By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz hates Ocarina of Time 3D

Acevil said:

I assume that is a problem, but honestly Carl, if it starts spiking for some games such as this, you should take action. The biggest problem for Metacritic User Review Wars is that no one took action, and it just caught on fire. If you don't deal with such issues now, it can really catch on fire. I know this is extreme case, but no one wants a repeat of the Fable 2 Vs LBP war.  Which later effected other titles like Resistance 2 and gears of war 2. 

I'm not saying it isn't a problem... I'm just saying if you're gonna do it you have to do it in a fair way. Or get a team of people (Aside from the new mods) who mod the game database all the time.

Don't just do it for one game. Go back and do it for all the other major games. And don't just single out the people who give the game a low score neither. It's like Yo_john's rating game. People were whining over that when Marco gave a low score... But nothing was said to people simply saying "10" or whatever. I think it would be silly to have double standards.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
ioi said:
Looks like some people will be getting banned...

Everyone in this thread who called somebody a troll?

or

People who gave a videogame a bad score?

or

People who countered the bad scores, with auto 10's?

I think he's just kidding, like when he said "someone is getting fired" after thekitchensink gave OoT a 9.2.

And I'm with KylieDog, it's stupid that people throw a tantrum if someone is shamelessly trying to bring down the score of a game they haven't played, but when someone is shamelessly trying to bring up the score of a game, no one says a word.

Ahh the boss is here!! put on a happy face and show your angel sides everybody! :S

anybody want a Pepsi? I'm going to get some...

that reminds me i also need to add OoT 3Ds to my game collection. i wish people would be more mature and not rate a game that they do not own just because they are a fan of certain company.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

TomaTito said:
Boutros said:
That's why I miss seeing who rates what.
d21lewis said:
I thought you had to own a game to be able to rate it. I also thought there was a way to see who owns which game. 

When was that feature removed? From 2.0 to 3.0? It's something a stalker like myself liked to use; see who owns what and when (and from where). Sometimes it also felt good being the first to own something (was one of first to own ioi xD). Is VGChartz protecting the users from themselves? Being out in the open should help keep people in line, big brother is watching you.

PS: Another feature I miss more is the User Galleries we used to have... are the pictures and images gone forever? :|

It was available in the version of VGC right before the arrival of gamrconnect a couple of years ago. It's been missing ever since.

Ninpanda said:
Carl2291 said:
ioi said:
Looks like some people will be getting banned...

Everyone in this thread who called somebody a troll?

or

People who gave a videogame a bad score?

or

People who countered the bad scores, with auto 10's?

I think he's just kidding, like when he said "someone is getting fired" after thekitchensink gave OoT a 9.2.

And I'm with KylieDog, it's stupid that people throw a tantrum if someone is shamelessly trying to bring down the score of a game they haven't played, but when someone is shamelessly trying to bring up the score of a game, no one says a word.

It is a problem, but I think one is more of a problem. Giving they should both really play the game. 

Around the Network

Does Ocarina of Time stand up to todays gaming standards?

What I mean is, if this game came out today and was not a remake of the so called "Greatest game of all time" would it be getting high 9's across the board?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Roma said:
Ahh the boss is here!! put on a happy face and show your angel sides everybody! :S

Look busy.

On Topic, I'd argue to each their own but like most 'anonymous' polls results are never to that trusted. I'd rate the game as about an 8. It's good, no doubt there. Legendary in it's status but having only played the Gamecube version and never having completed it, I have no judgement on this new 3DS version.

Hmm, pie.

The game is overhyped as hell, so I don't really care if it doesn't have just 9s and 10s.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Boutros said:
That's why I miss seeing who rates what.

This.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Does Ocarina of Time stand up to todays gaming standards?

What I mean is, if this game came out today and was not a remake of the so called "Greatest game of all time" would it be getting high 9's across the board?

Well I never played the original and this is my second attempt at a 3D Zelda (the first being TP which took a few years to really draw me in) and I'm instantly enthralled with the game and currently feel it deserves 9.2-9.3. The highest scores I give for amazing games range from 9.1 to 9.5 with only two games ever getting higher than 9.5 from me (though none have got higher than 9.7). I'm about 5 hours in and am charging my 3DS for my next long session while I continue Dragon Age

A game can still be fun but if it does not meet the standards I believe it should be docked. Nostalgia should not be factored into a score. I know in your case it is no nostaligia.

I say this because we have seen games released that were fine games, some of them being better than some higher rated ones, however they were docked points due to not being fresh, not raising the bar, etc... meanwhile here is Ocarina of Time getting a free pass.

I am a big time Zelda fanboy by the way but I want to see some more consistency. Nostalgia did not help the Duke at all and rightly so. The same should be applied here.

However, after the backlash of the 8.8/10 for Twilight Princess I wouldn't want to face the Nintendo fan wrath either.

I think Gamespot was generous with that 8.8/10 too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!