By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

axumblade said:
brendude13 said:
axumblade said:
I'm a PS3 fan but I do prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller for certain games. Specifically shooters and racing games. I also think the Kinect is really fun to be honest. Also, while the PSN has some gems on it (fat princess, flower, etc). XBLA has a lot of titles that are either exclusive to it or take a long time to release on PSN (Castle Crashers being a great example).

Completely the opposite for me, I prefer the PS3 controller for shooters and racing games, but I prefer the XBOX 360 controller for everything else.

I'm amazed that I'm the only one to be honest. xD

I don't know. For me the PS3 controller is perfect for platforming/adventure/action games.

I wouldn't know about Sports games because the only sports games I own to be honest are Wii Sports and Sports Champions....so no real accurate depiction (though I am getting SSX because it looks awesome).

And to be honest, racing games is kind of up in the air. I forgot just how fluidly the controls in Modnation Racers and Burnout Paradise were.

I agree on platforming games too. I don't play sports games either.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
The answer to the question is then and now. The PS3 basically took a couple years after its launch to find some real parity with the 360. A long couple of years where the 360 had more exclusives, a far better price point, and a great many more features. Along with better versions of games, first come, and more variety. The PS3 had a rough couple years so a lot of people made the 360 their console of choice during that time.

True.

pezus said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

Lol I can assure you that is most definitely not the main reason...not even close.

You would be surprised.

It's all about the brand name, Wii U and PS Vita are stupid names, but it's intentional, this stuff sells.

XBOX has a nice ring to it, it's silly but easily recognisable.

Why do so many think PS Vita is a stupid name? I think it sounds very good.

Sounds like a health snack.

I'm calling it Pee Ess Vee, becaue 'V' means Five, and its the Fifth PS console.

pezus said:
Dr.Grass said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

Lol I can assure you that is most definitely not the main reason...not even close.

You would be surprised.

It's all about the brand name, Wii U and PS Vita are stupid names, but it's intentional, this stuff sells.

XBOX has a nice ring to it, it's silly but easily recognisable.

Why do so many think PS Vita is a stupid name? I think it sounds very good.

Sounds like a health snack.

I'm calling it Pee Ess Vee, becaue 'V' means Five, and its the Fifth PS console.

And it sounds like PSWii! Can't be bad for the casuals

You, my friend, are a genius.

It seems silly, but the controller is the reason why I like my 360 the most. My feelings on the Playstation 3 controller is summed up by what Cliff Blezinski says about it. It's tiny and it sucks(for me). I own a Playstation 3 and have recently been playing more games on it,(I picked up Dead Nation and Infamous from the welcome back program, and Dead Nation is pretty sweet). The system is great, the blu ray is awesome, but my hands literally hurt after a couple hours of play. That sucks, because I really like the game, and I'm currently playing Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time. I just can't play them for long periods of time. I then pick up my 360 controller and it feels perfect. I really don't get Sony's approach to this, especially with the trigger buttons.

I enjoy the online for the 360 better also. I got on the program to pay $40 per year, so it's not too bad. I give Sony props for offering their online for free though. Including downloadable games, I've bought about 15 or so for my Playstation 3, and about 70 for my 360. My kids prefer the 360 as well(maybe that is because of their dad's preference). But, my son's friends own mor 360s than PS3s. Mine too.

I think that XBLA offers more great games than PSN. I have been buying a lot of XBLA games and Indie games too(Decay is AWESOME!! Definately check it out. The first part is only $1) Although, I think that Sony is improving in that area too.

All in all, Sony are doing great. I applaud their dedication to their system. It has been ridiculously improved since its release(which its slow start and bad initial line-up of games, by the way, is the reason I bought my 360). Sony is the reason why the 360 has done so well this generation. I wanted a PS3 before I ever thought of buying a 360. A lot of my friends were just like me. But, I still like my PS3 a lot. I just find it ironic that if Sony would have done a better job at launch, I probably would have never bought my 360.

