By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Microsoft Thread

Rainbird said:

So I'm like one of three people who liked the conference?

Kinect was awesome, and I love how committed Microsoft are to it. The improvements compared to last year are immense. 

Voice commands looked awesome in ME3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and the Gunsmith looked really awesome, though I hope they tune that aiming. It's sweet that it isn't on rails though!

Ryse looked awesome! I loved Red Steel 2, and this looks right down my alley!

Fable: The Journey looked a bit cheesy, but all the spells actually looked fun to play with.

Not to mention all the entertainment stuff! I really hope they start bringing some good entertainment to Denmark through Xbox Live, that interface was really sweet!

All in all, I'd say 8/10 from me.

Would you say your more of a mainstream gamer then most other people on this website?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:

Kinect was awesome, and I love how committed Microsoft are to it. The improvements compared to last year are immense. 

Voice commands looked awesome in ME3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and the Gunsmith looked really awesome, though I hope they tune that aiming. It's sweet that it isn't on rails though!

Fable: The Journey looked a bit cheesy, but all the spells actually looked fun to play with.

Not to mention all the entertainment stuff! I really hope they start bringing some good entertainment to Denmark through Xbox Live, that interface was really sweet!

Would you say your more of a mainstream gamer then most other people on this website?

I'm core to the bone. Unless core means anything that isn't using a pad is bad, then I'm a core gamer open to new experiences.

Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:

I'm core to the bone. Unless core means anything that isn't using a pad, then I'm a core gamer open to new experiences.

Haha I meant do you usually like what the majority of people like in video games....cause I think thats the key most gamers on this site like niche games so of course they won't be pleased with what happened here but if your a mainstream gamer (aka like Halo, Fable, Dance game, COD, and other big awesome titles) then this show wouldn't disspoint.

yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:

I'm core to the bone. Unless core means anything that isn't using a pad is bad, then I'm a core gamer open to new experiences.

Haha I meant do you usually like what the majority of people like in video games....cause I think thats the key most gamers on this site like niche games so of course they won't be pleased with what happened here but if your a mainstream gamer (aka like Halo, Fable, Dance game, COD, and other big awesome titles) then this show wouldn't disspoint.

I like lots of different games really, niche and mainstream. The Mass Effects, Fables, Uncharteds, Batmans and many others are awesome, but so is Flower, Valkyria Chronicles, Mirror's Edge, Heavy Rain and so on.

smbu2000 said:
Aldro said:

Microsofts 2011 exclusive line up (Not counting Kinect only games..):
Forza 3 (Not yet out)

I thought Forza 3 came out in 2009? That's when I bought it. ;-p

Anyway, for people interested in the Halo Remake, you'll be able to switch between the new graphics and the classic graphics on the fly.

http://twitter.com/#!/DavidEllis/statuses/77806803802529792

David Ellis
And yes, you can switch between classic & new graphics in real time in Halo: Anniversary.

Oh shit my bad bro, meant FM4.

Around the Network

There were something good and something bad in MS E3 conference.

Good:
Gears 3 looks even better what I did thought,
Forza 4 looks good and if Kinect head tracking works well, it could be fun,
The Witcher 2 is coming to XO (I know it's not E3 news, but give me a break).

Bad:
EVERYTHING else!!!!

And I don't mean it were EPIC bad, or even it were so bad it's not even funny! I mean MS E3 conference were so bad that first thing after conference (or more like after stopping banging my head against table) were visit to local Gamestop pages to check is it still possible to get any compensation at all from your old Xbox360 + Kinect, when you change it to new PS3...or used PS3...or broken FAT model PS3....or ANYTHING else!

Sigh!!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:
fml the leaked list was BETTER than this! very disappointed and I sincerely apologize if I come off as a hater here. that was just horrible..not a SINGLE surprise...

kingdoms was a friggin fail! wth!?
at least for the fans they have Halo 4 which should be awesome...but DAMN! I think this was worse than last years...way worse

best parts of the show
Halo 4 teaser
DC2
MW3
to a certain extent TR: heavily influenced by Uncharted it seems but at least it looks interesting..

bad
Rest

You do know Uncharted was heavily influenced by Tomb Raider, right?  :-p

Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:

I like lots of different games really, niche and mainstream. The Mass Effects, Fables, Uncharteds, Batmans and many others are awesome, but so is Flower, Valkyria Chronicles, Mirror's Edge, Heavy Rain and so on.

Ah so your like me and is ok with virtually every type of game as long as it has quality?

yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:

Ah so your like me and is ok with virtually every type of game as long as it has quality?

Absolutely. If a game is good quality, there's a good chance I'll like it. Not all supposed quality games are to my tastes, but generally, I don't care what kind of game it is, quality is quality.

Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:

Absolutely. If a game is good quality, there's a good chance I'll like it. Not all supposed quality games are to my tastes, but generally, I don't care what kind of game it is, quality is quality.

Exactly, I wish more people would see it this way.