By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

Tony_Stark said:
brendude13 said:
Since this is an XBOX luvin' thread, can you help me decide what games to buy for the XBOX 360 (mostly exclusive).

I got the XBOX 360 slim 250gb extremely cheap and I even have Tales of Vesperia which is very rare and expensive in the EU. I can't really find any reason for me to justify me keeping my XBOX 360, especially after buying it so late, if I sold my XBOX 360 and the games I could buy a Wii and a sexy 32" 1080p TV. I need some good reasons to keep my XBOX 360.

Any recommendations?

What the heack would you need a 1080P TV for if you are getting a Wii? lol

Haha that made me lol, I also have a PS3 to hook up to it though, and no matter how many people tell me I am wrong, I can still see the difference between 720p and 1080p!

Around the Network
Tony_Stark said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tony_Stark said:
brendude13 said:
Since this is an XBOX luvin' thread, can you help me decide what games to buy for the XBOX 360 (mostly exclusive).

I got the XBOX 360 slim 250gb extremely cheap and I even have Tales of Vesperia which is very rare and expensive in the EU. I can't really find any reason for me to justify me keeping my XBOX 360, especially after buying it so late, if I sold my XBOX 360 and the games I could buy a Wii and a sexy 32" 1080p TV. I need some good reasons to keep my XBOX 360.

Any recommendations?

What the heck would you need a 1080P TV for if you are getting a Wii? lol

Maybe he doesn't have an HDTV for his HD consoles or for TV viewing. Higher quality = better, regardless if a game console doesn't output at a native HD resolution.

Yeah...you totally missed the humor in that. Way to be a buzz kill. BTW standard def looks like crap on HDTVs, you obviously have never done it.

It really does look crap, what is up with that?

I don't remember my Dreamcast and PS2 games looking THAT bad.

I love the 360 for its connectivity to other people with Xbox Live. Right now there is barely even a difference in offerings and the lines are being blurred by Sony, to the point where all that matters are games. In that arena Sony wins for sure having variety in first, second and third party. Microsoft depends too much on third party for quality titles.

i use to own both, but i sold one. Right now iam with one of them.

iam happy with it, because they r games coming out for it.

brendude13 said:
Tony_Stark said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tony_Stark said:
brendude13 said:

Any recommendations?

What the heck would you need a 1080P TV for if you are getting a Wii? lol

Maybe he doesn't have an HDTV for his HD consoles or for TV viewing. Higher quality = better, regardless if a game console doesn't output at a native HD resolution.

Yeah...you totally missed the humor in that. Way to be a buzz kill. BTW standard def looks like crap on HDTVs, you obviously have never done it.

Because you can see all the pixles and jaggies and crap that the standard def TVs mask with thier horrible resolution.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Around the Network
Tony_Stark said:
brendude13 said:

Because you can see all the pixles and jaggies and crap that the standard def TVs mask with thier horrible resolution.

I still don't understand how SDTV's manage to mask the poor resolution, shouldn't it look the same on a HDTV?

brendude13 said:
Tony_Stark said:
brendude13 said:

I still don't understand how SDTV's manage to mask the poor resolution, shouldn't it look the same on a HDTV?

I could be talking crap, but if I understand it correctly:

SD consoles can't output enough pixels to match the resolution of an HDTV. However, at the same time, they're set to be full screen, and as such, you can see the pixelations.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
brendude13 said:
Tony_Stark said:
brendude13 said:

I could be talking crap, but if I understand it correctly:

SD consoles can't output enough pixels to match the resolution of an HDTV. However, at the same time, they're set to be full screen, and as such, you can see the pixelations.

So it's the scaling?

brendude13 said:

So it's the scaling?

Pretty much.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
brendude13 said:

So it's the scaling?

Pretty much.

Some HDTV's could probably handle SD very well though, I'll have to look around.