By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

They kinda cancel out, I just don't like the way MS does business with XBL. Also depends on what you do on them, PS3 is a better multimedia device so if you are a media whore, that's the better choice. Oh and PS3 has more 1st party core exclusives while the 360 has more timed exclusive 3rd party content on supposed big games, so like I said, the counter effect. It's a preference thing.

Around the Network
pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Legend11 said:

One of the reasons I prefer the 360 is because my favorite genre is WRPG and it's the go to console for that genre. Risen, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, and later in the year The Witcher 2 are games you can't get on other consoles.

srry but you got 2 of those wrong.

the team behind the withcher 2 have already stated that its coming to home consoles.

He's not really wrong about Mass Effect though. Only ME2 is available on the PS3 (with a short ME1 comic included). I still think it's ridiculous every time when someone names PC/360 games as "console exclusives", especially since the PC version is superior most of the time.

Problem is, you are being silly here, when somebody names "mass Effect" as a Console exclusive, they are absolutly correct. It is exclusively available on on console since the PC is NOT a console. So really, who's being ridiculous here???

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

d21lewis said:
brendude13 said:
d21lewis said:
brendude13 said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
PearlJam said:
Better controller, The PS3 controller is only better for fighters. But if you're serious about fighters, you would play with an arcade stick or a Fighting pad at the minimum. Both have a terrible D-Pad, but that's the only fault I can find with the 360 controller. The PS3 controller is too small, it cramps my hands, and the L1/R1 L2/R2 buttons are a disgrace compared to the 360's trigger/shoulder button combo.

I don't care about Sony's exclusives except for the GT series and GOW, the rest I can do without. My favorite games are usually multiplats, and they're just as good on 360 and if there is a better version it's usually on 360.

I prefer the XBLA selection to the PSN selection.

Xbox Live is superior to PSN in every way. People that think they are the same, are just not very technical people. How can you not notice that it takes longer to find games on PSN? And that you run into way more laggy games far more frequently? I don't know if everyone on PSN is running around with Wi-fi instead of hard-wired, but it certainly seems that way. If you don't notice these things, you have probably never played on a smooth connection and just can't tell the difference.

I like both, but just prefer the 360. And I prefer a good PC over both.

I don't mind you stating your opinion, but what I don't appreciate, is lies.

When it comes to connectivity, PSN = XBL, when it comes to exclusive games I would even say PSN has an ADVANTAGE when it comes to connection speed.

Yeah, I think some PS3 games even have dedicated servers (example: Warhawk) and I don't think any 360 games have that. Dedicated = better in most cases

Wow thanks for backing me up, I was expectinng to get absolutely raped with negative replies for saying that.

I personally believe XBL is overrated, especially when it comes to reliability (even with the recent PSN outage) and connection speed. It does however have a better community, better downloadable games selection and party system / cross game chat, but it isn't enough to justify the substantial charge you have to pay for XBL.

The thing is, why do you feel like you need backing up?  The guy in the OP created a thread asking Xbox 360 lovers why they prefer the Xbox 360.  You seem like a person that prefers the PS3 and yet you seem to be the one with the most to say in this thread.  Many of us in this thread own both the PS3 and the 360 and yet, we still prefer the 360.  There's no war to win, here.

--Just wanted to mention that my 11 year old nephew is a PS3/360 owner.  I got him an Xbox Live Gold card one day last week so now he's playing the 360 online.  He had Call of Duty Black Ops for the PS3 and I had Call of Duty Black Ops for the 360.  I let him borrow my copy and I'm downloading the update to the PS3 version as we speak.  I'm finally going to be able to play with my co-workers who are mostly PS3 gamers.  I'm about to find out if there's any differences between the PSN and XBL in about five minutes.....

Why do I feel like I need backing up? Because people like to pretend that paying for something makes it substantially better, like I said, there are differences but people like to pretend there are more, especially when it comes to things like connection speed. By "backing up" I'm not trying to start or participate in an argument, I just want people to know the truth.

And yes I prefer the PS3, but I own a 360 and enjoy it so I think I'm allowed to be here. The problem is, I'm too tempted to correct people who keep pulling out the "XBL is far superior" card. But in the end, that just triggers arguments, so I will optionally leave now.

And that reminds me, XBL has an advantage in patches and downloads too. Black Ops doesn't really seem like a fair comparison, the online was gimped in the PS3 and the PC version. I sold the PS3 version and bought the 360 version, no matter how high the ping bar is the PS3 version still has a huge delay between firing and getting the kill or a hitmarker. I'm basing my comparison on MW2, try that if you have it.

Just got offline with Black Ops and let me say, I had a blast!!  It was like I was death incarnate (at least compared to my pitiful performance on XBL, anyway.).  At first, I was cursing the Dual Shock 3 because, damn I couldn't get the feel right.  I then switched to my third party Pelican controller with the stiffer analogs and that was a bit worse.  I went back to the Dual Shock 3 and finally got into a groove.

The experience, by and large, was about identical to the XBL experience.  At first, it took me a second to be able to choose a match but, it only took a second or three.  After that, it was all good.  I played one game of Free For All where I was the only one with a mic but when I got into Team Death Match, everything just felt right.  I was actually talking more shit because I was finally backing it up!!  Maybe once, there was a disconnect but that happens on XBL, too so no big deal, there.  My only gripe is that I didn't have any of the weapons and stuff I worked so hard to build up on XBL.

