By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As a Nintendo fan, I feel totally insulted by this Wii line-up.

As a Nintendo fan, I feel totally insulted by this Wii line-up.

It sucks. 45 23.68%

It's terrible. 33 17.37%

It's horrible. 24 12.63%

It's really poor. 48 25.26%

I hate it. 6 3.16%

I detest it. 34 17.89%

Total:190

A surprising amount of people in this thread were last online in April 2017. How come?

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

A surprising amount of people in this thread were last online in April 2017. How come?

Maybe they were already getting bored with the site but decided to stick around for the launch of the Switch and then left after that passed.

Kakadu18 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I have a bad habit of letting my emotions get the better of me and overstating my case. The Switch's 1st party lineup this year is bad, but it's not THIS level of absolute shit.

It's only the first half thus far and the second half can very well be much tighter packed, like in 2019.

I mean, the Switch's first half of the year for this year is pretty great, definitely the best Switch has had so far except MAYBE 2017 which is a bit unfair given it's the launch year and even that I would disagree with. 

I think Cerebral moreso means on the EPD level. In which case if the second half of the year was mostly spotlighted by big games technically not made by EPD (like in 2019, where the only thing they did was kind of assist with Link's Awakening), it wouldn't really make the situation any better. 

Pretty sure everyone appeared as logged in that date. It was a site bug of some sorts. I don't think you'll find any earlier date than that.

Last edited by Moren - on 25 February 2021

Ultravolt said:

Today I learned what a "necrobump" is.

I have to explain this term to people in real life. There should be a school to teach "nerd-talk" to non-nerds. 1337, own, pwn, gank, etc.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kakadu18 said:

It's only the first half thus far and the second half can very well be much tighter packed, like in 2019.

I mean, the Switch's first half of the year for this year is pretty great, definitely the best Switch has had so far except MAYBE 2017 which is a bit unfair given it's the launch year and even that I would disagree with. 

I think Cerebral moreso means on the EPD level. In which case if the second half of the year was mostly spotlighted by big games technically not made by EPD (like in 2019, where the only thing they did was kind of assist with Link's Awakening), it wouldn't really make the situation any better. 

In 2019 EPD released Super Mario Maker 2, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Ring Fit Adventure and in Japan Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch.

Btw EPD also released Mario Kart Tour in 2019. 

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 25 February 2021

RolStoppable said:

big facts

I guess the point of this necrobump is to bring it to people's attention what the Wii's fifth year looked like in terms of software and how that compares to Switch which is about to enter its fifth year next week.

While the Wii's 2011 is typically looked back at in a way that it only sold 10m units for the year, the people who remember its software lineup consider 10m an exceptionally strong performance based on the games it got. Other consoles that had similarly barren lineups couldn't even sell 5m during such years.

Thank you for translating!

Kakadu18 said:

In 2019 EPD released Super Mario Maker 2, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Ring Fit Adventure and in Japan Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch.

You said: 

So when I'm saying that Cerebral is probably specifically talking about EPD output (because we've talked together about this topic alot before) and thus comparing it to 2019 wouldn't do the year any favors, you don't disprove that by showing games that released before the second half of 2019, like Mario Maker 2 and NSMBUDX. The last half of 2019 only had Ring Fit Adventure from EPD, as well as Mario Kart Tour and Brain Training. But I mean ... really ... a mobile app which has nothing to do with the topic at hand which is the Switch lineup and a game so insignificant it wasn't even localized in the U.S.? 

I'm not saying 2019 was bad by the way, fucking loved that year. But there's no doubt that the second half of the year was made mostly by development partners, not Ninendo (EDIT: Worth mentioning though that Ring Fit is fucking huge though). Doesn't matter much to me, but it probably matters to the user you're replying to. I'd love anything as good as late 2019 quality-wise. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 25 February 2021

Kakadu18 said:

You said: 

So when I'm saying that Cerebral is probably specifically talking about EPD output (because we've talked together about this topic alot before) and thus comparing it to 2019 wouldn't do the year any favors, you don't disprove that by showing games that released before the second half of 2019, like Mario Maker 2 and NSMBUDX. The last half of 2019 only had Ring Fit Adventure from EPD, as well as Mario Kart Tour and Brain Training. But I mean ... really ... a mobile app which has nothing to do with the topic at hand which is the Switch lineup and a game so insignificant it wasn't even localized in the U.S.? 

I'm not saying 2019 was bad by the way, fucking loved that year. But there's no doubt that the second half of the year was made by development partners, not Ninendo. Doesn't matter much to me, but it probably matters to the user you're replying to. 

You're totally right. Although 2017 was the only year so far that was mainly carried by the EPD output with 6 games on the Switch.

Brain Training wasn't localised in the US because of legal reasons, but that's beside the topic.

Heh, this thread is great.  That list of games in the OP is so bad.  I feel like you can make a game out of it.  "How many games shown in the Feb 2021 Direct look better than any game from the list in the OP?"

I count 12.

Outer Wilds
Samurai Warriors 5
Legend of Mana
Monster Hunter Rise
Mario Golf Super Rush
No More Heroes 3
Project Triangle Strategy
World's End Club
Hades (Physical)
Ninja Gaiden Collection
Skyward Sword
Splatoon 3

This is with me not counting any DLC and also being fairly conservative on which games to include above.  There were several more games I was tempted to put in.  The hard part is really figuring out which game in the OP you think is the best.