By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo create a new classic style Zelda game?

Should Nintendo create a new classic style Zelda game?

Yes! 2D Zelda is best! 21 20.59%

No! 3D Zelda is the future! 7 6.86%

A highbred 2.5 3D Zelda would be amazing 14 13.73%

Why not have both! 49 48.04%

Maybe as a downloadable game 10 9.80%

Wouldn’t be worth it 1 0.98%

Total:102

Similarly to like they’ve done with New Super Mario bros and with the classic controls.

It could have massive sales potential and it would be great to see another classic IP from Nintendo in 2D again. Who didn’t love that classic overhead view from the past? Even as a downloadable only game, it would still be more then worth it to Nintendo and its the 25th year anniversary this year. Nintendo said they would be celebrating it. So it just might happen!

Thoughts?

Around the Network

I think that screen you included looks awesome! Hell yeah I'm ready for an awesome 2D adventure!

I just started playing Earthbound Zero today and it really made me miss all those magnificent 2D games from the SNES days *-*

Bring it on!

Edit: I voted to have both cuz both are awesome :)

Why not have both indeed? Only frothing Malstromites don't want 3D Zelda, and more variety would be good for everyone

Granted i haven't ever played any of the truly old-style Zeldas. Might give that a try if Link's Awakening hits the e-shop.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I voted for both as well. 2D Zelda = awesomeness.

I LOVED Four Swords Adventures on GameCube. With Cafe 3DS/the rumoured touchscreen controllers they could take that idea to a whole new level...  *drools*

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

doesn't phantom hourglass and spirit tracks count as classic 2D?  those aren't that old

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

doesn't phantom hourglass and spirit tracks count as classic 2D?  those aren't that old

Nope.

Above: still the best game of the year.

On 3DS? Yes.

Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

Nope.

Why not? I never played them but they certainly seem like it

I wish I could have played them but I really couldn't get used to using touch controls for everything (including movement!!?!)

miz1q2w3e said:
Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

Nope.

I wish I could have played them but I really couldn't get used to using touch controls for everything (including movement!!?!)

You'll have to try harder if you want to convince me on that.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:

Nope.

You'll have to try harder if you want to convince me on that.

I wasn't trying to convince you, I was really asking - I didn't play either so I don't know