By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz hates Ocarina of Time 3D

What it really comes down to is that people are upset that, after 13 years, it's still considered one of the absolute best games of all time, and it still pulls better scores now on GameRankings and Metacritic than their favourite modern games.

They can't accept that it just ages well.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

so a couple trolls gave your precious game a 7, does it really offend your being that much??Does it kill your enjoyment of the game? If it does then those people have some issues. FYI, i think a 7 is too low of a score for this game, but im not going to trip. But a perfect ten for a 13 year old game, is just as ludicrous. And the HD collections?? Those are collections, your simply getting more bang for your buck, not saying they deserve better scores

oniyide said:
so a couple trolls gave your precious game a 7 zero

oniyide said:
so a couple trolls gave your precious game a 7, does it really offend your being that much??Does it kill your enjoyment of the game? If it does then those people have some issues. FYI, i think a 7 is too low of a score for this game, but im not going to trip. But a perfect ten for a 13 year old game, is just as ludicrous. And the HD collections?? Those are collections, your simply getting more bang for your buck, not saying they deserve better scores

First, it is zeros they give, not 7s.

Second, I thought about it, and I think I know why people (including me) are irritated by others giving zeros to any game without having played it (often without even owning the system) but not being irritated by people giving to a game 10 without having played it. It is actually very simple, and doesn't have much to do with double standards, contrary to what is implied by some people here- such zeros (and 1s) for any game are usually (though of course not always) given out of one of the following - spite, the wish to hurt, the wish to wreck, dislike, even hate - whatever it is, it is a negative emotion. Any 10s that are given by people who have not played a game are given out of pride, the wish to do good - whatever it is, misguided as it may be, it is not a negative emotion turned at them.

Hence most people generally (for any game) feel bad about unqualified zeros but do not feel anywhere near as bad about unqualified 10s

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Funny that some people who don't own it fancy rating it 0/10 or something but it looks like it's gone up, I will give my vote.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
oniyide said:

First, it is zeros they give, not 7s.

Second, I thought about it, and I think I know why people (including me) are irritated by others giving zeros to any game without having played it (often without even owning the system) but not being irritated by people giving to a game 10 without having played it. It is actually very simple, and doesn't have much to do with double standards, contrary to what is implied by some people here- such zeros (and 1s) for any game are usually (though of course not always) given out of one of the following - spite, the wish to hurt, the wish to wreck, dislike, even hate - whatever it is, it is a negative emotion. Any 10s that are given by people who have not played a game are given out of pride, the wish to do good - whatever it is, misguided as it may be, it is not a negative emotion turned at them.

Hence most people generally (for any game) feel bad about unqualified zeros but do not feel anywhere near as bad about unqualified 10s

yikes, didnt know they were giving zeros, my point still stands. Its people trolling, why let it bother you??? Bunch of games i love got troll scores, but i just brush it off and enjoy the game. YOU know OOT doesnt suck and I know it doesnt suck, thats all there is

Giving a game you don't even own a zero or one is just childish and narrow minded. Do some of these people have no lives because i can't think of a bigger waste of time than scoring something you don't own!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

This is why user reviews are flawed and should never be taken seriously.

Cirio said:
This is why user reviews are flawed and should never be taken seriously.

Same problem is on metacritic as well.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I think there is one legitimate reason to vote something a zero that isn't trolling: if you are voting with the final result in mind and you know math.

You can either vote exactly what you are thinking because you want your voice to be heard and damn the results, or vote with some thought based on how you can affect the final score to best reflect what you feel.

Same thing happens when we vote for GotY on the staff forums, some people just vote with what they think should win regardless of its likelihood to do so (me) and others hang back, count points/votes and try to affect the final result to come as close to what they'd want it to be as possible (Machina). Neither of these is particularly wrong, and

I view it the same for voting on a user score. If all you care about is that the user score gets as close to the number you think the game deserves as possible and you know how averages work I could see someone voting 0 for a game that obviously isn't a zero, but not doing so in an attempt to troll.