you see The Princess and the Frog? I think it was directed by the same guys who did Alladin.

Mr.Y said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Did you see The Princess and the Frog? I think it was directed by the same guys who did Alladin.

Yes and it was better than most of these animated films in recent years....but not as good as Lion King, Alladin or Pocahontas etc

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cars and Up were the only 2 Pixar movies that I thought were sub-par and didn't enjoy as much as the rest of their work. Cars felt too cheap and "commercial", like most CGI kids films that rely on established brands or star power to sell movie tickets. And Up was very uneven and all over the place... went from sad at the beginning to kind of funny but silly in the middle to just completely ridiculous (and a bit unsettling) towards the end.

The thing that worries me about Pixar is that they seem to be coming down with a bad case of the "sequels" as of late. Not knocking them for the TS sequels, which were both as great as the original and deserved to be made, but 2 of their next 3 releases are sequels to existing movies, Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2. The only Pixar film that I think both deserves and warrants a sequel is The Incredibles, because it makes the most sense given the whole superhero theme and the kinda-sorta "cliffhanger" that the movie left off with at the end.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Cars was a really bad movie. Up was only good the first 30 minutes.

However, since Antz was around since almost the start, there have always been very good alternatives from other studios.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed Antz more than A Bug's Life?

darthdevidem01 said:

The last few Disney animated movies worth watching came from the 90's, but there are many classics before that too.

OT: I understand the sequels for Toy Story... but Cars? And Monsters Inc? Give us new story with new designs. I was impressed with Tangled, it had a story linked to fairy tales, and Pixar's next movie Brave their first fairy tale, can't wait!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

darthdevidem01 said:

In a landfill, where they belong (well, expect Lion King, it's awesome)

*came here to praise Toy Story 3*

Well Lewis, you make the comparison of Nintendo's current state with Pixar's latest movie Cars 2. However you then counter that statement by saying how great Nintendo is doing with the newest console the 3DS. Its alittle contradictory don't you think?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer