By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

-First and foremost Halo is my favorite IP and Gears of War comes second.

-I know about 30 people that own 360's and only 2 that have ps3's.

-I like Xbox Live better because if feels like a community, where as Psn does not imo.

-360 has an awesome collection of XBLA games.

-Party Chat is amazing.

-I prefer the Xbox controller.

That's about it. Both console are amazing for their own reasons. I plan on getting a ps3 this year if there is a $100 price cut because I really want to play the Uncharted series and all Insomniac games.

Around the Network

Well most people I know have a 360 so that is a plus. Really, I think overall PS3 is a better package when you factor in the blu-ray player but I prefer to play 360 games with that controller (which is great) and Xbox Live is just a better online system. That's why for 6 years, I have had no issue paying for it. So Xlive is probably the strongest factor on why I prefer it over PS3.

wii > ps3 > xbox

sweatface7 said:

i want to know what makes yall think 360 is better than ps3.. my buddy and i always debate about this and all he says is cross chat for xbox and stuff.. i dont think that plays any part in why 360 could be better. 

so type yalls reasons why 360 is better or ps3 better than 360.

I don't think either one is necesarily better than the other, in terms of sheer processing power the PS3 is obviously the best, but it doesn't necesarily get utilized as well as the 360. Rather than saying which one is "better" as an absolute, the question should be, "Which one is better for you" For me it was the 360, it interfaces with my PC well, it has the games I am interested in, and the controller is imo the best of the big three...also, at the time of purchase, the 360 was cheaper... and I'm a huge penny pincher.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Shadowblind said:

This thread makes me proud to be a gamer here.

Yeah. It's nice to have a break from the usual piss-guzzling you see.

...now I'm just waiting for the combo breaker.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
pezus said:

Yeah, I think some PS3 games even have dedicated servers (example: Warhawk) and I don't think any 360 games have that. Dedicated = better in most cases

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and Frontlines: Fuel of War support dedicated servers. In Frontlines it reaches up to 50 players.

I miss Killzone 2's dedicated servers...I hope Resistance 3 doesn't scrap them.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

brendude13 said:

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

There isn't much between the two consoles, but as a brand, I despise the XBOX 360. It exists for all the wrong reasons really, Microsoft's greed and smug PR doesn't help either.

...But when it comes to consoles, there isn't much of a difference, just games and controllers, that's it.

The 360 and the PS3 both exist to make money like all consumer electronics. Don't kid yourself that owning a PS3 over a 360 is morally better.

to me xbox is only good if your multiplayer heavy

but playstation is the only console that has every type of gaming genre there is and it doesn't rely on its multiplayer to produce good games when its story mode is enough for a purchase plus the free online is a sweet bonus feature with ps store being better then marketplace and there is more users on psn then xbox live

for me its the perfect console all my mates play it free online better exclusives and not to mention a larger library of games xbox is really good but it lacks any good single player games and there real short on exclusive games these days if you can live without halo then you should get a playstation because there is nothing else on 360 that ps3 doesn't have or does better

One of the reasons I prefer the 360 is because my favorite genre is WRPG and it's the go to console for that genre. Risen, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, and later in the year The Witcher 2 are games you can't get on other consoles.

pezus said:
brendude13 said:
PearlJam said:
Better controller, The PS3 controller is only better for fighters. But if you're serious about fighters, you would play with an arcade stick or a Fighting pad at the minimum. Both have a terrible D-Pad, but that's the only fault I can find with the 360 controller. The PS3 controller is too small, it cramps my hands, and the L1/R1 L2/R2 buttons are a disgrace compared to the 360's trigger/shoulder button combo.

I don't care about Sony's exclusives except for the GT series and GOW, the rest I can do without. My favorite games are usually multiplats, and they're just as good on 360 and if there is a better version it's usually on 360.

I prefer the XBLA selection to the PSN selection.

Xbox Live is superior to PSN in every way. People that think they are the same, are just not very technical people. How can you not notice that it takes longer to find games on PSN? And that you run into way more laggy games far more frequently? I don't know if everyone on PSN is running around with Wi-fi instead of hard-wired, but it certainly seems that way. If you don't notice these things, you have probably never played on a smooth connection and just can't tell the difference.

I like both, but just prefer the 360. And I prefer a good PC over both.

I don't mind you stating your opinion, but what I don't appreciate, is lies.

When it comes to connectivity, PSN = XBL, when it comes to exclusive games I would even say PSN has an ADVANTAGE when it comes to connection speed.

Yeah, I think some PS3 games even have dedicated servers (example: Warhawk) and I don't think any 360 games have that. Dedicated = better in most cases

Wow thanks for backing me up, I was expectinng to get absolutely raped with negative replies for saying that.

I personally believe XBL is overrated, especially when it comes to reliability (even with the recent PSN outage) and connection speed. It does however have a better community, better downloadable games selection and party system / cross game chat, but it isn't enough to justify the substantial charge you have to pay for XBL.