By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Pixar (and Cars 2 sucked!)

Tagged games:

d21lewis said:
Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed Antz more than A Bug's Life?

No, Antz was the much better movie.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I guess now would be a bad time to say I really enjoyed Cars 1. I'd say Up, Toy Story 3, and The Incredibles round out my Pixar top three (not in that order), though.

I think the making of Cars 2 went like this:
-Exec: Hey, what did fans enjoy most about the movie, Cars?
-Underling: Well, test audiences really enjoyed the character, Mater.
-Exec: Seriously? That retarded tow truck that we threw in there for comic relief? People liked that character?
-Underling: Yes sir. They feel that he gave the movie a heart.
-Exec: But.....he was played by Larry the Cable Guy! Nevermind. It's settled. Begin production on "Cars 2: The Adventures of Mater"!! That Larry the Cable Guy must be some sort of comic genius! His style will NEVER get old!

Five years later:
Points at d21lewis and laughs Ha!!!

LOS ANGELES — Pixar Animation remains undefeated at the box-office races.

The Disney unit's animated sequel "Cars 2" cruised to a No. 1 finish with a $68 million opening weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. That makes 12 wins in a row for Pixar since the company's first feature film, 1995's "Toy Story."

The original "Cars" had a $60.1 million debut in 2006

That is an difference of 8 million bucks or plenty of whores/houses and ferrari's!
Fuck the critics love the money!

Lostplanet22 said:
d21lewis said:
I guess now would be a bad time to say I really enjoyed Cars 1. I'd say Up, Toy Story 3, and The Incredibles round out my Pixar top three (not in that order), though.

I think the making of Cars 2 went like this:
-Exec: Hey, what did fans enjoy most about the movie, Cars?
-Underling: Well, test audiences really enjoyed the character, Mater.
-Exec: Seriously? That retarded tow truck that we threw in there for comic relief? People liked that character?
-Underling: Yes sir. They feel that he gave the movie a heart.
-Exec: But.....he was played by Larry the Cable Guy! Nevermind. It's settled. Begin production on "Cars 2: The Adventures of Mater"!! That Larry the Cable Guy must be some sort of comic genius! His style will NEVER get old!

Five years later:
Points at d21lewis and laughs Ha!!!

LOS ANGELES — Pixar Animation remains undefeated at the box-office races.

The Disney unit's animated sequel "Cars 2" cruised to a No. 1 finish with a $68 million opening weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. That makes 12 wins in a row for Pixar since the company's first feature film, 1995's "Toy Story."

The original "Cars" had a $60.1 million debut in 2006

That is an difference of 8 million bucks or plenty of whores/houses and ferrari's!
Fuck the critics love the money!

Oh, there was no way this movie wasn't going to be number 1.  Nobody ever doubted that.  It's just that it's the sole blemish on Pixar's track record.  Plus, the guy shot himself before the box office returns came in!

Talking about Brave before (you all missed it :P), teaser trailer was released yesterday online... and it's great. Like I said previously, can't wait!

Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In “Brave,” a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.

Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane). Merida’s actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch (voice of Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it’s too late.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

d21lewis said:
Khuutra said:
d21lewis said:

In a many ways, they've been surpassed by the upstarts. They're still the best there is in their respective fields but the gap isn't what it used to be.

Listen, Tangled was fantastic but Toy Story 3 was something else altogether. They're allowed their stumbles. For every Cars we get like three Ups.

Toy Story 3 is the greatest movie in the history of cinema.  That can't be denied--but look at films like How To Train A Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Rango, and such.  I bet Pixar would have LOVED to have their names on the credits of Rango.  Heck, Shrek 2 even gave me chills at the time (it wasn't as timeless as a Pixar movie, though).  Before, Pixar stood alone.  Now, they have to share their spot at the top.  And on a technical level, I'd put Kung Fu Panda 2 above and beyond ANYTHING Pixar has ever produced.  That film was just amazing to look at in 3D.

--Just like how Nintendo has been surpassed in certain areas.  I still think of them as the best in the business but there are other companies that seem to have reached their level of awesomness.

Contradiction: by d12lewis

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
Dv8thwonder said:
n
d21lewis said:
Khuutra said:
d21lewis said:

In a many ways, they've been surpassed by the upstarts. They're still the best there is in their respective fields but the gap isn't what it used to be.

Listen, Tangled was fantastic but Toy Story 3 was something else altogether. They're allowed their stumbles. For every Cars we get like three Ups.

Toy Story 3 is the greatest movie in the history of cinema.  That can't be denied--but look at films like How To Train A Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Rango, and such.  I bet Pixar would have LOVED to have their names on the credits of Rango.  Heck, Shrek 2 even gave me chills at the time (it wasn't as timeless as a Pixar movie, though).  Before, Pixar stood alone.  Now, they have to share their spot at the top.  And on a technical level, I'd put Kung Fu Panda 2 above and beyond ANYTHING Pixar has ever produced.  That film was just amazing to look at in 3D.

--Just like how Nintendo has been surpassed in certain areas.  I still think of them as the best in the business but there are other companies that seem to have reached their level of awesomness.

Contradiction: by d12lewis

How did you know about my new cologne?  Contradiction by d21lewiis doesn't come out until next May!

Oh, and I meant that Kung Fu Panda 2 was better visually than anything from Pixar.  That's why I said "on a technical level".  Kinda like how Killzone looks better than Mario Galaxy but Mario is the better game.  Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Roger Ebert gave Cars 2 3.5 stars. So not all critics hated it. Of course he also gave thumbs up to Cop and a Half years ago!