By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo create a new classic style Zelda game?

Should Nintendo create a new classic style Zelda game?

Yes! 2D Zelda is best! 21 20.59%

No! 3D Zelda is the future! 7 6.86%

A highbred 2.5 3D Zelda would be amazing 14 13.73%

Why not have both! 49 48.04%

Maybe as a downloadable game 10 9.80%

Wouldn’t be worth it 1 0.98%

Total:102

LOL great topic, jus playing the Ol' NES Zelda on Wii right now. I think a A Link To The Past remake in the graphical quality shown above would be AMAZING.. maybe for Cafe as Download, and for Wii as Retail game. =3..

But a good 3D Zelda could be amazing too, but Skyward sword yet has to impress me..

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Beuli2 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

doesn't phantom hourglass and spirit tracks count as classic 2D?  those aren't that old

Nope.

Why not? I never played them but they certainly seem like it

I wish I could have played them but I really couldn't get used to using touch controls for everything (including movement!!?!)

You'll have to try harder if you want to convince me on that.

I wasn't trying to convince you, I was really asking - I didn't play either so I don't know

I played halfway through phantom (I know i'm ashamed, i need to finish it) and I really don't get all the hate... well besides transportation, but that's a little better than windwalker I guess...

in any case, 2D zelda is the best, but the 3D is fine too (just not as good :p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

doesn't phantom hourglass and spirit tracks count as classic 2D?  those aren't that old

Nope.

yeah you're going to have to eleborate.  i played phantom hourglass an although some of the sections were sorta kinda 3Dish (some shops, sailing) the vast majority of the gameplay was top down 2D ala the legend of zelda links awakening.

Hephaestos said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I wasn't trying to convince you, I was really asking - I didn't play either so I don't know

I played halfway through phantom (I know i'm ashamed, i need to finish it) and I really don't get all the hate... well besides transportation, but that's a little better than windwalker I guess...

So would you consider it similar to classic 2D Zelda?

To me it looks that way but again, I haven't played the DS games

miz1q2w3e said:
Hephaestos said:
miz1q2w3e said:

So would you consider it similar to classic 2D Zelda?

To me it looks that way but again, I haven't played the DS games

it's closer to the 2 button zeldas, as you use the trigger for one button and you move/attack with the stylus... making it really only 2 buutons and a stick.

(edit : Actually I haven't played in a whole so don't mind correcting me :p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Yeah, I would definitely like for this to happen. Of course, as many have pointed out, I want both not just one or the other.

I don't buy portable systems so the games on them, if you're even considering them that is, don't hold much weight with me (even though I'm sure they are great games)

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Hell yeah!

I LOVE ICELAND!

YES, YES, ONE MILLION TIMES YES!!!

Just please leave out the ships, choo choo trains and living hats. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I really don't want the 3DS to get a Zelda game in the style of a home console release. The series needs diversity. Having every adventure from now on in a 3D world would be so repetitive. That's what I love about the 2D games... you mostly play them for their charm and story, but when you get to the major console game, seeing everything in 3D from once 2D makes it that much more amazing. 

kitler53 said:
Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

Nope.

yeah you're going to have to eleborate.  i played phantom hourglass an although some of the sections were sorta kinda 3Dish (some shops, sailing) the vast majority of the gameplay was top down 2D ala the legend of zelda links awakening.

Just because it looked like the 2D doesn't mean it had the 2D Zelda soul.

Above: still the best game of the year.