By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Pixar (and Cars 2 sucked!)

Tagged games:

I just got home from seeing Cars 2 and boy did that movie suck!! I figured the critics were just hating because Pixar can do no wrong.  I was wrong.  Pixar, like Nintendo, are probably the oldest and most respected players in their particular categories.  Because of this, they've garnered a lot fans.  Many for the consistent quality of their product.  Many, because of the name.  Well, in the world of movies and games, the "second stringers" have caught up with the leader.  In a many ways, they've been surpassed by the upstarts. They're still the best there is in their respective fields but the gap isn't what it used to be.

On another note, I just bought a 3DS and Zelda OoT.  I haven't tried Zelda yet but the 3DS hardware has blown me away!!  It's much more impressive in my hands than it was with those Pilot Wings/Street Fighter 4 demos that I've played in stores.  It was money well spent!

Around the Network

I heard it wasnt very good, and what you say is pretty true. They hang on Pixars jock like they can do no wrong!!!

But that Japanese song that was played in that Japanese club was awesome, right? POLY RIZUMU!

Take a look at my photos on flickr

lol very good comparison and i also heard that the movie disappointed. and yea the 3ds is pretty impressive.

cars is the only movie from pixar that i really didn´t like, it was boring for me, and i´m not excited for this one... i´ll go see it but with very low expectations.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Around the Network
dano said:
cars is the only movie from pixar that i really didn´t like, it was boring for me, and i´m not excited for this one... i´ll go see it but with very low expectations.

Lower them.

d21lewis said:
dano said:

Lower them.

Lower they are now sir.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Personally, I realized Pixar could do 'wrong' when I watched the original Cars.

But Toy Story 3 made everything right again.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
d21lewis said:

In a many ways, they've been surpassed by the upstarts. They're still the best there is in their respective fields but the gap isn't what it used to be.

Listen, Tangled was fantastic but Toy Story 3 was something else altogether. They're allowed their stumbles. For every Cars we get like three Ups.

Khuutra said:
d21lewis said:

In a many ways, they've been surpassed by the upstarts. They're still the best there is in their respective fields but the gap isn't what it used to be.

Listen, Tangled was fantastic but Toy Story 3 was something else altogether. They're allowed their stumbles. For every Cars we get like three Ups.

Toy Story 3 is the greatest movie in the history of cinema.  That can't be denied--but look at films like How To Train A Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Rango, and such.  I bet Pixar would have LOVED to have their names on the credits of Rango.  Heck, Shrek 2 even gave me chills at the time (it wasn't as timeless as a Pixar movie, though).  Before, Pixar stood alone.  Now, they have to share their spot at the top.  And on a technical level, I'd put Kung Fu Panda 2 above and beyond ANYTHING Pixar has ever produced.  That film was just amazing to look at in 3D.

--Just like how Nintendo has been surpassed in certain areas.  I still think of them as the best in the business but there are other companies that seem to have reached their level of awesomness.