By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo create a new classic style Zelda game?

Should Nintendo create a new classic style Zelda game?

Yes! 2D Zelda is best! 21 20.59%

No! 3D Zelda is the future! 7 6.86%

A highbred 2.5 3D Zelda would be amazing 14 13.73%

Why not have both! 49 48.04%

Maybe as a downloadable game 10 9.80%

Wouldn’t be worth it 1 0.98%

Total:102
kitler53 said:
Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

doesn't phantom hourglass and spirit tracks count as classic 2D?  those aren't that old

Nope.

yeah you're going to have to eleborate.  i played phantom hourglass an although some of the sections were sorta kinda 3Dish (some shops, sailing) the vast majority of the gameplay was top down 2D ala the legend of zelda links awakening.

They both have a bird's-eye viewpoint, but that's about as far as the similarities go.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are far more linear, puzzle-centric, story-driven, the exploration is severely limited, there's a heavier emphasis on (afaic, BORING) NPC interaction, yadda yadda yadda, you get the gist.

OT: I don't really care if it's played from a top-down perspective or not, I just want a Zelda game that drops you in the middle of a massive world right off the bat, practically says "go nuts, kid", and then just let's me wander around to my heart's content, beating dungeons in the order I want to.

I'm still just fine with the so-called "puzzle Zeldas", though.

Around the Network

you guys should try 3d dot game heroes, its a lot like the older zeldas

idc, if it's good, then it's neat. 

and anyways not following nsmb, cause that's my least favorite 2D mario... I think.

Make A Link to the Past 2 with 2D gameplay and Stunning Visuals like that seen in the OP, and we got a winner!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Ninpanda said:
kitler53 said:
Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

doesn't phantom hourglass and spirit tracks count as classic 2D?  those aren't that old

Nope.

yeah you're going to have to eleborate.  i played phantom hourglass an although some of the sections were sorta kinda 3Dish (some shops, sailing) the vast majority of the gameplay was top down 2D ala the legend of zelda links awakening.

They both have a bird's-eye viewpoint, but that's about as far as the similarities go.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are far more linear, puzzle-centric, story-driven, the exploration is severely limited, there's a heavier emphasis on (afaic, BORING) NPC interaction, yadda yadda yadda, you get the gist.

OT: I don't really care if it's played from a top-down perspective or not, I just want a Zelda game that drops you in the middle of a massive world right off the bat, practically says "go nuts, kid", and then just let's me wander around to my heart's content, beating dungeons in the order I want to.

I'm still just fine with the so-called "puzzle Zeldas", though.

well when i read the op i read 2D not zelda minus the coddling.  and let's face it, what games (wii, ps360, psp, ds, 3ds, ect.) doesn't heavily coddle the user heavily compared to the snes days?   i really can only think of one - demon's souls.  from how you described things, demon souls is more zelda than any other game this gen.

Around the Network
cory.ok said:

you guys should try 3d dot game heroes, its a lot like the older zeldas

I`m going to buy that game eventually just because of that! :D

about the poll: I chose both aswell! There`s something special in 2D Zelda`s, specially the first game on NES. That game still has a special place in my heart.

Just looking back at that game now... seeing all the imagination, creativity and care put in that game, at that time, is just WOW. Most games nowadays aren`t half of what Zelda on NES was in the 80`s. No wonder Miyamoto is who he is today!

Euphoria14 said:

YES, YES, ONE MILLION TIMES YES!!!

I always knew 3D Dot was a replacement.

OT:

BOTH!!

3D Zelda would give me the depth feeling, and 2D Zelda would give me the super punishment feel!

morenoingrato said:
Euphoria14 said:

OT:

BOTH!!

3D Zelda would give me the depth feeling, and 2D Zelda would give me the super punishment feel!

3DDGH was a replacement, and a damn good one at that too!

I am proud that 360,000 gamers bought it so far. I was the biggest supporter of this game and I expected ~200-250k when all was said and done and even that at the time seemed a bit too optimistic.

Considering the game only took 10 months to make and was started by a 1 man team I am almost guaranteed another title by them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
morenoingrato said:
Euphoria14 said:

OT:

BOTH!!

3DDGH was a replacement, and a damn good one at that too!

I am proud that 360,000 gamers bought it so far. I was the biggest supporter of this game and I expected ~200-250k when all was said and done and even that at the time seemed a bit too optimistic.

Considering the game only took 10 months to make and was started by a 1 man team I am almost guaranteed another title by them.

360 version confirmed?

I played it, damn amazing artstyle!!

Euphoria14 said:

Just please leave out the ships, choo choo trains and living hats. 

Minish Cap was amazing tyvm.