By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

Leaving aside subjective stuff (games library, controller, etc. which are down to personal preference) there are three factual elements of 360 that are better than PS3 (I say this as a dual owner):

1 - The console is cheaper if you're not interested in Blu-Ray
2 - Xbox Live remains superior for overall online experience out side of the game - i.e. when playing its the same but the chat, etc. is more extensive and better integrated to the console
3 - it has USB ports in the rear of the console

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Well It really comes down to what you prefer.

The 360 has the best games for me (Halo fanatic here), my friends all own them, the controller is the best out of the three IMO, and I prefer the 360's interface and online system more then the PS3.

brendude13 said:

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

There isn't much between the two consoles, but as a brand, I despise the XBOX 360. It exists for all the wrong reasons really, Microsoft's greed and smug PR doesn't help either.

...But when it comes to consoles, there isn't much of a difference, just games and controllers, that's it.

Lol I can assure you that is most definitely not the main reason...not even close.

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
Well It really comes down to what you prefer.

The 360 has the best games for me (Halo fanatic here), my friends all own them, the controller is the best out of the three IMO, and I prefer the 360's interface and online system more then the PS3.

Wow, I must say your sig is incredible! 

Haha oh trust me I know! :D

-XBL wins hands down when it comes to features and streamlineyness (what's the proper word? Inquiring minds want to know, grammar nazis).
-XBLA's library is amazing.
-The yearly fee is crap. I still renew each year so why waste the energy to complain
-It's home to the FPS franchise Sony or Nintendo can never match.
-Irrelevant now but 360 single handily stopped this generation sucking for the first 2 years. Thanks Bill and Steve.

-Game installs. An excellent idea Sony haven't copied.

Games are the most important and exclusives differentiate the two. Its exclusive library fell behind the PS3's long ago, we get our bi-yearly Halo, Gears, and Fable now whereas 2005-2008 had more than that. I love those series but MS's stable is far behind Sony's. They have the GDP of most countries at their disposal to rival Sony's library but their tried and tested franchises & Kinect are what they're going for instead. For better library PS3 gets the nod. Blu-Ray's a plus. Graphics/power I guess are minor PS advantages on......4 games.

Around the Network

- Larger and heavier controller with a more rounded shape.
- Cross game chat and the party system.
- Ability to install games to the hard drive.
- XBL has a better selection of content.
- It's cheaper (excluding add-ons or XBL).
- The design of the slim is excellent.
- Better performance in some multiplatform titles.
- Better management of memory.
- Faster download speeds (especially patches).

That's my list, without bringing games into the equation.

yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

Lol I can assure you that is most definitely not the main reason...not even close.

You would be surprised.

It's all about the brand name, Wii U and PS Vita are stupid names, but it's intentional, this stuff sells.

XBOX has a nice ring to it, it's silly but easily recognisable.

brendude13 said:
d21lewis said:
brendude13 said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
PearlJam said:
Better controller, The PS3 controller is only better for fighters. But if you're serious about fighters, you would play with an arcade stick or a Fighting pad at the minimum. Both have a terrible D-Pad, but that's the only fault I can find with the 360 controller. The PS3 controller is too small, it cramps my hands, and the L1/R1 L2/R2 buttons are a disgrace compared to the 360's trigger/shoulder button combo.

I don't care about Sony's exclusives except for the GT series and GOW, the rest I can do without. My favorite games are usually multiplats, and they're just as good on 360 and if there is a better version it's usually on 360.

I prefer the XBLA selection to the PSN selection.

Xbox Live is superior to PSN in every way. People that think they are the same, are just not very technical people. How can you not notice that it takes longer to find games on PSN? And that you run into way more laggy games far more frequently? I don't know if everyone on PSN is running around with Wi-fi instead of hard-wired, but it certainly seems that way. If you don't notice these things, you have probably never played on a smooth connection and just can't tell the difference.

I like both, but just prefer the 360. And I prefer a good PC over both.

I don't mind you stating your opinion, but what I don't appreciate, is lies.