I'm not a big fanboy of Microsoft, either. I had to send my 360 in to get fixed because it was overheating(I technically never got the red rings of death, but it had the same effect- I couldn't play games). I cringe every time Microsoft raises the price of XBL. My price is set in, but most isn't. I'm tired of the Kinect stuff(God, what a terrible E3!). Yes, I own one(Kinect), and aside from a couple of games, I am underwhelmed, and most of the new games seem gimmicky and laggy. I fear that Microsoft is consentrating on the wrong area of gaming. Sony is moving forward at a great pace with great exclusives and new ones added regularly. Microsoft's exclusives are dwindling, and many of the games that were originally exclusives for the 360 are now multi-platform(Bioshock, Mass Effect etc..). I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Everyone knows that Micro$oft knows how to make money, so I'm sure they'll do well.

Anyways, I know that I've written a lot, but there are a lot of reasons why I like my 360 better. I'm just tired of the fanboyism by certain console owners saying how awesome console X is. It boils down to preference, and I prefer my 360.

Around the Network
sweatface7 said:

i want to know what makes yall think 360 is better than ps3.. my buddy and i always debate about this and all he says is cross chat for xbox and stuff.. i dont think that plays any part in why 360 could be better. 

so type yalls reasons why 360 is better or ps3 better than 360.

The question is which is better for YOU.  There is no such things as universally better for everyone.  This goes through for even an Atari 2600 vs this generation.  For some, yes SOME, an Atari 2600 is better.  What matters is what YOU enjoy more, and that is up to you making an informed decision.  If it isn't a matter of that, being a device to provide entertainment, then you are turning the discussion into an inane fanboy debate, that no one wins, even when they are totally right.

brendude13 said:
axumblade said:
I'm a PS3 fan but I do prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller for certain games. Specifically shooters and racing games. I also think the Kinect is really fun to be honest. Also, while the PSN has some gems on it (fat princess, flower, etc). XBLA has a lot of titles that are either exclusive to it or take a long time to release on PSN (Castle Crashers being a great example).

Completely the opposite for me, I prefer the PS3 controller for shooters and racing games, but I prefer the XBOX 360 controller for everything else.

Damn you have quite the (mesiah?) complex.

pezus said:
Tony_Stark said:
pezus said:
Tony_Stark said:
pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Legend11 said:

One of the reasons I prefer the 360 is because my favorite genre is WRPG and it's the go to console for that genre. Risen, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, and later in the year The Witcher 2 are games you can't get on other consoles.

srry but you got 2 of those wrong.

the team behind the withcher 2 have already stated that its coming to home consoles.

He's not really wrong about Mass Effect though. Only ME2 is available on the PS3 (with a short ME1 comic included). I still think it's ridiculous every time when someone names PC/360 games as "console exclusives", especially since the PC version is superior most of the time.

Problem is, you are being silly here, when somebody names "mass Effect" as a Console exclusive, they are absolutly correct. It is exclusively available on on console since the PC is NOT a console. So really, who's being ridiculous here???

Yeah, where did I say he was wrong? That's right, I didn't. I also said: "I think it's ridiculous" because that's what...you guessed it...I think!

But please, I don't want to derail this wonderful thread.

So, let me get this straight, you know he's right, and you know it's a legitimate claim, yet you "think" it is ridiculous. Like I said before, who is really being ridiculous here?

Anyway, you already derailed it by posting that origional statement, which really had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Yes, when it's used as a trump card for the 360. But I agree with you, I exaggerated so I apologize. Let's get on with this thread.

But it's a valid trump card, perhaps you should focus more on having fun with your PS3 and less on which console has more exclusives, because does playing "who's d*ck is larger" really matter when both d*cks serve the same purpose?

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:
axumblade said:

Damn you have quite the (mesiah?) complex.

Huh? xD

sweatface7 said:

i want to know what makes yall think 360 is better than ps3.. my buddy and i always debate about this and all he says is cross chat for xbox and stuff.. i dont think that plays any part in why 360 could be better. 

so type yalls reasons why 360 is better or ps3 better than 360.

Microsofts first party support fades in comparison to Sony's.

Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, InFAMOUS to name a few franchises they have created.

Microsoft couldn't even keep Bungie continuing on Halo...

Basically:
If you are a game whore and really care about exclusives and getting the "best" and let alone, the BEST experiences that cannot be shared amongst PC/PS3/360. The PS3 is the way to go really (i dare say in both quality as well as quantity).

Source:
Myself, sold my 360 late last year. Had it since late 2008. Since I have quite a good PC and have no love for Halo or Gears, it felt like a waste of money to me.