By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - to all the xbox 360 lovers

i want to know what makes yall think 360 is better than ps3.. my buddy and i always debate about this and all he says is cross chat for xbox and stuff.. i dont think that plays any part in why 360 could be better. 

so type yalls reasons why 360 is better or ps3 better than 360.

Around the Network
sweatface7 said:

i want to know what makes yall think 360 is better than ps3.. my buddy and i always debate about this and all he says is cross chat for xbox and stuff.. i dont think that plays any part in why 360 could be better. 

so type yalls reasons why 360 is better or ps3 better than 360.

I don't anymore, I just prefer it. Why does one HAVE to be better than the other ...

they both have their pros and cons

I own both.

And they are virtually the exact same console including graphics and everything. I would say when all is said and done there's roughly a 5% difference in the consoles.

Basically all the blah blah blah people complain about is overblown.

The one thing I will say is better on Xbox though is Live for sure.

I own both, and i wouldn't say one is better than the other, i just use each one for their exclusive games and 360 for multiplats (because most of my friends have 360s). Although i would say live is better than psn, but ps3 has more exclusives.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

I dunno. I just like it. It sits there inches away from my PS3 and when I go to the video games store, they often have the exact same titles. For some reason, my PS3 sits there unused and my 360 gets played relentlessly. Hell, I have two 360's right now--one in the living room connected to Kinect and a 250gb 360s in my gaming room. It's not unusual for me to play 360 in the gaming room and then take my flash drive and go right into the livingroom and play something else.  The first 360 I had got the RRoD AND a disc drive problem (I traded it in for store credit) and my second 360 had a disc drive problem (works great, now). When they were away for repairs, it was just me, the PS3, and the Wii. I still barely played the PS3.

The crazy thing is that, before I got a 360, I was crazy about my PS1 (owned 2 of those and over 100 games for the console) and my PS2 (owned 3 of those and over 100 games for the console). PS3 is a great system--in many ways, better than the 360. In some ways, worse than the 360. I can't put it into words. The heart knows what the heart wants.

Around the Network

I own both too but I love the xbox overall interface and the controller.

d21lewis said:

I dunno. I just like it. It sits there inches away from my PS3 and when I go to the video games store, they often have the exact same titles. For some reason, my PS3 sits there unused and my 360 gets played relentlessly. Hell, I have two 360's right now--one in the living room connected to Kinect and a 250gb 360s in my gaming room. It's not unusual for me to play 360 in the gaming room and then take my flash drive and go right into the livingroom and play something else.  The first 360 I had got the RRoD AND a disc drive problem (I traded it in for store credit) and my second 360 had a disc drive problem (works great, now). When they were away for repairs, it was just me, the PS3, and the Wii. I still barely played the PS3.

The crazy thing is that, before I got a 360, I was crazy about my PS1 (owned 2 of those and over 100 games for the console) and my PS2 (owned 3 of those and over 100 games for the console). PS3 is a great system--in many ways, better than the 360. In some ways, worse than the 360. I can't put it into words. The heart knows what the heart wants.

Yeah I totally agree with you.  I was die hard Sony prior to this generation and even though the consoles are almost the same for some reason I just enjoy my 360 more.  Its not really something I can put in words either but I find myself really only playing exclusives on my PS3 and everything else on my 360.

I honestly think a big part of it is just the sense of community and depth you get with Xbox Live.  When I'm on my 360 I feel like I'm part of a bigger thing, a large group of gamers, while when I'm on my PS3 I feel like I'm just on a machine.  Its hard to really put into words but things like cross game chat and how easy it is to access friends and their profiles really does make a big difference.

People who like the 360 more favor it for these reasons

1. XBL is beter then the PSN
2..Multiplats are better on the 360
3. Halo is awsome

I'm afraid for what this thread can (and probably will) become but for the time being, let me say that I'm glad this thread hasn't become a mud slinging contest. We're taking the high road, so far. The PS3 and 360 are both amazing pieces of hardware. They're both thriving after being on the market for five years--a time when past consoles would be dying. That says a lot.

My main thing is that I like the controller more that's why I buy all multi-plats on the 360. I also like Halo and Gears more than any Sony exclusive.

Which console is better is relative and varies from person to person. I mean, I own the vast majority of my games on the 360 and wouldn't say that it's better than the PS3.