By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Donkey Kong Country Returns!

Why?  Because it's 2D platforming goodness and I reccomend it to flat out any gamer especially if they think they rock the platformers, the smug look will be wiped off pretty quickly.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

10/10

It's a great platformer and quite challenging in some levels. What could you ask more?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

One of the best 2D platformers Iveever played, and certainly the best DKC game I've played!

You need to do Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Monster Hunter Tri at some point!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It's just a beautiful game, and not just visually... Be it a silhouette level or just a piece of brilliant music from the original games randomly popping up and offering a good dose of nostalgia, everything about this game looks and sounds great.

It's also incredibly fun to play and creates that 'just one more level' attitude that games like this need to have to truly be amongst the greats.

I just wish people didn't dismiss it as unworthy of a retail release because they played a 2D platformer on PSN or whatever that can be completed in two hours on the first play through, ignoring how big this game is in comparison...

VGChartz

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Why?  Because it's 2D platforming goodness and I reccomend it to flat out any gamer especially if they think they rock the platformers, the smug look will be wiped off pretty quickly.

Some people fight strange and dubious wars.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Some people fight strange and dubious wars.

Hrm? What's that?  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

My favorite game of 2011. Incredible level design, tight gameplay, great challenge, tons of replay value.

Signature goes here!

10 out of 10.

I have never played a better 2D platformer ever.  The level design is jaw dropping.

It's a much better game than NSMB Wii.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Vgchartz score--9.26

Gamerankings score--87.79%

Highest score was 10, lowest was 5

One of the best (and most fun) 2D Platformer out there, nice score. ^_^

In Retro Studios we trust.