By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Microsoft Thread

No Rare and a shitty Fable DLC game from Lionhead? They're totally working on the next box, have to be.

Around the Network

oh my god what a boring conference they actally had nothing except a few new kiddie games ea's conference was better and there 3rd party sony has announced more stuff and they havnt even had there conference

yo_john117 said:
outlawauron said:
yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:

Haha I meant do you usually like what the majority of people like in video games....cause I think thats the key most gamers on this site like niche games so of course they won't be pleased with what happened here but if your a mainstream gamer (aka like Halo, Fable, Dance game, COD, and other big awesome titles) then this show wouldn't disspoint.

I like lots of different games really, niche and mainstream. The Mass Effects, Fables, Uncharteds, Batmans and many others are awesome, but so is Flower, Valkyria Chronicles, Mirror's Edge, Heavy Rain and so on.

Ah so your like me and is ok with virtually every type of game as long as it has quality?

Absolutely. If a game is good quality, there's a good chance I'll like it. Not all supposed quality games are to my tastes, but generally, I don't care what kind of game it is, quality is quality.

Exactly, I wish more people would see it this way.

I see it that way, but the bigger issue with their conference is that most of the game did not look good at all. Outside of Dance Central 2 and the Disneyland game,  I can't see any of the Kinect games shown to be worth spending any time on.

Really? I thought the majority of the games looked great...and even if not for me I could see the appeal for different age groups.

You can still be aiming for a target market and have a bad product. Disneyland will do extremely well. Kinect Sports was awful. You could technical gameplay problems in the miniscule time they had it on stage. Combine bad gameplay with the horrendous presentation they gave and you have the overall feeling of Microsoft's presser. Less bad child actors (FIST BUMP) and I would rather have seen a wider variety of titles. It was all Kinect games and the three or four blockbuster titles we have in the next year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Right. I missed everything after Tomb Raider.

Can someone please link me to a post that has everything in it? Trailers, announcements, etc?

Will be very grateful

yum123 said:
oh my god what a boring conference they actally had nothing except a few new kiddie games ea's conference was better and there 3rd party sony has announced more stuff and they havnt even had there conference

I agree. EA's one was better...

Also, Sony has announced already great games, even without E3. The same happened last year, when they announced Socom, KZ3 and LBP2 1 or 2 weeks before the E3.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Right. I missed everything after Tomb Raider.

Can someone please link me to a post that has everything in it? Trailers, announcements, etc?

Will be very grateful

You can watch the whole conference here:-
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

List of announcments
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129724

VGC Liveblog
http://e3.vgchartz.com/conference.php?c=Microsoft

Trailers
http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/

i had to leave for a bday dinner while they were showing gears 3 so i'll watch the rest now on g4.

were EA and Ubisoft worth a watch? i'll check them out tomorrow probably, before nintendo's

Just got done watching.. Basically if you love surprises and hate Kinect, as I do, this show was not for you. I guess I give MS credit for following through on their promise of more Kinect games. Problem is, nobody really wanted more Kinect games lol. Just like last year, NO new Xbox 360 games announced for you, the non Kinect 360 owner. Third parties should be enough to keep it afloat I suppose, but that's not going to last much longer, especially when you consider that the core is still the vast majority of their userbase. If they turned on Nintendo, who at least has Zelda, Metroid, and Mario at their disposal, how long before they turn on MS, who has nowhere near the 1st party strength?

Star Wars was the one game I was remotely interested in on Kinect besides Child of Eden, but that demo looked god awful. Way too clunky and awkward for my liking. Sesame Street and Disney Land.. Lol I think it's safe to say MS officially trumps Nintendo in the kiddie department.

Gears 3 looks sweet of course, but nothing new there really, just showing off a new boss. Big deal.

Minecraft with Kinect is an interesting surprise, but Kinect seems like a highly impractial way to play the game, and I'm sure it is far superior on the PC, and will probably be half the price. I love how they threw in a brief teaser of Halo 4, probably to keep their core fanbase from starting riots.

3/10, and that's being generous. Saved by Tomb Raider which looks decent, MW3, and the awesomeness of Gears 3, though I have already played it so videos of the game no longer wow me.

They should just drop kinect.

sorry.. couldn't resist not posting this up lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The overall conference was average. Nothing was really a surprised as most things were leaked already. Enjoyed seeing some gameplay of games like Tomb Raider, Mass Effect 3, etc. It's about time Halo 4 is announced, will be picking that up and Halo Anniversary as well.

Not much interest in the Kinect announcements. Dance Central 2 will probably sell well. Interested to see how it feels with Mass Effect 3 after it is released. I wanted to see a new Mechwarrior, the new Steel Battlion, a few other discussed titles that haven't really been spoken about much.

Most of the announcements were spoiled ahead of time. All three conferences were average.