By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Donkey Kong Country Returns!

Good points:

• Great level design
  • Good music
  • Co-op
  • High difficulty especially in co-op mode.
Bad points:
  • Forced motion controls. I didn't find it a problem most of the time however a game like this that requires precise jumps, motion controls just don't respond fast enough.
  • Diddy Kong players have the advantage over Donkey Kong players.
Overall one of the best games on Wii.

Around the Network

A good game. A damn good game. Tons of content, plenty o' replay value, some great music, not dumbed down for idiots, the level design is great, the multiplayer is fun, and the controls are pitch-perfect.

However, I can't help but ask "Where are the other animal buddies? Why can't I use the classic controller?"

I also think the game is a bit too generous with the extra lives, and the Kremlings were way badass-ier than the Tikis. And elemental levels (earth, lava, etc.) have been getting stale since the early '90s.

The gameplay's rock-solid, though, and so are other things, as I play this side-scrolling bliss. (Ha ha. Penis joke. You sure don't see a lot o' those on the interwebs.)

I haven't seen and done everything the game has to offer, but at the moment, it's definitely deserving of an...

One of the best games this generation, and a good relaunch of the franchise. 

9.5/10

it was a great game it had good level design. ok replayability the co-op was also ok the difficulty wasnt bad i mostly died from the barrels but its really hard for newer players like my niece. the controls were meh the having to shake the wii mote for the ground pound wasnt that great but overall a good game that i had a lot of fun playing

Once again Retro Studios pulled off another oustanding revamp of a franchise. The level designs are a great throwback to the originals and offer new unique levels, the soundtrack is also compelling. Overall it is a return to form for Donkey Kong.

Around the Network

Best 2D platformer i ever played. miles ahead of its snes counterparts. level design is superb. graphics and sound are top notch and the game features a good difficulty level, which is rare nowadays. i could not be more satisfied.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Because of the level design.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:
dsister said:

How the heck did Reach make it in first? O.o 

Cause virtually no one voted under a 9.2 for it.

I'm guessing something happened to bump it down those notches.

Yeah my math was off...9.57 did seem pretty high. 

9.6. What Rol said.

Above: still the best game of the year.

9.3 great game.