By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

i LOVE this thread so far,great responses all.i love the 360 also as it is a great piece of kit just like the ps3,
i also will buy the ps3 when it becomes $199.00us it,s too good to past up.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Around the Network

Its kind of funny, I don't even have a xbox 360 anymore and just have a ps3 but I still favor the 360. I just never seem to play my ps3. Despite the fact that PS3 has around 5 times as many "good" exclusives as the 360, there are more 360 exclusives I have loved than ps3 exclusives. I get 99% of the multiplatform games for the 360 because I prefer the controller and I can take the game to friends' houses who mostly own 360s. Reason I sold my 360 is because I hate gears of war, and never buy any remakes. All the good multiplatform games coming out will have a superior version on the pc which I will be getting.

I'll buy a new 360 probably for less then I sold mine for when they announce something interesting that I can't play on my pc so holidays 2012 at the latest for halo 4. For now I'm keeping my ps3, but once i finish infamous 2 and portal 2 I might just sell it as well because I'm starting to get less hyped for Uncharted 3, and no other interesting exclusives are coming out for the ps3 anytime soon imo.

I own both. I just happen to like the 360 controller more, though neither system has exclusives I like in terms of first party software.

With the exception of Kinect. It's turned my bland living room into a party house. I honestly can't say that about anything other then Brawl.

But for all intensive purposes, at this point the other thing that really matters is personal choice as to what games you like best. Both consoles are inherently equal.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Because I love the Xbox and Microsoft.

I own all three systems this gen, I mostly play PS360 out of the three. These are my reason why I like each system.

360:
- XBL is better than PSN
- Cross Chat

PS3:
- More variety of Exclusives games that cater to me.
- PSN is FREE

In the end I like the PS3 more than 360. Simply, the only thing I care about is the games. PS3 have more exclusives games that I enjoy playing. 360 is catered to FPS games, which I'm not a fan of that genre and the lack of exclusives on the system is killing me.

Around the Network

I as well am suprised this thread has not sparked a world war of console bashing and fan boys, but give it time and Im bet there will be some of that.
First of all I have great respect and admire both consoles. They both have their niches and bonuses. I too think it really just comes down to personal preference. I have played some on the PS3 but, the main reason I play the X360 a lot is because I guess I just like the online experience, the feel of the controller, and the fact that most of my buddies play on that system. When you look at comparisons in multiplatform games there is really no big difference between the two. They both perform basically the same with games. I know one large argument is that the PS3 has the bluray built in. Well, that is very nice yes, but I bought a bluray player already and honestly I watch a bluray movie on it maybe once a month if that. I get about 95% of my videos and entertainment over streaming (ie: Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, ect.). Now a days most movies are streamed, and can be streamed in HD. Both X360 and PS3 offer this. I know many people question XBL, because you have to pay a subscription, whereas with the PS3 you do not. That is a nice aspect about PS3. For some reason, however I dont mind the subscription fee. I usually get them at deal prices on various sites like Amazon or New Egg when they have specials. I have never payed the full $60 for the yearly subscriptions like Im sure many 360 owners have not. Just my preference is that I feel more a part of a gaming community on XBL. Its just something thats hard to explain. I will say though that the PS3 has really grown in the last couple of years with their exclusive titles. They have done a really great job with that. God of War series is Great, and Uncharted is very fun. I guess I just personally will admit that I enjoy the exclusives of Halo, and GOW a little more.
I just feel like I connect more on my 360. Both consoles are fine pieces of hardware. No one can really say, "oh 360 blows PS3 away DUDE!", or "Oh PS3 RAPES the 360 dawg!". They are pretty much the exact same in game performance and output. So there you have it. It mostly comes down to personal preference in my opinion as they are almost the same from my point of view.

I don't think it's that much better. At the time, I just chose it over PS3 because it had more games I wanted, and was $200 cheaper. Of course now, they are much closer in library and price, but I still stick with 360, mainly because of the quality online. Plus I'm not really into the Sony first party stuff, most of it is far too cinematic heavy for my tastes.

thank yall for not blowing this up like ive seen others before, but i like hearing peoples opinions & i dont think there will ever be a winner just a long long debate.

but i like the ps3 for a few reasons...

1. its free online and i have a xbox as well and the online play is the same in my opinion so why pay for online?
2. the controller just fits better in my hands i think and its light just easier to use for certain games.
3. save money, free online and alot of the best games are on both so im not paying 60$ for a year to play online when i could buy a game with that 60$
4. the games, yes 360 has more games but the quality of games dont even compare to ps3's.. with uncharted series, twisted metal, god of war, infamous, heavy rain, gran turismo, and plenty more..

im all about games and the quality of those games, cross chat doesnt matter to me because i dont want to be bother if im playing a game like L.A. Noire.. & none of their exclusives catch my eye.. gears seems ok i played it and never got into it...

but keep the comments coming but dont start a war please lol

sweatface7 said:
thank yall for not blowing this up like ive seen others before, but i like hearing peoples opinions & i dont think there will ever be a winner just a long long debate.

but i like the ps3 for a few reasons...

1. its free online and i have a xbox as well and the online play is the same in my opinion so why pay for online?
2. the controller just fits better in my hands i think and its light just easier to use for certain games.
3. save money, free online and alot of the best games are on both so im not paying 60$ for a year to play online when i could buy a game with that 60$
4. the games, yes 360 has more games but the quality of games dont even compare to ps3's.. with uncharted series, twisted metal, god of war, infamous, heavy rain, gran turismo, and plenty more..

im all about games and the quality of those games, cross chat doesnt matter to me because i dont want to be bother if im playing a game like L.A. Noire.. & none of their exclusives catch my eye.. gears seems ok i played it and never got into it...

but keep the comments coming but dont start a war please lol

The quality of the games on 360 are top notch. It's just a preference because I think most of the exclusives on PS3 don't compare to the 360.

Because some people think XBOX sounds cool.

I'm not kidding, that literally IS the main reason.

There isn't much between the two consoles, but as a brand, I despise the XBOX 360. It exists for all the wrong reasons really, Microsoft's greed and smug PR doesn't help either.

...But when it comes to consoles, there isn't much of a difference, just games and controllers, that's it.