By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Zombieland vs Shaun of the Dead

Both are very good movies.

Honestly I can't choose as I find them very different. Shaun is funnier and the characters are so crazy that you end loving them, but I see it more like a parody of the zombie movies than a movie by itself. Zombieland, on the other hand, brings new things and feels more like a movie by itself, but is not as funny.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Theres also Return of the Living Dead, a great zombie horror comedy. The sequels were pretty bad but the original was awesome. Linnea Quigley in the graveyard dancing is one scene that will always stick in my mind!!!!!

I love both of 'em, but I'll go with Zombieland. It's a thoughtless gore-fest compared to Shaun of the Dead (they're both not that gory) and I like that more in zombie movies.

A harder question would be Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I notice you didnt say a harder question would be Hot Fuzz. Shaun of the Dead or Paul! LOL. I havent seen Paul yet so I cant compare it to the other two films but from what I heard it was nowhere near as good.

Easy. Shaun of the Dead.

Zombieland is still a great movie though.

Why didn't you add a poll btw. ?

Around the Network
slipknotfan said:

I notice you didnt say a harder question would be Hot Fuzz. Shaun of the Dead or Paul! LOL. I havent seen Paul yet so I cant compare it to the other two films but from what I heard it was nowhere near as good.

I didn't say Paul because I figured not as many people have seen it. :P

I haven't.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Wait, Shaun of the Dead was supposed to be funny?

But seriously, Shaun of the Dead is the most over-rated, over-hyped piece of garbage movie out there.

Zombieland had Woody, nuff said.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I was down with Zombieland right up until they killed off Bill Murray in the movie, and then it kinda went downhill for me. The ending was very anticlimactic, and that Michael Cera wannabe was even more annoying and dorky than the real Michael Cera.

Shaun of the Dead wasn't AS funny as all my friends made it out to be, but i still enjoyed it and found some parts pretty hilarious.

Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is still the funniest zombie movie for me though.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Easily Zombieland. Through shawn of the dead I sat there wondering , "why do so many people think this is funny? " it is very average.

Barozi said:

Easy. Shaun of the Dead.

Zombieland is still a great movie though.

Why didn't you add a poll btw. ?

Your right, I should have put a poll. I'm new at this stuff so I would have had to figure out how to do one first. By my last count Shaun is winning by a bunch!