By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

This thread makes me proud to be a gamer here.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I have both...Everyone I know has one, I like the games, XBOX Live etc etc

PSN - Blu-Ray, PSN is free so whenever I do decided to play online I don't have to pay for 2 services LOL

It simply depends on your needs and your restrictions.

They have a strong enough library of games to warrant owning both if you're a gamer.

But things like blu-ray or LIVE can make you lean towards one more than the other.

Because of Alan Wake!! - - - I'm not an Xbox lover, just an Alan Wake fan!!!

It has to be the LIVE experience. I am an online gamer, most games I play are online games, and XBL just makes it so much easier to connect to friends and play games together. The experience is smooth and XBLA games on the 360 are really good and easy to find, try out and play.

As for the games, all multiplats+first party integrate with LIVE extremely well and is fun to get into.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
Better controller, The PS3 controller is only better for fighters. But if you're serious about fighters, you would play with an arcade stick or a Fighting pad at the minimum. Both have a terrible D-Pad, but that's the only fault I can find with the 360 controller. The PS3 controller is too small, it cramps my hands, and the L1/R1 L2/R2 buttons are a disgrace compared to the 360's trigger/shoulder button combo.

I don't care about Sony's exclusives except for the GT series and GOW, the rest I can do without. My favorite games are usually multiplats, and they're just as good on 360 and if there is a better version it's usually on 360.

I prefer the XBLA selection to the PSN selection.

Xbox Live is superior to PSN in every way. People that think they are the same, are just not very technical people. How can you not notice that it takes longer to find games on PSN? And that you run into way more laggy games far more frequently? I don't know if everyone on PSN is running around with Wi-fi instead of hard-wired, but it certainly seems that way. If you don't notice these things, you have probably never played on a smooth connection and just can't tell the difference.

I like both, but just prefer the 360. And I prefer a good PC over both.

I don't mind you stating your opinion, but what I don't appreciate, is lies.

When it comes to connectivity, PSN = XBL, when it comes to exclusive games I would even say PSN has an ADVANTAGE when it comes to connection speed.

miz1q2w3e said:

I haven't actually played that game yet, I loved Max Payne, is this similar?

Sorry, lagged out and I triple posted.

miz1q2w3e said:

brendude13 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I haven't played Max Payne

I can tell you a bit about the game... It's a very atmospheric game, it has great dialogue that is very well voiced. It's one of the few games that really make feel unseasy, tense, and even scared at times (all in a good way). Also had a great emotional story, you grow attached to the characters and really have a great time with them

The graphics are very nice, especially the superb lighting and shadow effects. Had a great atmosphere (I can't stress this enough)... The character facial animations could've been improved though

The gameplay kinda reminds me of RE4. You first take the aiming stance, then you aim, then "shoot". I loved that there's no actual shooting in the game :p - The flashlight idea is pretty unique and a really nice touch imo

REALLY REALLY loved the game :D - Now has a permanent place in my heart <3