By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Zombieland vs Shaun of the Dead

I am surprised more people picked Shaun of the Dead. I could barely laugh during that movie. Sure there were a few scenes in it that were funny but most of the movie I was just sitting there staring wondering how anyone would laugh at their lame jokes. Maybe I should have smoked weed then I'd maybe laugh a few more times.   After watching Hot Fuzz I couldn't really stand the main actors.  Hot Fuzz is a pile of hot shit.

Zombieland wasn't that funny either except the Bill Murray part when he was dying. I'd give Zombieland a 4/5 and Shaun of the Dead at the most 3/5 Netflix rating.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I've seen/loved Zombieland but I've never seen Shaun of the Dead. If it's as good as you guys are making it out to be, I'm going to have to order it on Netflix.

It only met the humor levels of laughing a few times for me.  I think some people just have more of a corny humor which allows them to think things are funny when they barely are to me or not at all.  I am not the most demanding when it comes to making me laugh but you can't have half ass shitty jokes and expect me to laugh.  I suppose you'll probably enjoy it but don't expect to laugh the entire time.  I think I laughed about 4-5 times during Shaun of the Dead.  However, this is from a person that saw Napoleon Dynamite before it was released nationally in theaters and only laughing 1-2 times during that movie (and they were more pity laughs than anything).  I think I laughed more from Toy Story 3 than both those movies combined.

Both are great but....

Bill Murray.

Enough said

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

sethnintendo said:
d21lewis said:
I've seen/loved Zombieland but I've never seen Shaun of the Dead. If it's as good as you guys are making it out to be, I'm going to have to order it on Netflix.

It only met the humor levels of laughing a few times for me.  I think some people just have more of a corny humor which allows them to think things are funny when they barely are to me or not at all.  I am not the most demanding when it comes to making me laugh but you can't have half ass shitty jokes and expect me to laugh.  I suppose you'll probably enjoy it but don't expect to laugh the entire time.  I think I laughed about 4-5 times during Shaun of the Dead.  However, this is from a person that saw Napoleon Dynamite before it was released nationally in theaters and only laughing 1-2 times during that movie (and they were more pity laughs than anything).  I think I laughed more from Toy Story 3 than both those movies combined.

You are not alone on the Napolean Dynamite. I think I only laughed once or twice that entire movie too. Did I think it was a horrible movie. No. I thought it was interesting in its weird way but didnt find it funny at all.