By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

CGI-Quality said:

As an owner of both, the decision comes mainly down to preference.

The 360 has the better online community. Hands down, hard to debate. On the other hand, the PS3 suits my gaming needs better, with more exclusives and an overall more polished catalog of variety (I disagree heavily with some that the two consoles are barely different on the games front - they are quite different, even while sharing a good chunk of the same library).

Games that take advantage of both look pretty different too. PS3 games tend to look more exotic with more things happening on-screen, while 360 games have an overall more "full" look (textures/aliasing often look smoother on the system).

So again, it's mainly down to preference, but even with my preference for the PS3, I couldn't be without the 360.

wht he said

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

One of the reasons I prefer the 360 is because my favorite genre is WRPG and it's the go to console for that genre. Risen, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, and later in the year The Witcher 2 are games you can't get on other consoles.

srry but you got 2 of those wrong.

the team behind the withcher 2 have already stated that its coming to home consoles.

dobby985 said:

The 360 and the PS3 both exist to make money like all consumer electronics. Don't kid yourself that owning a PS3 over a 360 is morally better.

I understand your argument, but I don't agree with MS's tactics this gen AT ALL. I don't care if all the consoles exist to make money, we all know that, but I think Microsoft have really been abusing their monoply with the XBOX 360, similar to what they did with Windows.

This generation just seems to be a competition of who can gloat the most and who can throw the most money at developers and service providers like Netflix.

miz1q2w3e said:
brendude13 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Because of Alan Wake!! - - - I'm not an Xbox lover, just an Alan Wake fan!!!

I haven't actually played that game yet, I loved Max Payne, is this similar?

I haven't played Max Payne

I can tell you a bit about the game... It's a very atmospheric game, it has great dialogue that is very well voiced. It's one of the few games that really make feel unseasy, tense, and even scared at times (all in a good way). Also had a great emotional story, you grow attached to the characters and really have a great time with them

The graphics are very nice, especially the superb lighting and shadow effects. Had a great atmosphere (I can't stress this enough)... The character facial animations could've been improved though

The gameplay kinda reminds me of RE4. You first take the aiming stance, then you aim, then "shoot". I loved that there's no actual shooting in the game :p - The flashlight idea is pretty unique and a really nice touch imo

REALLY REALLY loved the game :D - Now has a permanent place in my heart <3

It's definately at the top of my "to buy" list then.

Max Payne is from the same developers, and I loved Max Payne, I thought it was so under-rated.

Atmosphere is one of the main things I look for in a game, seems like this game has plenty of it :).

brendude13 said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
PearlJam said:
Better controller, The PS3 controller is only better for fighters. But if you're serious about fighters, you would play with an arcade stick or a Fighting pad at the minimum. Both have a terrible D-Pad, but that's the only fault I can find with the 360 controller. The PS3 controller is too small, it cramps my hands, and the L1/R1 L2/R2 buttons are a disgrace compared to the 360's trigger/shoulder button combo.

I don't care about Sony's exclusives except for the GT series and GOW, the rest I can do without. My favorite games are usually multiplats, and they're just as good on 360 and if there is a better version it's usually on 360.

I prefer the XBLA selection to the PSN selection.

Xbox Live is superior to PSN in every way. People that think they are the same, are just not very technical people. How can you not notice that it takes longer to find games on PSN? And that you run into way more laggy games far more frequently? I don't know if everyone on PSN is running around with Wi-fi instead of hard-wired, but it certainly seems that way. If you don't notice these things, you have probably never played on a smooth connection and just can't tell the difference.

I like both, but just prefer the 360. And I prefer a good PC over both.

I don't mind you stating your opinion, but what I don't appreciate, is lies.

When it comes to connectivity, PSN = XBL, when it comes to exclusive games I would even say PSN has an ADVANTAGE when it comes to connection speed.

Yeah, I think some PS3 games even have dedicated servers (example: Warhawk) and I don't think any 360 games have that. Dedicated = better in most cases

Wow thanks for backing me up, I was expectinng to get absolutely raped with negative replies for saying that.

I personally believe XBL is overrated, especially when it comes to reliability (even with the recent PSN outage) and connection speed. It does however have a better community, better downloadable games selection and party system / cross game chat, but it isn't enough to justify the substantial charge you have to pay for XBL.

The thing is, why do you feel like you need backing up?  The guy in the OP created a thread asking Xbox 360 lovers why they prefer the Xbox 360.  You seem like a person that prefers the PS3 and yet you seem to be the one with the most to say in this thread.  Many of us in this thread own both the PS3 and the 360 and yet, we still prefer the 360.  There's no war to win, here.

--Just wanted to mention that my 11 year old nephew is a PS3/360 owner.  I got him an Xbox Live Gold card one day last week so now he's playing the 360 online.  He had Call of Duty Black Ops for the PS3 and I had Call of Duty Black Ops for the 360.  I let him borrow my copy and I'm downloading the update to the PS3 version as we speak.  I'm finally going to be able to play with my co-workers who are mostly PS3 gamers.  I'm about to find out if there's any differences between the PSN and XBL in about five minutes.....

