By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As a Nintendo fan, I feel totally insulted by this Wii line-up.

As a Nintendo fan, I feel totally insulted by this Wii line-up.

It sucks. 45 23.68%

It's terrible. 33 17.37%

It's horrible. 24 12.63%

It's really poor. 48 25.26%

I hate it. 6 3.16%

I detest it. 34 17.89%

Total:190
Cerebralbore101 said:

I want a minimum of four new 1st or 2nd party Nintendo games a year scoring 80 or better on Opencritic. Remasters and ports don't count. Remakes can count, but only if they are significantly different enough from the original game to warrant a 2nd playthrough. A Remake and a remaster are not the same thing (I'm sure you know that, but I had to say it anyway for fear of others misunderstanding my post). That's it. That's my position in a nutshell.

I don't get the fixation on one company though. I love good third-party games. Currently I play Romance of the three Kingdoms, and it is great. And I obviously look forward to MonHun Rise. Although no Palamute can match Cha-Cha and Kayamba.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I want a minimum of four new 1st or 2nd party Nintendo games a year scoring 80 or better on Opencritic. Remasters and ports don't count. Remakes can count, but only if they are significantly different enough from the original game to warrant a 2nd playthrough. A Remake and a remaster are not the same thing (I'm sure you know that, but I had to say it anyway for fear of others misunderstanding my post). That's it. That's my position in a nutshell.

I don't get the fixation on one company though. I love good third-party games. Currently I play Romance of the three Kingdoms, and it is great. And I obviously look forward to MonHun Rise. Although no Palamute can match Cha-Cha and Kayamba.

I also buy and play a ton of 3rd party games on Switch. Didn't mean to imply that I only buy Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles. Rise is something I'll play day 1. Gonna drag several friends into it too.

So I know that Pokemon ALWAYS supports a system pretty late into it's life but I want to mention one thing. The announcement of Pokemon Legends is EXACTLY the kind of thing that is indicative of WHY it's reasonable to believe Switch will have a long life ahead of it. I know that Pokemon can kind of be an outlier because we saw things like Pokemon Black and White 2 releasing a year after the 3DS but I think it speaks volumes that in the era of HD development we'll probably (and this is speculation, so don't be too harsh if it ends up being untrue) be seeing 3 Gamefreak-made ORIGINAL games. The only other time this happened was with the DS, which to be fair did not have a super long life or anything, but that was also in an era where games took less long to make. 

To be clear, I'm not saying "Switch will definitely last long because Gamefreak is an indicator". More like, the fact that we'll have 3 brand new 3D Pokemon games (instead of 2 gens, a remake or two, and a third version) along with titles like Splatoon 3 being announced is probably indicative of the fact that Switch will be consistently selling enough for Nintendo not to want to abandon ship too early. 

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

Funnily enough, Wii's 2011 didn't end up all that bad if you lived in PAL; we got Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyward Sword, Rayman Origins, de Blob 2, Modern Warfare 3, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, FAST Racing League. That's a decent annual lineup in my opinion.

Yeah, Satoru Shibata did treat us much better than Reggie did America.

Indeed, I'd even go so far as to call it the system's third best year if you didn't live in America. Xenoblade and Skyward Sword were genuinely great games and the rest ranged from very good to decent. I'd even add Conduit 2, which while flawed was still dumb fun.

You think that’s bad, you should have seen 2020! Only like three games all year! It’s the N64 all over again!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

2012 was the real test; The Last Story and Project Zero 2: Wii Edition were awesome, and Pandora's Tower was decent, but that was basically all there was all year.

I mean, there was Mario Party 9, but I don't give a damn about that.

A lot of folks always say 2008 was barren but I actually thought it had a lot to offer; Mario Kart Wii, COD World at War, No More Heroes, de Blob, World of Goo, Boom Blox, Shaun White Snowboarding...

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 March 2021

Mnementh said:
Kakadu18 said:

A surprising amount of people in this thread were last online in April 2017. How come?

I was wondering before about this. Seemingly there was a db reorganisation and old login dates were lost. So all these people with the same date probably were inactive before.

The truth is much sadder than people realise,the Wii games drought continued on for another 6 years,and resulted in a mass extinction occurring.this was due to   the fact that certain VGchartz members were endemic to the Wii and the ecosystem could no longer sustain them.

Scientists looking into this discovered that   another factor in this event, was the loss of hope among those gamers was so strong even a new system with a familiar habitat was not enough, in contrast they found that those who roamed across the various gaming landscapes are more resistant to these climate changes, they also found that he extinction had a great regenerative effect by bringing in new gamers,now whether these are related to the nomads who once roamed the plains of Wii or something else more damaging to the environment like feral PS - XB gamers only time will tell.

mjk45. Professor of gaming (Filed under history in relation to Vgchartz) ISBN 454545

Last edited by mjk45 - on 05 March 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Moren So, did you sell your Wii?