Just thought I'd reply to you, personally.  I'm still one of those guys that prefers the 360 and XBL but I'm not one of those guys that will pretend things are different than they really are.  PSN is just fine and Black Ops is pretty much exactly the same.

I enjoyed Black Ops online, I did so many crazy shots with the Tomahawk. Never have I got an amazing throwing knife on MW2, but on Black Ops I had rediculous amounts of luck with the tomahawk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGNmwLFOIbc&feature=channel_video_title

Just a clip where I got 2 great tomahawks in one game, both of the throws were completely random, as you see we didn't have UAV.

I usually switch between MW2 on the PS3 and the XBOX 360 and it's so annoying because when I get used to one controller I usually switch to the other, I am trying to stick with the Dualshock at the moment because the larger analogue sticks are a huge advantage when it comes to sniping.

And that's nice to hear that the experience was the same on both, I was expecting the PS3 to be laggier but they have probably patched that by now. I hope you can see why I get so irritated when I hear "XBL's connection is superior to PSN's". The problem is that is widely accepted by the majority of gamers.

And if XBL was free I would prefer it too, but as a student I have to bring price into the equation, luckily I got XBL when it was on offer (£25).

brendude13 said:
- Larger and heavier controller with a more rounded shape.
- Cross game chat and the party system.
- Ability to install games to the hard drive.
- XBL has a better selection of content.
- It's cheaper (excluding add-ons or XBL).
- The design of the slim is excellent.
- Better performance in some multiplatform titles.
- Better management of memory.
- Faster download speeds (especially patches).

That's my list, without bringing games into the equation.

I hate the slim design. My room gets dusty if  I don't clean it 3-4 times a week. I have my slim lying flat down and the air vent is right on top of the system. It's so easy for dust to get into my 360, I have to put a cover on top of the vent when I don't play it. -.-;

Pichsterz said:
brendude13 said:
- Larger and heavier controller with a more rounded shape.
- Cross game chat and the party system.
- Ability to install games to the hard drive.
- XBL has a better selection of content.
- It's cheaper (excluding add-ons or XBL).
- The design of the slim is excellent.
- Better performance in some multiplatform titles.
- Better management of memory.
- Faster download speeds (especially patches).

That's my list, without bringing games into the equation.

I hate the slim design. My room gets dusty if  I don't clean it 3-4 times a week. I have my slim lying flat down and the air vent is right on top of the system. It's so easy for dust to get into my 360, I have to put a cover on top of the vent when I don't play it. -.-;

Dust is a huge problem in my room too, I have it lying flat too.

I just usually put the vacuum cleaner round my room every few weeks, my PC is the worst culprit for dust, if I put it with the back facing the wall it blasts dust up the wall.

Around the Network
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

Lol I can assure you that is most definitely not the main reason...not even close.

You would be surprised.

It's all about the brand name, Wii U and PS Vita are stupid names, but it's intentional, this stuff sells.

XBOX has a nice ring to it, it's silly but easily recognisable.

Why do so many think PS Vita is a stupid name? I think it sounds very good.

It isn't TOO bad, but it still sounds silly.

What will Sony do when they make a "lite" version of the Vita?

axumblade said:
I'm a PS3 fan but I do prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller for certain games. Specifically shooters and racing games. I also think the Kinect is really fun to be honest. Also, while the PSN has some gems on it (fat princess, flower, etc). XBLA has a lot of titles that are either exclusive to it or take a long time to release on PSN (Castle Crashers being a great example).

Completely the opposite for me, I prefer the PS3 controller for shooters and racing games, but I prefer the XBOX 360 controller for everything else.

I'm amazed that I'm the only one to be honest. xD

No Console's better or worse, its up to your personal preferrence (o' course they have their pro's and Cons, but thats why BOTH have reasons to be bought.).. end of story.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

The answer to the question is then and now. The PS3 basically took a couple years after its launch to find some real parity with the 360. A long couple of years where the 360 had more exclusives, a far better price point, and a great many more features. Along with better versions of games, first come, and more variety. The PS3 had a rough couple years so a lot of people made the 360 their console of choice during that time.

pezus said:
Tony_Stark said:
pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Legend11 said:

One of the reasons I prefer the 360 is because my favorite genre is WRPG and it's the go to console for that genre. Risen, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, and later in the year The Witcher 2 are games you can't get on other consoles.

srry but you got 2 of those wrong.

the team behind the withcher 2 have already stated that its coming to home consoles.

He's not really wrong about Mass Effect though. Only ME2 is available on the PS3 (with a short ME1 comic included). I still think it's ridiculous every time when someone names PC/360 games as "console exclusives", especially since the PC version is superior most of the time.

Problem is, you are being silly here, when somebody names "mass Effect" as a Console exclusive, they are absolutly correct. It is exclusively available on on console since the PC is NOT a console. So really, who's being ridiculous here???

Yeah, where did I say he was wrong? That's right, I didn't. I also said: "I think it's ridiculous" because that's what...you guessed it...I think!

But please, I don't want to derail this wonderful thread.

So, let me get this straight, you know he's right, and you know it's a legitimate claim, yet you "think" it is ridiculous. Like I said before, who is really being ridiculous here?

Anyway, you already derailed it by posting that origional statement, which really had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."