Around the Network

4 reasons for me (I own both):

1. Xbox Live Arcade is vastly superior in breadth and width of titles (about 300 new IPs to 150).
2. Exclusives I enjoy (Deadly Premonition, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia and so on)
3. Price
4. Controller doesn't feel like a Mattel toy

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Legend11 said:

One of the reasons I prefer the 360 is because my favorite genre is WRPG and it's the go to console for that genre. Risen, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, and later in the year The Witcher 2 are games you can't get on other consoles.

the team behind the withcher 2 have already stated that its coming to home consoles.

They also announced that the first game was going to consoles and look how that turned out.  Until they confirm that a PS3 version is in development it'll be anything but a sure thing.

Vast variety of games and exclusives on PS3. Sony seem to have a close partnership with many developers which makes me glad they have an open platform policy that doesn't restrict them. That is very important to me because I feel this way I can truly play work of art.

I have only 1 dislike about Xbox Live. Xbox Live your identity is your Xbox Live identity. To me having people not know who you are is quite important.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Legend11 said:

He's not really wrong about Mass Effect though. Only ME2 is available on the PS3 (with a short ME1 comic included). I still think it's ridiculous every time when someone names PC/360 games as "console exclusives", especially since the PC version is superior most of the time.

I think it's ridiculous how some people seem to think every console gamer also has a good gaming PC.

d21lewis said:
brendude13 said:
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
PearlJam said:
Better controller, The PS3 controller is only better for fighters. But if you're serious about fighters, you would play with an arcade stick or a Fighting pad at the minimum. Both have a terrible D-Pad, but that's the only fault I can find with the 360 controller. The PS3 controller is too small, it cramps my hands, and the L1/R1 L2/R2 buttons are a disgrace compared to the 360's trigger/shoulder button combo.

I don't care about Sony's exclusives except for the GT series and GOW, the rest I can do without. My favorite games are usually multiplats, and they're just as good on 360 and if there is a better version it's usually on 360.

I prefer the XBLA selection to the PSN selection.

Xbox Live is superior to PSN in every way. People that think they are the same, are just not very technical people. How can you not notice that it takes longer to find games on PSN? And that you run into way more laggy games far more frequently? I don't know if everyone on PSN is running around with Wi-fi instead of hard-wired, but it certainly seems that way. If you don't notice these things, you have probably never played on a smooth connection and just can't tell the difference.

I like both, but just prefer the 360. And I prefer a good PC over both.

I don't mind you stating your opinion, but what I don't appreciate, is lies.

When it comes to connectivity, PSN = XBL, when it comes to exclusive games I would even say PSN has an ADVANTAGE when it comes to connection speed.

Yeah, I think some PS3 games even have dedicated servers (example: Warhawk) and I don't think any 360 games have that. Dedicated = better in most cases

Wow thanks for backing me up, I was expectinng to get absolutely raped with negative replies for saying that.

I personally believe XBL is overrated, especially when it comes to reliability (even with the recent PSN outage) and connection speed. It does however have a better community, better downloadable games selection and party system / cross game chat, but it isn't enough to justify the substantial charge you have to pay for XBL.

The thing is, why do you feel like you need backing up?  The guy in the OP created a thread asking Xbox 360 lovers why they prefer the Xbox 360.  You seem like a person that prefers the PS3 and yet you seem to be the one with the most to say in this thread.  Many of us in this thread own both the PS3 and the 360 and yet, we still prefer the 360.  There's no war to win, here.

--Just wanted to mention that my 11 year old nephew is a PS3/360 owner.  I got him an Xbox Live Gold card one day last week so now he's playing the 360 online.  He had Call of Duty Black Ops for the PS3 and I had Call of Duty Black Ops for the 360.  I let him borrow my copy and I'm downloading the update to the PS3 version as we speak.  I'm finally going to be able to play with my co-workers who are mostly PS3 gamers.  I'm about to find out if there's any differences between the PSN and XBL in about five minutes.....

Why do I feel like I need backing up? Because people like to pretend that paying for something makes it substantially better, like I said, there are differences but people like to pretend there are more, especially when it comes to things like connection speed. By "backing up" I'm not trying to start or participate in an argument, I just want people to know the truth.

And yes I prefer the PS3, but I own a 360 and enjoy it so I think I'm allowed to be here. The problem is, I'm too tempted to correct people who keep pulling out the "XBL is far superior" card. But in the end, that just triggers arguments, so I will optionally leave now.

And that reminds me, XBL has an advantage in patches and downloads too. Black Ops doesn't really seem like a fair comparison, the online was gimped in the PS3 and the PC version. I sold the PS3 version and bought the 360 version, no matter how high the ping bar is the PS3 version still has a huge delay between firing and getting the kill or a hitmarker. I'm basing my comparison on MW2, try that if you have it.