By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Pixar (and Cars 2 sucked!)

Tagged games:

oniyide said:
d21lewis said:
Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed Antz more than A Bug's Life?

no, no your not

Never saw antz, but cant imagine it being any more boring than bugs life.

Around the Network

Cars seems to have a very childish concept, that's why i didn't bother to see the 1st one

Toy Story 3 was a masterpiece, best selling movie of 2010 WW (2nd was Alice in Wonderland)

I mean Nintendo rules, but some of their games looks great to some other audience, my brother likes Cars 2 and many kids on his age like it, maybe Cars 2 was meant to appeal to us, who knows, also, Tangled was awesome! : )

another comparison, Disney used to be the one and only King of animation movies, but Ice Age/Rio creators and DreamWorks are really good lately

3DS rules btw : __

thread is stupid but anyway.....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Even the Lewis Hamilton bit?

Cars 1 sucked too.

After the word of mouth gets out how bad cars 2 is the theaters will be cold and dark with nothing but sand and a couple of lincoln logs!

Around the Network
slipknotfan said:
After the word of mouth gets out how bad cars 2 is the theaters will be cold and dark with nothing but sand and a couple of lincoln logs!

Ehhh, I don't think those were Lincoln Logs!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
slipknotfan said:

Ehhh, I don't think those were Lincoln Logs!

LOL classic!

darthdevidem01 said:
mehhhhhhh OLD DISNEY IS BEST!

Where are films like Lion King, Pocahontas & Alladin now?!?!?!!?!?12313123

Probably not of your tastes, but I found The Little Mermaid one of the best Disney Classics and one of the finest cartoon movies ever created. Sadly, the real final is not there.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm not surprised by Cars 2 not being too good. Disney did force Pixar to do a sequel after all, something they normally don't do, besides Toy Story. Even then them forced them to make Toy Story 3 and to make Incredibles 2. I'm sure Pixar is going to still try to make the movies great even if they could be doing something else, but I don't think this movie would have ever happened if Disney had not bought Pixar way back when... I'm still going to see it though.

Also, congratz on your 3DS purchase. Good thing you didn't get it before the big updates or you might have been disappointed.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Cars (starting with 1) always seemed like the Black Sheep of the Pixar bunch. Nothing wrong per se with Dreamworks' films (Shrek, Shark Tale, Kung Fu Panda, etc) but Dreamworks puts a lot of money and marketing on the big names that voiced their characters, and not necessarily the stories they told. Cars (1 and 2) does this too, with Larry the Cable Guy, Owen Wilson, and Michael Caine as the big selling points... along with racing cars and explosions in the trailer.

Not to say that Dreamworks films are bad, as How to Train Your Dragon was a fantastic film, and I've wholly enjoyed both Kung Fu Panda movies. It's just that I've enjoyed Pixar films moreso... as films like Up, The Incredibles, and Toy Story 3 are masterpieces. Dreamworks is getting better though... although with Cars 2 and Shrek Forever After, both have had their recent hiccups.

@DoobieWop

And now I know you're crazy.