When it comes to connectivity, PSN = XBL, when it comes to exclusive games I would even say PSN has an ADVANTAGE when it comes to connection speed.

Yeah, I think some PS3 games even have dedicated servers (example: Warhawk) and I don't think any 360 games have that. Dedicated = better in most cases

Wow thanks for backing me up, I was expectinng to get absolutely raped with negative replies for saying that.

I personally believe XBL is overrated, especially when it comes to reliability (even with the recent PSN outage) and connection speed. It does however have a better community, better downloadable games selection and party system / cross game chat, but it isn't enough to justify the substantial charge you have to pay for XBL.

The thing is, why do you feel like you need backing up?  The guy in the OP created a thread asking Xbox 360 lovers why they prefer the Xbox 360.  You seem like a person that prefers the PS3 and yet you seem to be the one with the most to say in this thread.  Many of us in this thread own both the PS3 and the 360 and yet, we still prefer the 360.  There's no war to win, here.

--Just wanted to mention that my 11 year old nephew is a PS3/360 owner.  I got him an Xbox Live Gold card one day last week so now he's playing the 360 online.  He had Call of Duty Black Ops for the PS3 and I had Call of Duty Black Ops for the 360.  I let him borrow my copy and I'm downloading the update to the PS3 version as we speak.  I'm finally going to be able to play with my co-workers who are mostly PS3 gamers.  I'm about to find out if there's any differences between the PSN and XBL in about five minutes.....

Why do I feel like I need backing up? Because people like to pretend that paying for something makes it substantially better, like I said, there are differences but people like to pretend there are more, especially when it comes to things like connection speed. By "backing up" I'm not trying to start or participate in an argument, I just want people to know the truth.

And yes I prefer the PS3, but I own a 360 and enjoy it so I think I'm allowed to be here. The problem is, I'm too tempted to correct people who keep pulling out the "XBL is far superior" card. But in the end, that just triggers arguments, so I will optionally leave now.

And that reminds me, XBL has an advantage in patches and downloads too. Black Ops doesn't really seem like a fair comparison, the online was gimped in the PS3 and the PC version. I sold the PS3 version and bought the 360 version, no matter how high the ping bar is the PS3 version still has a huge delay between firing and getting the kill or a hitmarker. I'm basing my comparison on MW2, try that if you have it.

Just got offline with Black Ops and let me say, I had a blast!!  It was like I was death incarnate (at least compared to my pitiful performance on XBL, anyway.).  At first, I was cursing the Dual Shock 3 because, damn I couldn't get the feel right.  I then switched to my third party Pelican controller with the stiffer analogs and that was a bit worse.  I went back to the Dual Shock 3 and finally got into a groove.

The experience, by and large, was about identical to the XBL experience.  At first, it took me a second to be able to choose a match but, it only took a second or three.  After that, it was all good.  I played one game of Free For All where I was the only one with a mic but when I got into Team Death Match, everything just felt right.  I was actually talking more shit because I was finally backing it up!!  Maybe once, there was a disconnect but that happens on XBL, too so no big deal, there.  My only gripe is that I didn't have any of the weapons and stuff I worked so hard to build up on XBL.

Just thought I'd reply to you, personally.  I'm still one of those guys that prefers the 360 and XBL but I'm not one of those guys that will pretend things are different than they really are.  PSN is just fine and Black Ops is pretty much exactly the same.

brendude13 said:
dobby985 said:

The 360 and the PS3 both exist to make money like all consumer electronics. Don't kid yourself that owning a PS3 over a 360 is morally better.

I understand your argument, but I don't agree with MS's tactics this gen AT ALL. I don't care if all the consoles exist to make money, we all know that, but I think Microsoft have really been abusing their monoply with the XBOX 360, similar to what they did with Windows.

This generation just seems to be a competition of who can gloat the most and who can throw the most money at developers and service providers like Netflix.

What tactics? MS does NOT have a monopoly...in anything. Sorry, but it's a fact. Anyway, who cares how much money they "throw" at devs and service providers? It's the consumers who win in the end. Seriously, stop drinking the kool-aid and wake up to reality.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Because i just like the brand better than the Playstation.